Cassandra Adama's Metallurgic Emporium

Ashbringer

For all your Allomantic, Feruchemical, and Metallurgic needs

Open Hours 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday through Saturday

*New location of Poller's Sweets and Treats*

:-:-:-:-:-:

IC: Welcome to Cassandra Adama's Metallurgic Emporium! This thread is mainly for any Mistings or Ferrings* out there who'd like to rp stocking up on metals, or anyone who'd like to have something specifically Soulcast into metal. Cassie herself will be in and out, but Poller, her NPC assistant, can help with any sales that don't require a Soulcasting - and offers quite a selection of candies as well. Seriously, try his Braize Bars. They're delicious.

OOC: I'm not expecting this to be a super-active thread, but if you want your character to stock up on metals, feel free to come in and buy something. Cassie can also create some very interesting things with her Soulcasting, which I hope to showcase soon. Or if you want to come talk to Cassie, she'll be here unless she's active in another thread. Also, if you're looking for device of some kind, visit Lord-Silberfarben's shop thread. Cassie would be happy to point you in the right direction. But don't try to steal anything. Cassie doesn't appreciate theives.

*As a policy, Cassie will not create Hemalurgic spikes, as she does not condone the violence required to empower them. However, if an aspiring "Ferring" requires a metalmind of... peculiar size, shape, and composition, and is willing to pay a larger fee... Cassie isn't one to judge one's desires. :ph34r:

Cassie wheeled her cart of supplies back to her shop, a small, two-story spot within one of Alleycity's larger shopping complexes. Cassie had had a long day, out selling various metals, shopping, and Soulcasting. She deserved a bit of a break. She dragged her cart up the two steps and into the building.

Inside was the wonder that she had built. A sizeable lobby, with various metal implements and empty metalminds on rotating displays accross the room. Steel bracers. Aluminum swords. Even a small display of the finest electrum jewelry. On the right-hand side stood a workbench with her metallurgists' equipment: a small anvil, several tools, a large set of heavy casts, large ingots of steel, even a smelting oven. On the left-hand side sat her and Poller's little experiment: a candy corner. It had evidently already got some visitors tonight.

In the back, there was the main desk, and the main attraction: ten massive mixing tanks embedded in the wall, each containing a well-suspended solution of Allomantic metal flakes. Iron, Steel, Tin, Pewter, Copper, Bronze, Zinc, Brass, Aluminum, Duralumin. The remaining six were in smaller containers within the desk itself: Gold, Electrum, Cadmium, Bendalloy, Chromium, and Nicrosil were too valuable to keep in large quantities.

At the desk, slouching in a chair, sat Poller, her new assistant. He snapped to attention as the bell in the door way rung. "Welcome to Cassandra Adama's Metallurgic Emporium! We can supply any metals, be it decorative or industrial, Allomantic or Feruchemical, Soulcast or natural! What can I do for you?" he recited. Then he looked up.

"Oh. Hello, Ms. Adama. I thought you were another customer," Poller said abashedly, sinking back into his chair.

"It's quite all right, Poller. And call me Cassie; everyone does," she replied, giggling slightly. Poller may not be a master businessman yet, but he certainly had the heart for it. Something about him just broke down any cold exterior she tried to show - he was just so kind and sweet, like the candy he sold.

"Now, let's get this shop a little cleaner. I have a feeling we're going to have a lot more customers tonight."

Store Catalogue:

Spoiler

Allomantic Metal Powders:

• Iron, Steel, Tin, Pewter, Copper, Bronze, Zinc, Brass:        3 Chrysts/Vial,   30 Chrysts/Jar
  • Aluminum, Duralumin, Chromium, Nicrosil:                        5 Chrysts/Vial,   50 Chrysts/Jar
  • Gold, Electrum, Cadmium, Bendalloy:                              10 Chrysts/Vial, 100 Chrysts/Jar

Feruchemical Metalminds:

• Iron, Steel, Tin, Pewter, Copper, Bronze, Zinc, Brass:        3 Chrysts/Ring,   15 Chrysts/Bracelet,    45 Chrysts/Bracer 
  • Aluminum, Duralumin, Chromium, Nicrosil:                        5 Chrysts/Ring,   25 Chrysts/Bracelet,    75 Chrysts/Bracer
  • Gold, Electrum, Cadmium, Bendalloy:                              10 Chrysts/Ring,   50 Chrysts/Bracelet,  150 Chrysts/Bracer

Note: Metalminds do not come Invested, but are pieces of metal designed to be used for Feruchemy. If you desire a metalmind of specific shape or to be personally fitted to your size, we will do our best to accommodate you. Prices may vary accordingly. We accept returns of ill-fitting metal minds so long as they are in good condition and do not contain any Investiture.

