Just now, Delightful said:

Hold up, you're under 16 and English isnt your first language? Im really impressed!

I’m 13. Thanks!

I’m in bilingual school:P

Edited by Emi

27 minutes ago, R J said:

I'll put it on the list (ahead of RWBY cuz it's shorter):ph34r: Ah, all the reccs I've been collecting should get me through the coming two months of boredom

Oooh RWBY is another favourite! RWBY is probably a little longer; the first 3 seasons have very short episodes though. And RWBY isnt finished.

On 6/9/2020 at 3:26 PM, revelryintheart said:

aroace (wow autocorrect really didn't want me to spell that huh)

How dare it, that word is one of the coolest words. 

On 6/10/2020 at 2:44 PM, Delightful said:

That is a queer mood. I went from homophobic/not knowing any better, to curious, to an ally, to holy crap could I be gay to holy crap what is my gender and now I'm a certified gay disaster! Fun times! :D

AJcjvhjd heck Certified Gay Disaster should be a club. Can we like, make a thread for queer stuff after Pride Month and call it Certified Queer Disasters or something? Because yes. All the mood. 

(Also sorry if I ever misgendered you in the past, I mistakenly thought you were female) 

On 6/11/2020 at 5:33 AM, R J said:

I'll put it on the list (ahead of RWBY cuz it's shorter):ph34r: 

Er, I have to warn you, RWBY is highly lauded in terms of queer rep but it’s actually...really not the greatest situation... (spoilers for all volumes, but only in terms of what rep there is and no names) 

Spoiler

Canonically we’ve got 

• A guy who was only confirmed gay in a side comic and isn’t still in the show 
  • A girl who was only confirmed gay in a side book and isn’t still in the show 
  • A girl who was confirmed gay in the show, but falls into a few dangerous tropes (she’s a villain who was written debatably well, debatably not, but either way her being a lesbian could have been handled waaaaayyy better) 
  • A married couple who was written quite well, but only stuck around for a few episodes before the show abandoned them, presumably forever 
  • A long-hinted, debatable-whether-the-writing-is-good-or-not (doing some good things, doing some bad ones) couple who seem very likely to happen, but their sexualities and/or relationship has so far only been coded, not confirmed onscreen - most people think it will happen and so do I, but up until it’s confirmed, we don’t know... 

And a bunch of cases of queer coding, sometimes very heavily, that was demolished and could be interpreted as queer baiting. 

RWBY has a lot of writing problems - a loooooot - and this is only one of them, but it’s one that most critical reviewers bring up. Anyway, it can still be a fun show to watch if you don’t try to review it; the animation got really good and the first few volumes have a much different genre/tone/are going for a much different product/are way less serious. So it’s still something to maybe watch. (Sorry, not trying to discourage anyone from watching it if they want to, I just have...many issues with this show.) 

I'm just wathing another Netflix serial 7+ with my sister and I need to say, that Netflix is really trying to put as lot queer characters for children as they can and show, that there is no problem in being gay.

Heyo! I’m ace and (romantically) kind of lesbian, kind of aro (I dunno it’s in between somewhere). For queer rep the Broken Earth trilogy by N. K. Jemisin is great- between the main characters there’s a gay man, a trans woman in a gay relationship, a bi/pan woman, and a polyamorous relationship (maybe more I’m not remembering). I loved how queerness was just treated as a normal, everyday thing in that world, often people didn’t react to it as anything out of the ordinary and to read that in a fantasy book was so lovely. Also the series is just fantastic.

Also, not fantasy but I just finished Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston, a gay romance story, the other day and it wrecked my life. The author is queer too (bi and nonbinary) so that’s always great!

Replying on mobile here hope it formats ok

On 6/15/2020 at 5:05 PM, AonEne said:

How dare it, that word is one of the coolest words. 

AJcjvhjd heck Certified Gay Disaster should be a club. Can we like, make a thread for queer stuff after Pride Month and call it Certified Queer Disasters or something? Because yes. All the mood. 

