Magnus Chase book 2 was really well done, as I remember it. A character's deafness was portrayed in a really heartwarming way. Books 1 & 2 were rush jobs, and it was hard to believe that they were written by the author of Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus & the Kane Chronicles (of which I still want mooooorreeeee)

Heh, never mind, I haven't outgrown Riordan. I'll reread those books the moment I get back from college.

13 hours ago, Delightful said:

So I know its not books but while we're talking about queer representation in media: SHE RA. 

Someone else knows about She-Ra! THIS IS THE BEST SERIAL EVER!!!^_^

Edited by Emi

56 minutes ago, R J said:

Magnus Chase book 2 was really well done, as I remember it. A character's deafness was portrayed in a really heartwarming way. Books 1 & 2 were rush jobs, and it was hard to believe that they were written by the author of Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus & the Kane Chronicles (of which I still want mooooorreeeee)

There are also Trials of Apollo, did you read them? They are really good. 
Sorry for double-posting :ph34r:

Since we’re talking about rep, shoutout to the Villains series by V. E. Schwab for being the first fantasy book I ever read with a human ace character. Even though it’s not a focal point of the book, rereading those few lines where the main character’s asexuality is confirmed makes me so happy. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

37 minutes ago, Delightful said:

DO PEOPLE ON HERE NOT KNOW ABOUT SHERA IM GONNA GO MAKE A TOPIC BRB

Well, I didn’t ask anyone, but no one ever mentioned this serial.

What means BRB?:blink:

1 hour ago, Emi said:

Someone else knows about She-Ra! THIS IS THE BEST SERIAL EVER!!!^_^

Heh, I read webserials so I'll argue that. Well I'll put that on the list then.

1 hour ago, Emi said:

There are also Trials of Apollo, did you read them? They are really good. 
Sorry for double-posting :ph34r:

I tried reading the first book... but couldn't really get into it.

1 minute ago, R J said:

I tried reading the first book... but couldn't really get into it.

Well, in trials of Apollo Riordan did something he never did before, but I won’t tell it because it’s huuuuuuge spoiler:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, R J said:

Heh, I read webserials so I'll argue that. Well I'll put that on the list then.

You definitely need to do it:P

17 minutes ago, Emi said:

Not my first language, don’t worry:P

No need for an age crisis then :lol:. Its one of a bunch of acronyms that got popular in text chats in the early 2000's.

theres also

gtg - got to go
lol - laugh out loud (this one obviously stuck around)
lmao - laughing my This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules off
rofl - rolling on floor laughing
cbb - couldn't be bothered

etc etc

2 minutes ago, Delightful said:

So to be clear, its a Netflix animated show.

Oh! Are all seasons wrapped up? How many seasons are there? Was it abruptly cancelled? Does the finalé hold up?

Have you watched Love, Death & Robots? 

3 minutes ago, Delightful said:

lmao - laughing my This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules off

lmao!

Edited by R J

Just now, R J said:

Oh! Are all seasons wrapped up? How many seasons are there? Was it abruptly cancelled? Does the finalé hold up? 

lmao!

Oh, that still happens then :lol:

5 seasons of about 11 episodes each, except I think one season was weirdly short? 3 maybe?
Its exactly as long as the creators wanted it to be, the finale is perfection, it did things with the characters that beginning of the season I dead set thought wouldn't work and somehow it all came together beautifully.

3 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Oh, that still happens then :lol:

5 seasons of about 11 episodes each, except I think one season was weirdly short? 3 maybe?
Its exactly as long as the creators wanted it to be, the finale is perfection, it did things with the characters that beginning of the season I dead set thought wouldn't work and somehow it all came together beautifully.

Here you have how many each season has episodes 

1-13

2-7

3-6

4-13

5-13

Edited by Emi

Just now, Delightful said:

I started Love Death and Robots. Some of them were great, some of them put me me off by casual background suicide and death. Its a little dark for my tastes. From what I've seen, my favourites are the monster fight ring, and the three robots. 

I maybe would but it’s 18+ soooo, no:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Delightful said:

That makes sense. Its basically an animated short story collection, I dont think every single one would need to be rated 18+. I mean, a lot of them yes but not all.

Anyway, I can only watch some 16+ serials not every so, I will rather wait till I’ll be older:P

Edited by Emi