Soulcastings/Bulk Metal Sales:

• Iron, Steel, Tin, Pewter, Copper, Bronze, Zinc, Brass:        3 Chrysts/Kilogram Bulk,    6 Chrysts/Kilogram Soulcast
  • Aluminum, Duralumin, Chromium, Nicrosil:                        5 Chrysts/Kilogram Bulk,   10 Chrysts/Kilogram Soulcast
  • Gold, Electrum, Cadmium, Bendalloy:                              10 Chrysts/Kilogram Bulk,   20 Chrysts/Kilogram Soulcast
  • Silver, Lead, Bismuth, Nickel:                                              7 Chrysts/Kilogram Bulk,   14 Chrysts/Kilogram Soulcast
  • Gallium, Mercury, Titanium, Platinum:                               15 Chrysts/Kilogram Bulk,   30 Chrysts/Kilogram Soulcast

Note: Bulk metal sales are for ingots of metal (or ingot equivalent for mercury). Soulcastings are for Soulcasting a provided object into the requested metal. Specific Alloy (ie industrial steel vs Allomantic steel) must be requested at time of purchase. Costs may vary based on supply, demand, and frequency of requests by customers for Soulcasting.

Common Other Items:

• Steel Weapons:                                                                 10 Chrysts/Dagger,  20 Chrysts/Sword,   30 Chrysts/Broadsword
  • Aluminum Weapons:                                                         15 Chrysts/Dagger,  30 Chrysts/Sword,   45 Chrysts/Broadsword
  • Steel Armor:                                                                    100 Chrysts/Set
  • Aluminum Armor:                                                            150 Chrysts/Set

Other sales are negotiable, varying in price based on material and design. 

Edited by Ashbringer
Added weapons/armor to the catalogue

@Ashbringer

Uh, sorry I took so long.

So this was it, the famous metallurgy shop.

It would indeed burn easily, this was true for most buildings, but for this on particularity so, at least if the anvil was used in the main lobby; imagine the furniture catching fire.

"Hello there," he said nervously to the eager assistant seated in the corner, behind a bowl of colorful candy,"i am here to see Cassandra, about those commissions from the shop down the alley."

He adjusted his optic helmet two millimeters to the left and smiled disarmingly.

:rolleyes:

Sorry. Was really busy yesterday between Sanderson Elimination and IRL work.

Poller stared at the man. He had some form of lens... helmet... thing on his head. It looked like he was constantly trying to adjust his sight, like the machine one of his doctors had used to see if he needed glasses. Still, he wasn't the strangest customer Cassie had had.

"Uhhh... I think she's upstairs. I'll call her."

Cassie rushed down the stairs when she heard the bell ring outside her little room. That meant a customer, one that requested something special that Poller couldn't handle on his own. 

"Oh! Hello Lord! Are you here to install the smoke fabrial? Or do you need something Soulcast?"

On 6/7/2020 at 2:26 AM, Ashbringer said:

"Oh! Hello Lord! Are you here to install the smoke fabrial? Or do you need something Soulcast?"

"Both!" he said happily, "I can install the smoke fabrial immediately if you wish, but the soulcasting will have to happen in my shop."

He looked exited as he set down his equipment on the floor.

"I also have news on that other farbial you asked about!"

“Great!” Cassie replied. “You can put the smoke detector near my smithy, please. Which fabrial have you made progress on?”

“And Poller,” she called out, “please watch the shop while I’m away. I have to do a Soulcasting for Lord here.”

Poller sat up, gripping his bronze armrest. “You can count on me, Miss!”

On 6/9/2020 at 2:56 AM, Ashbringer said:

“Great!” Cassie replied. “You can put the smoke detector near my smithy, please. Which fabrial have you made progress on?”