(Also sorry if I ever misgendered you in the past, I mistakenly thought you were female) 

Er, I have to warn you, RWBY is highly lauded in terms of queer rep but it’s actually...really not the greatest situation... (spoilers for all volumes, but only in terms of what rep there is and no names) 

Hide contents

Canonically we’ve got 

• A guy who was only confirmed gay in a side comic and isn’t still in the show 
  • A girl who was only confirmed gay in a side book and isn’t still in the show 
  • A girl who was confirmed gay in the show, but falls into a few dangerous tropes (she’s a villain who was written debatably well, debatably not, but either way her being a lesbian could have been handled waaaaayyy better) 
  • A married couple who was written quite well, but only stuck around for a few episodes before the show abandoned them, presumably forever 
  • A long-hinted, debatable-whether-the-writing-is-good-or-not (doing some good things, doing some bad ones) couple who seem very likely to happen, but their sexualities and/or relationship has so far only been coded, not confirmed onscreen - most people think it will happen and so do I, but up until it’s confirmed, we don’t know... 

And a bunch of cases of queer coding, sometimes very heavily, that was demolished and could be interpreted as queer baiting. 

RWBY has a lot of writing problems - a loooooot - and this is only one of them, but it’s one that most critical reviewers bring up. Anyway, it can still be a fun show to watch if you don’t try to review it; the animation got really good and the first few volumes have a much different genre/tone/are going for a much different product/are way less serious. So it’s still something to maybe watch. (Sorry, not trying to discourage anyone from watching it if they want to, I just have...many issues with this show.) 

1. Yes lets make a disaster gaythread

2. dw I also mistakenly thought I was a girl/woman :lol:

3. RWBY - the Deeply Contentious RelationshipTM has literally been canon for a whole season, people just dont want to call it that because they havent kissed on screen. And because theyre homophobic, mostly. Another super popular but straight RWBY couple got declared canon after holding hands. Another straight couple was canon after a dance. Contentious Couple have basically declared undying love and spent all their time together and people are just salty.

Spoiler

Which villain is gay? Ironwood??

I am super mad they killed Clover for Qrows dramatic development. Thats definitely burying their gays.

And who from the books, Coco? I couldn't get through the first few chapters unfortunately.

I wont deny RWBY has many issues, (season 5 is just plain bad with a handful of good moments (Yangs bandit fight yes please) there are plot holes and  confusing mythology, and after the main show runner died it took them a bit to get everything running smoothly again, but also the last two seasons have I think worked to solve a lot of those issues and have been really good.). Its also one of my absolute favourite shows. It deals with a lot of the what happens after the "big showdown", how do you deal with real loss and hopelessness, how do you pick yourself up when you cant see the sky, how do you know right and wrong when the world is a mess. A bit like mistborn but right after instead of a thousand years after. And oh my gooooood the soundtrack is absolutely stellar, theres an album for every season and the songs are everything. Character themes largely but also some rocking fight songs I could talk about this forever.

19 hours ago, Cynicalwindmill said:

Heyo! I’m ace and (romantically) kind of lesbian, kind of aro (I dunno it’s in between somewhere). For queer rep the Broken Earth trilogy by N. K. Jemisin is great- between the main characters there’s a gay man, a trans woman in a gay relationship, a bi/pan woman, and a polyamorous relationship (maybe more I’m not remembering). I loved how queerness was just treated as a normal, everyday thing in that world, often people didn’t react to it as anything out of the ordinary and to read that in a fantasy book was so lovely. Also the series is just fantastic.

Also, not fantasy but I just finished Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston, a gay romance story, the other day and it wrecked my life. The author is queer too (bi and nonbinary) so that’s always great!

Queerness is also *completely* normal in She-Ra, its so calming.

Ive heard a lot about red white and royal blue! Definitely on my to-read list!

3 hours ago, Delightful said:

Yes lets make a disaster gaythread

Yessss 

RWBY - the Deeply Contentious RelationshipTM has literally been canon for a whole season, people just dont want to call it that because they havent kissed on screen. And because theyre homophobic, mostly.

Another super popular but straight RWBY couple got declared canon after holding hands. Another straight couple was canon after a dance. Contentious Couple have basically declared undying love and spent all their time together and people are just salty. 

The thing is, has CRWBY flat-out told us they’ll be together? The VAs shipping it is one thing; the writers promising it’s canon is another entirely. I also agree that the romance is obvious between them (I read a cool dissertation once on how RWBY codes hand-holding as romantic and hugging as friendship, and how the bees had a romantic moment when they stood together but them hugging and pressing foreheads after The Death was intimate in a different way, showing how they were working through some deep issues right then [which they proceeded to never do again, argh, I have problems with this but that’s a tangent]), but the fact that they haven’t yet done something that can only be perceived as romantic keeps the homophobes alive. So long as there are still a large amount of people who can go “oh but all they did is hold hands, oh but one girl blushed, can’t AnYonE bLuSH anYMoRe” (you know the type), it needs more confirmation. We need them to do or say something undeniable. 

