Studio C and JK Studios Thread

AonEne

For Studio C discussion, both the old group and the new! Also JK! Studios and Divine Comedy. (Because this is easier for people to talk in than a PM, and has no member limit.) 

Edited by AonEne

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, yah. Hyperactive Kyle, Mafia, Robbery Gone Wrong, and a bunch of the early stuff was great. 

The JK fill in the blank sketches were great especially the Stacy and Matt angel one.

Not gonna lie, Studio C has been a great source of comedy and a huge part of my childhood.

17 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

Yay for this existing! I'm a fan of the tongue twister ones, and of course Scott Sterling. Who isn't? I also get a kick out of Prop Switch every time.

Dana's Dead!

One of my favorites is probably the lord of the rings vs. harry potter one(s).

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 9:38 AM, Vapor said:

dudes, don't despair. dana didnt die deep ditch diving. she was trying to draw drowsy ducks down by dairy queen downing a dilly bar in her dodge dakota

We've skipped things but let's see how it goes

Wait Dana did drugs?

• 2 months later...
On June 20, 2020 at 8:07 PM, Condensation said:

What is everyone's opinions on the new cast?

They're great!

17 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Wait! Don't let this die! I refuse to let a Studio C and JK Studios thread die while I'm literally watching JK Studios sketches!

I think it died a long time ago.

But we can revive it!

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

YES REVIVAL 

I don’t like the new cast. Nothing against them, I just don’t find much of the humor funny. 

REVIVAL!!!

I agree that the new cast is lacking. I've been trying to figure out what it is they're missing, and I have a few hypotheses, but I think most of it is just because they aren't the OGs. I was watching some JK Studios sketches that were significantly less funny than those of the new Studio C, but I enjoyed the JK Studios ones more.

Some other theories I have:

• The sketches themselves are the problem. They've become very niche in their joke style, and rely only on the main joke itself for humor. Back in the Golden Age of C (Colden Age?), the writers of the sketches would draw on literally anything relevant for an outside joke insert. Take the Automatic Bathroom Fail sketch for example: There's really only one joke throughout the whole thing: the bathroom itself. That's only three jokes for the entirety of the sketch. Then, take this famous one from the Colden Age: Death Bed Repentance. They don't just rely on the constant "secretely recording" joke the whole time (though I actually think it would've been funny if they had), but included Mallory's candy gravestone, Jason's "I ran a marathon," the taco vendor Hosea Del Gato (is that how it's spelled?), Matt's near-poetic lines.
  • I'll throw down a few more later, because I gtg (watching LoK with my siblings).

10 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The sketches themselves are the problem. They've become very niche in their joke style, and rely only on the main joke itself for humor. Back in the Golden Age of C (Colden Age?), the writers of the sketches would draw on literally anything relevant for an outside joke insert.

I’d agree with this.