"Yes, let me get set up, i will tell you about the fabrial while i work."

He promptly begins to install the smoke fabrial, while explaining all about the stormlight shifting fabrial, which he found out already existed, although they are quite rare and hard to get, he was able to acquire one.

"So, do you want to come to my shop?" he asks once he is finished.

you also wanted something to steelpush/steelpull, right?

Yep, a steelpush / dimagnet fabrial that will repel metal.

Silber, just assume we pick up with your post in your shop's thread

“I’d be glad to,” Cassie replied. Lord certainly had installed that fabrial quickly, although she supposed it couldn’t be incredibly difficult to secure it.

A Stormlight-moving fabrial... that would make cracked amethysts much less of a worry if she could siphon the Stormlight within the pieces. Plus, it would let her use infused spheres that people paid her with to move the light to her amethysts or a less leaky gemstone. I wonder if there’s anywhere I can buy a perfect gemstone bank...

”Poller, look after the shop for me, will you?” she called again as the two left for Lord-son-son-Silberfarben’s shop.

Edited by Ashbringer
thread transition

• 2 weeks later...

NullBlade entered the shop, back in his usual clothes and aluminium chainmail, he spend a bit of time examining the various good the the shop offered, he found odd that lead had the same price as silver but he didn't know much about the price of metals out of aluminum anyway. The aluminium armour interested him but his savantism already cost him an important amount of money each month so he might not have the founds to do it, and this shop didn't directly offer what he was searchinh for so he didn't know how much it would be. Although he already had the mails, maybe they would make a discount if he only brought the plates?

He walked toward the shopkeeper. "Hello mister, I assume you are not Cassandra Adama?"

You never knew, there was places where Morgana was an appropriate male name, so why not Cassandra?

Poller jerked awake - he hadn't realized he'd drifted off. Sitting and watching a door for hours on end bored him, and that made his... problem worse.

"Welcome to Cassandra Adama's Metallurgic Emporium! We can supply any metals, be it decorative or industrial, Allomantic or Feruchemical, Soulcast or natural! What can I do for you?" he recited from memory, then shook himself.

"Well, mostly. My name is Poller. I'm Ms. Adama's assistant; she's not in right now, so we can't do any Soulcasting, but I can take requests for comissions or sell pre-made items!"

Mostly?

Probably some kind of verbal tic. If Ms Adama was not here he would probably not get what he wanted tonight. Meh, at worst Poller could transmit this to her, it's not like NullBlade was in a hurry.

"I'm looking for some compounder bracelets, ones in Aluminium to be exact."

"We should have that, although they'll be intended for Feruchemy instead of Compounding. You may want something bigger," Poller said, hopping off of his chair.

He grabbed his bronze staff - Cassie had made it for him, and it did fit him fairly well. A large chunk of bronze for metalmind standards, but Poller needed his abilities more than the average Sentry.

He ran over to the aluminum section. "It should be... right... about... here... no, right here," he said, pulling out an aluminum bracelet. "15 chrysts apiece. If you want something bigger, we also have bracers somewhere in here, or Ms. Adama can Soulcast some to your liking. When she gets back."

"This is not what I need" NullBlade said as he rolled up his left sleeves, revealing an aluminium bracelet a bit above his wrist with two nail-like aluminium spikes planted in it.

"I actually need the aluminium to get inside of me, I hoped you would have a better way to do it than this but if you don't I guess I'll just wait for Ms Adama to come back and have her soulcast some replacement nails."

He pulled down his sleeves as a tall person entered the shop, asking for bullets and weapons

"Hello, er... Mister? Madam?"

@Ashbringer@Gears

1 minute ago, Gears said:

"Hello there," the Anarchist said brightly. "How are you on this dreary day?"

Surprised by this answer, mostly.

"I'm fine, I had to flee a small angry mob roused by some kind of mind control epic  but other than that it's been a pretty good day. You?"

Just now, mathiau said:

Surprised by this answer, mostly.

"I'm fine, I had to flee a small angry mob roused by some kind of mind control epic  but other than that it's been a pretty good day. You?"

"Some idiot tried to stab me and broke my dagger somehow," the Anarchist replied. "I shot them though, but I ran out of bullets. I might also need more explosives."