Oh, I 100% agree that it’s unfair and that fans will ship straight couples in an instant but gay couples need more. It’s stupid and biased, and unfortunately a thing. I personally wouldn’t have called either of those couples canon until their kisses (and I still have problems on those fronts, but I don’t want to be a fount of negativity lol, so I won’t bring them up unless you want me to). There are definitely people going “this ship sucks or isn’t happening for different reasons, nooooot my homophobia”, but there are also people for whom that’s actually true - not everyone is secretly a homophobe for disliking a gay ship. There are a lot who are but it’s not universal. 

Which villain is gay? 

Ilia. Antagonist would probably have been a better word to use. 

am super mad they (redacted) for Qrows dramatic development. Thats definitely burying their gays. 

I COMPLETELY AGREE. RIP Qrow’s characterization, murdered for drama woooooooo *cries* 

And who from the books, Coco? I couldn't get through the first few chapters unfortunately. 

Yeah, though I don’t actually remember whether or not they confirmed her outside of the book, so that one’s potentially iffy? I don’t blame you for not reading it all the way through, though, it wasn’t at all the worst thing I’ve ever read but it’s not anywhere close to Sanderson either. The prose was...well. Sorry, I’m trying to be nice and not just bash everything in sight, I promise :P 

I wont deny RWBY has many issues, there are plot holes and  confusing mythology, and after the main show runner died it took them a bit to get everything running smoothly again, but also the last two seasons have I think worked to solve a lot of those issues and have been really good. 

I think I’d have to strongly disagree with the last two seasons improving it - in my eyes they made it far, far worse, but they did fix some things! 

Its also one of my absolute favourite shows. It deals with a lot of the what happens after the "big showdown", how do you deal with real loss and hopelessness, how do you pick yourself up when you cant see the sky, how do you know right and wrong when the world is a mess. A bit like mistborn but right after instead of a thousand years after. 

It is a good concept. I just wish they did better with it. Some parts are great! They just don’t hold on to them for long. 

...the soundtrack is absolutely stellar, theres an album for every season and the songs are everything. Character themes largely but also some rocking fight songs I could talk about this forever. 

YES YES YES. I love almost every single song they create, they are lifeeee. Pure artwork from Jeff and Casey and their music people. Even the score is above average. 

5 hours ago, Delightful said:

1. Yes lets make a disaster gaythread

absolutely

5 hours ago, Delightful said:

Its also one of my absolute favourite shows. It deals with a lot of the what happens after the "big showdown", how do you deal with real loss and hopelessness, how do you pick yourself up when you cant see the sky, how do you know right and wrong when the world is a mess. A bit like mistborn but right after instead of a thousand years after.

I haven’t kept up with RWBY since season 4 but that makes me interested in picking it up again, I’m a sucker for stuff about what happens after the heroic story. Maybe I’ll find the time this summer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/06/2020 at 3:00 AM, Cynicalwindmill said:

absolutely

I haven’t kept up with RWBY since season 4 but that makes me interested in picking it up again, I’m a sucker for stuff about what happens after the heroic story. Maybe I’ll find the time this summer.

On 18/06/2020 at 3:08 AM, AonEne said:

I mean, technically the big showdown hasn’t happened yet :P they had one big showdown, but I’d assume the biggest would be Salem (or maybe the gods). 

season 3/4 spoilers 

Spoiler

The Fall of Beacon was definitely a Big Showdown, that especially the intro foreshadowed going wrong. Phyrra died, Oz died, Beacon fell, Salem won before anyone even knew she existed. They spent three seasons showing the girls training and getting stronger and fighting the bad guys and then everything fell apart and there are even bigger bad guys, Yang lost an arm, everyone was scattered, Blake was retraumatised, Ruby was hopelessly naive - and then they keep going. The bright optimism in tone is replaced with this struggling through helplessness, just pushing on day by day and hoping something better will come out of it eventually. 

Post season 7

Spoiler

There's even more that sense of 'oh rust we're so overpowered what do we do' - and to quote both Anna and Dalinar, the answer is the next right thing. Im super stoked to see where season 8 takes us, Im assuming Mantle if not Atlas as well will fall, maybe Mantle will fall, Ironwood will get the communication going and then people everywhere will panic knowing Mantle and Beacon have fallen.......tbh its hard to gauge how Haven fits into things because technically they won against Salem there but also season 5's plot and execution was a hot mess.

