Book recommendation game

On 7/17/2020 at 6:06 AM, AonEne said:

Yeah, I have, it was pretty good. 

Dog books in the same vein as A Dog’s Purpose, anyone? 

Yeah 

Ah I was going for spoiler box for 

Spoiler

I loved the girl and hated the boy lol. But I hope he grows into a better person. 

The movie wasn't that good at all. I watched the movie first. 

Man it was so wholesome.

Ok have u read the comics Drama , Ghosts and Teeth by raina tainagar, they are short but are really cute. It's not exactly fluff concentrated but it is an element. 

It's technically for kids who r like 13 or younger. But it's just so cute and funny and wholesome :P.

U might like it .

Have u read marley and me , it's about a dog too. It's not the same as a dog's purpose. I haven't read Purpose but only the blurb .

Marley is from a human pov ( the movie adaptation is great too btw ) ,But the canine does play a big role in the story . 

Also I was wondering has anyone here read Otsuichi. 

He writes about horror and callous tragedy mostly. But it's not all. Its more , I can't describe it properly. 

I have read his books Goth, " Summer , fireworks and my Corpse " , Zoo and black fairy tale. 

Man those were a mix of emotions. Wow. 

Looking for another fellow fan and recommendations like those or like the book " the lovely bones ". Thank u. :)

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

10 hours ago, Darkfinder said:

I would like a fantasy novel don't really care about minor details at the moment as I don't have anything new to read at the moment.

Here's a brief list of good fantasy books: 

The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

2 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

I would like a fantasy novel with a romantic subplot similar to Elantris's, please. Raoden and Sarene are the cutest. :wub:

The Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves. The second book specifically really reminds me of Elantris, but no spoilers! It doesn't match Brandon in cute, but I rather like one of the couples it has. 

I want a fantasy or sci-fi adventure that's going to have me on the floor laughing.

Edited by Negative_Null

15 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

I would like a fantasy novel with a romantic subplot similar to Elantris's, please. Raoden and Sarene are the cutest. :wub:

The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley is great, and it has a very sweet love story (though it starts out very strangely). "Harry" Crewe, the female protagonist, is a truly unique character, and the romance is intertwined perfectly with the plot.

McKinley's other Damar book, the Hero and the Crown, is also very good but the love story is only a very minor part of the story.

My wife really likes McKinley's novels that are retelling of classic fairytales, like Beauty (Beauty and the Best), Spindles End (Sleeping Beauty), and Outlaws of Sherwood (Robin Hood).

22 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

All five of the books I recommended in my last post have a level of romance, but I would say The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima is the one with the closest level of romance to Elantris.

I would like some fantasy, but quite popular, so it probably would be translated to Polish, but not too popular, because if it was, I would probably already read it. 

It would be nice if this book hadn’t much romance (The Cruel Prince from Holly Black was maximum of what I could read with happiness).

7 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley is great, and it has a very sweet love story (though it starts out very strangely). "Harry" Crewe, the female protagonist, is a truly unique character, and the romance is intertwined perfectly with the plot.

I actually have The Blue Sword, I started it one time, but I wasn't able to get into it... Maybe I'll give it another chance, though!

2 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

I actually have The Blue Sword, I started it one time, but I wasn't able to get into it... Maybe I'll give it another chance, though!

Yeah, the opening is very strangely paced, the story is a little difficult to get into but the love story is great and the ending is fantastic!

On 7/21/2020 at 0:44 PM, Emi said:

I would like some fantasy, but quite popular, so it probably would be translated to Polish, but not too popular, because if it was, I would probably already read it. 

It would be nice if this book hadn’t much romance (The Cruel Prince from Holly Black was maximum of what I could read with happiness).

Tried Ranger's Apprentice?

23 hours ago, Emi said:

Nope

It’s good, so is it’s companion series Brotherband 

Chronicles? Something like that I’m too lazy to go up to my room where I should be now. Why am I randomly sitting in my kitchen?

oh yeah I wanted some frozen fruit.

crisis averted

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Frustration said:

Fantasy as epic as you can, limit sexual content

powder mage, i don't remember any sexual content in it, so probably not much, also add a comma (see bolded comma)

Edited by Doomstick
my slep drepived selv is two wize four the good of humanitee

On 9/15/2020 at 9:47 PM, Frustration said:

Fantasy as epic as you can, limit sexual content

This isn't a sentence to begin with. Therefore any points about grammar are null and void until you reformat it into a sentence. Reading it though, the pauses (at least when I am reading it) seems to be after "Fantasy" and "can," so written like this: "Fantasy, as epic as you can, limit sexual content" although dashes might be better than commas.

Edited by Ishar

32 minutes ago, Ishar said:

This isn't a sentence to begin with. Therefore any points about grammar are null and void until you reformat it into a sentence. Reading it though, the pauses (at least when I am reading it) seems to be after "Fantasy" and "can," so written like this: "Fantasy, as epic as you can, limit sexual content" although dashes might be better than commas.

“Fantasy as epic as you can make it” would also work. I’m unsure if it would still fly if we left it without the ‘make it’.