Hi!

Hiya!

I've been reading Brandon's books for quite a few years now and to be perfectly honest I have been rereading his books so much that in the last two years I've only read one book by another author! I'm hoping to get more involved in the fandom as I think it would be nice to talk to people who love the books as much as I do. But anyway, my main passion is philosophy so its great to see lots of philosophical dilemmas in TSA. I also love music and am currently writing an album!

2 hours ago, TrдVψLшR 0115 said:

Hi! You should link to your album when you finish it. I’m always interested in hearing new stuff. I’d love to give it a listen. Welcome to the shard, have fun!

Thanks I definitely will! Its slow progress at the moment unfortunately as the place I usually record at is closed due to COVID 

32 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

Welcome to the Shard! 

What is your favorite magic system and why? (and for fun, non cosmere also (sci-fi counts!))

I love the nalthian magic system! Its probably not a very powerful one compared to surgebinding but its so beautiful and vivid. Also as a musician, the idea of a whole culture where perfect pitch is obtainable for anyone, sounds pretty cool. In terms of non-cosmere, I really like the reckoners magic system- it was eye opening to see powers used in such a destructive way.

1 hour ago, Wander89 said:

Welcome to the Shard! I have/had the same issue. Read a lot of Brandon and could not get into any other author. Managed to get out of it but feel that when Rhythm of War comes out then I will end up in a damnation good spiral again!

Yeah exactly! What other books do you read? Any recommendations?

33 minutes ago, rhythmwraith said:

Yeah exactly! What other books do you read? Any recommendations?

I've recently read Robert Jackson Bennett's Foundryside & Shorefall, some great magic system in their in the same light-hearted vein of Sanderson. Read Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames which is just humourous and full of wit and battle. Also read Sir Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic & The Light Fantastic which, whilst not as good, were also full of parody-fantasy and pure greatness.

38 minutes ago, Wander89 said:

I've recently read Robert Jackson Bennett's Foundryside & Shorefall, some great magic system in their in the same light-hearted vein of Sanderson. Read Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames which is just humourous and full of wit and battle. Also read Sir Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic & The Light Fantastic which, whilst not as good, were also full of parody-fantasy and pure greatness.

Sounds good, I might give Kings of the Wyld a go!!