Edit because whoops I somehow missed this whole comment

On 18/06/2020 at 2:12 AM, AonEne said:

Yessss 

The thing is, has CRWBY flat-out told us they’ll be together? The VAs shipping it is one thing; the writers promising it’s canon is another entirely. I also agree that the romance is obvious between them (I read a cool dissertation once on how RWBY codes hand-holding as romantic and hugging as friendship, and how the bees had a romantic moment when they stood together but them hugging and pressing foreheads after The Death was intimate in a different way, showing how they were working through some deep issues right then [which they proceeded to never do again, argh, I have problems with this but that’s a tangent]), but the fact that they haven’t yet done something that can only be perceived as romantic keeps the homophobes alive. So long as there are still a large amount of people who can go “oh but all they did is hold hands, oh but one girl blushed, can’t AnYonE bLuSH anYMoRe” (you know the type), it needs more confirmation. We need them to do or say something undeniable. 

Oh, I 100% agree that it’s unfair and that fans will ship straight couples in an instant but gay couples need more. It’s stupid and biased, and unfortunately a thing. I personally wouldn’t have called either of those couples canon until their kisses (and I still have problems on those fronts, but I don’t want to be a fount of negativity lol, so I won’t bring them up unless you want me to). There are definitely people going “this ship sucks or isn’t happening for different reasons, nooooot my homophobia”, but there are also people for whom that’s actually true - not everyone is secretly a homophobe for disliking a gay ship. There are a lot who are but it’s not universal. 

Ilia. Antagonist would probably have been a better word to use. 

I COMPLETELY AGREE. RIP Qrow’s characterization, murdered for drama woooooooo *cries* 

Yeah, though I don’t actually remember whether or not they confirmed her outside of the book, so that one’s potentially iffy? I don’t blame you for not reading it all the way through, though, it wasn’t at all the worst thing I’ve ever read but it’s not anywhere close to Sanderson either. The prose was...well. Sorry, I’m trying to be nice and not just bash everything in sight, I promise :P 

I think I’d have to strongly disagree with the last two seasons improving it - in my eyes they made it far, far worse, but they did fix some things! 

It is a good concept. I just wish they did better with it. Some parts are great! They just don’t hold on to them for long. 

YES YES YES. I love almost every single song they create, they are lifeeee. Pure artwork from Jeff and Casey and their music people. Even the score is above average. 

Spoiler tags just in case?

Spoiler

Blake and Yang, after killing Adam, clung to each other and Blake promised never to break her promise to leave Yang. Thats literally an undying confession of love. There is no heterosexual explanation for that.

I also saw the analysis about the hand holding - the thing is, I was just watching a video essay on youtube talking about - is literally any ship on RWBY confirmed except for Jaunes sister who is married with a kid? I guess it comes to how do you confirm a relationship so like, we know Nora is super into Ren but we barely see him reciprocate. They kiss, sure, does that meant they're dating now? Were they dating before? Their behaviour towards each other doesn't change at all. I mean Blake and Yang shared a dance way back in season 2, what does that signify? Its pretty clear in my view that bumblebee went - undying confession of love - dating and spending all their time together (since before they were super awkward around each other in season 6 and before season 3 they hadn't really spoken about their feelings). 
Another thing the video brought up - I'll try find a link in a minute - is that we dont actually see characters relate to each other as friends all that often. Blake hasn't spoken to any of RWBY but Yang since like season 2, is probably the most glaring example. How does Nora relate to Weiss? How does Ren relate to Yang? Now for all I complain about it season 5 did have some good group bonding scenes which I very much appreciated. Its just generally unclear whats friendship and whats romantic, which also contributes to the status of relationships being up for debate. 

Yes please talk to me about how kisses make couples canon in your opinion! And yes not *everyone* is a secret homophobe, but when a majority of people are homophobic, you assume and have your defences up, you know? Not everyone but most.
\
Ok so After The Fall, I was like pushing through the first chapter, I just remember theres like a flashback moment to the fall of beacon and Ruby and Weiss are described as "a girl in a white dress and a girl in a black dress". Like. Wow. How about "A girl with a red hood and giant red scythe, and another girl who's usually pristine whites were covered in dirt and ash". Like, thats all you got for introducing these characters, the colour of their dresses and thats all? And I just couldn't keep going.

Ooh what do you think the last two seasons made worse, and what did they fix? Imho they fixed the issue of a gazillion loose subplots and no clear direction for the characters, which was really big for me. They spent *so long* just doing things because Ozpin said so! Even after the whole genie scene! WHY does the lamp have to go to atlas? They got so close to having that moment with the Apathy but then they blamed their attitude on the grimm and kept going. Season 7 forced them into some actual choices and to have actual opinions and start being active protagonists. And then 6 and 7 are just better because everyones together again, though it does mess up the remains of team JNPR, adding Oscar to that party is weird because hes way underexpereinced and underpowered compared to the others, Ren Nora and Jaune never seem bitter or anything that team RNJR just dissolved because the RWBY girls showed back up, and there are dear lord SO MANY of them now, the first scenes of them walking through Atlas were hilarious because theres like 20 of them! So we've traded a gazillion subplots for an even-more-bloated cast. What are your thoughts?

God I love the songs so much - how Miracle is an answer to The Triumph, how One Thing just adds tension of like, ok when exactly is Neo gonna betray Cinder, ah thats a whole other rant piece. :) Waiting impatiently for season 7's album to drop.

So, if I made a Disaster Gay thread in the groups and guilds section, would I be accidentally stepping into backstabbing cookies in dark allies or is that more in the RP sub forum?

Edit again, knew I was gonna forget to link this: 

Edited by Delightful

Why can’t gay pride month just be gay pride year, every year? Cuz’ I feel that all the good peeps are gay and they should be friggin celebrated year round. 

also is there a reason that all the LGBTQ+ peeps are always great people?

20 hours ago, Delightful said:

So, if I made a Disaster Gay thread in the groups and guilds section, would I be accidentally stepping into backstabbing cookies in dark allies or is that more in the RP sub forum?

I actually think that would be a good idea, honestly! Having a topic for queer folks and allies of all persuasions to talk, hang out, discuss that media and support one another might help to generate a bit more traffic and attention, and make it easier to keep all this stuff in one place rather than it being in a number of different threads across the whole forum.

Also, I still haven't seen past season five of RWBY, so I can't contribute meaningfully to that discussion. I do think Bumblebee has more textual evidence for it than White Rose does as a ship... but I'm also not entirely sold on the affections going both ways. I can believe that Yang has something for Blake, I'm just less convinced that Blake's feelings for Yang are romantic. But then, I need to get caught up on the seasons where the two of them are actually in the same room for extended periods of time again.

On 7/12/2020 at 0:19 PM, Delightful said:
Spoiler

The Fall of Beacon was definitely a Big Showdown, that especially the intro foreshadowed going wrong.

Spoiler

Agreed that it's a big showdown, just not THE Big Showdown, which for me would be the finale. Iirc my last post, I was just being pedantic on that one :ph34r:

Spoiler

Blake and Yang, after killing Adam, clung to each other and Blake promised never to break her promise to leave Yang. Thats literally an undying confession of love. There is no heterosexual explanation for that.

Spoiler

Except that...there is? It can just mean promising not to leave Yang as a teammate and friend. I'm certainly on the side of that moment being huge for them as partners, whether romantic or otherwise, and I do want them to be a couple, I'm just not sure about how it's being portrayed so far.

Spoiler

I also saw the analysis about the hand holding - the thing is, I was just watching a video essay on youtube talking about - is literally any ship on RWBY confirmed except for Jaunes sister who is married with a kid? I guess it comes to how do you confirm a relationship so like, we know Nora is super into Ren but we barely see him reciprocate.

Spoiler

That's a good point! I could go on a Renora rant too, but at this point I don't want you to hate me, so only if you're okay with hearing my tiredness :P I don't think RT does romance very well (in RWBY, I haven't seen their other stuff), so I honestly don't know what I'd call canon and what I wouldn't.

Spoiler

Another thing the video brought up - I'll try find a link in a minute - is that we dont actually see characters relate to each other as friends all that often. Its just generally unclear whats friendship and whats romantic, which also contributes to the status of relationships being up for debate. 

Spoiler

I will need to watch this video! 100% agree with all of that.

Spoiler

Yes please talk to me about how kisses make couples canon in your opinion!

And yes not *everyone* is a secret homophobe, but when a majority of people are homophobic, you assume and have your defences up, you know? Not everyone but most.

Spoiler

Oh no, I'm sorry for the miscommunication. I do not think kisses are required for any couple to be canon; I just think they're one of the ways that can show couples being canon. A confirmation by the writers also works, or an "I love you" or something like that, something that can't be taken as anything but romance. It definitely doesn't have to be physical. (I'll fight anyone who says it does.) I deserved that sarcasm, I need to be more clear in the future - shipping (understandably) gets people riled easily, I know that.

That's fair. I realized I wasn't straight pretty recently, so I probably look at things differently - the phobias haven't worn me out as much yet. I'm sorry if I offended you.

Spoiler

Ok so After The Fall, I was like pushing through the first chapter, I just remember theres like a flashback moment to the fall of beacon and Ruby and Weiss are described as "a girl in a white dress and a girl in a black dress". Like. Wow. How about "A girl with a red hood and giant red scythe, and another girl who's usually pristine whites were covered in dirt and ash". Like, thats all you got for introducing these characters, the colour of their dresses and thats all? And I just couldn't keep going.

Spoiler

Ooof yep. Pretty much.

Spoiler

Ooh what do you think the last two seasons made worse, and what did they fix?

Spoiler

We should probably continue this in the RT PM or in another thread or something, it's getting more into RWBY territory and less queer rep or Pride Month. Are you okay with that?

I love the songs so much - how Miracle is an answer to The Triumph, how One Thing just adds tension of like, ok when exactly is Neo gonna betray Cinder, ah thats a whole other rant piece. :) Waiting impatiently for season 7's album to drop.

+1 :wub:

That's all in the Alleyverse subforum now so as not to overwhelm the rest of the Shard. You're good to go :P (hype for this thread!)

On 16/07/2020 at 0:12 PM, AonEne said:
  Hide contents

Agreed that it's a big showdown, just not THE Big Showdown, which for me would be the finale. Iirc my last post, I was just being pedantic on that one :ph34r:

Hide contents

Except that...there is? It can just mean promising not to leave Yang as a teammate and friend. I'm certainly on the side of that moment being huge for them as partners, whether romantic or otherwise, and I do want them to be a couple, I'm just not sure about how it's being portrayed so far.

Reveal hidden contents

That's a good point! I could go on a Renora rant too, but at this point I don't want you to hate me, so only if you're okay with hearing my tiredness :P I don't think RT does romance very well (in RWBY, I haven't seen their other stuff), so I honestly don't know what I'd call canon and what I wouldn't.

Reveal hidden contents

I will need to watch this video! 100% agree with all of that.

Hide contents

Oh no, I'm sorry for the miscommunication. I do not think kisses are required for any couple to be canon; I just think they're one of the ways that can show couples being canon. A confirmation by the writers also works, or an "I love you" or something like that, something that can't be taken as anything but romance. It definitely doesn't have to be physical. (I'll fight anyone who says it does.) I deserved that sarcasm, I need to be more clear in the future - shipping (understandably) gets people riled easily, I know that.

That's fair. I realized I wasn't straight pretty recently, so I probably look at things differently - the phobias haven't worn me out as much yet. I'm sorry if I offended you.

Hide contents

Ooof yep. Pretty much.

Hide contents

We should probably continue this in the RT PM or in another thread or something, it's getting more into RWBY territory and less queer rep or Pride Month. Are you okay with that?

+1 :wub:

That's all in the Alleyverse subforum now so as not to overwhelm the rest of the Shard. You're good to go :P (hype for this thread!)

Would you mind in future leaving spaces between responses, cause its hard to see what goes with what when its all in spoiler tags?

Spoiler

True, but while we're being pedantic, unless the story is a tragedy, you can't show the aftermath of a big showdown without having another showdown later. Or, well, it could be non-tragic and not have another showdown, but it would also not be a very satisfying story in general. Anyway :)

eeeeeh, I mean, people look at pics of two women in wedding dresses and say "theyre beautiful where are their husbands". Blake and Yang could literally say to each other "I love you in a romantic and sexual way" and people would still not say theyre canon. Like did you see the whole thing with Velma this week, the writer said that they had in mind she was lesbian and thats why they wrote her relationship with Shaggy so awkward, literally "I the creator say Velma is lesbian", and there were people talking about how 'some people have misconstrued things and said they think Velma might be lesbian but clearly not blah blah".......my point is that nothing is good enough for homophobes who dont want a ship to be canon because they dont approve of it.
And like, their whole arc of being separated and coming back together and re-doing the fight with Adam, the whole build up that season that led to "we're protecting each other", they're highly emotional and sobbing into each others arms - its possible to write a deep platonic relationship, but this isnt that. Um, I think I'll get off my soapbox now. And no offence taken, dw.

Yeah we should move this convo elsewhere. The RWBY message is usually super quiet though?