Poller looked between the newcomer and the... old-comer. The first customer had a bracelet that went through his wrist that he wanted replicated. The second wanted bullets and weapons.

He hesitated. "Umm... well, we don't carry bracelets like this. Ms. Adama can definitely replicate it, but the only other suggestion I can have is to weld some aluminum bullets to the bracelet so it can... uh... do that."

He turned to the new customer. "We don't carry explosives, but aluminum and lead bullets should be easy. Although, what's a kris? Aside from being a dagger. Are there any special things I should look for, uh..."

He realized that he had no idea who anyone here was. "Uh... do I have names for your orders? I'll need one for you if you need a Soulcasting order."

Oh Cassie, where are you?

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Poller looked between the newcomer and the... old-comer. The first customer had a bracelet that went through his wrist that he wanted replicated. The second wanted bullets and weapons.

He hesitated. "Umm... well, we don't carry bracelets like this. Ms. Adama can definitely replicate it, but the only other suggestion I can have is to weld some aluminum bullets to the bracelet so it can... uh... do that."

He turned to the new customer. "We don't carry explosives, but aluminum and lead bullets should be easy. Although, what's a kris? Aside from being a dagger. Are there any special things I should look for, uh..."

He realized that he had no idea who anyone here was. "Uh... do I have names for your orders? I'll need one for you if you need a Soulcasting order."

Oh Cassie, where are you?

"I'm the Anarchist," the Anarchist said. "A kris is a jagged dagger with a wavy blade. No special items."

Edited by Gears
The image isn't working.

It seems I was not clear as to how NullBlade's bracelets looks like, the spikes are not welded into it, they can actually be removed and put back easily. The point of the bracelets is to keep the spikes in place and limit the bleeding when one spike has to be changed -which is to say very often since he's always burning aluminium. (if NullBlade actually was a compounder it would also be used to stored the identity created by compounding). Also, this is a kriss.

The shopkeeper seemed overwhelmed by the situation, which made sense: not everyone would flinch if someone in aluminium chainmail with two sword and someone looking for explosives casually talked about mind control epic and people trying to stab them.

"I'm called NullBlade. If you really need my real name I can give it, but I'd rather not."

Keeping his name secret was not as important in the Alleyverse as it had been on Earth since people were be less prone to go attack the family as a retribution when it was on the wrong world, but he still preferrerd it.

Um... does NullBlade burn the spikes? I'm having trouble seeing what I'm trying to sell. Cassie will probably have to Soulcast it.

Poller looked between the two. NullBlade and the Anarchist. An interesting combination.

"Ah... yeah. Pseudonyms are fine, so long as they're common enough to find you again," he said, ducking over to one of the ammunition shelves. "... Anarchist, is it? How many bullets do you need? We can sell both aluminum and lead, or another metal  if you'd like. 1 chrysts per 10 bullets, 2 chrysts per 10 aluminum bullets. I'll see if I can find a curvy knife as well."

"As for your order, NullBlade, that will probably need to wait for Ms. Adama to come back with her Soulcaster. I'm not very good with metalurgy yet, and while I could probably jury-rig something it wouldn't be really sellable."

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Poller looked between the two. NullBlade and the Anarchist. An interesting combination.

"Ah... yeah. Pseudonyms are fine, so long as they're common enough to find you again," he said, ducking over to one of the ammunition shelves. "... Anarchist, is it? How many bullets do you need? We can sell both aluminum and lead, or another metal  if you'd like. 1 chrysts per 10 bullets, 2 chrysts per 10 aluminum bullets. I'll see if I can find a curvy knife as well."

"As for your order, NullBlade, that will probably need to wait for Ms. Adama to come back with her Soulcaster. I'm not very good with metalurgy yet, and while I could probably jury-rig something it wouldn't be really sellable."

"60 standard bullets, 20 aluminium bullets," the Anarchist said. "And if you don't have a kris, you don't have to look for it. I can get another one easily enough."

2 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Um... does NullBlade burn the spikes? I'm having trouble seeing what I'm trying to sell. Cassie will probably have to Soulcast it.

In the Final Empire the Lord Ruler had an atium torque that went into his flesh to allow him to compound atium all the time, NullBlade is doing the same with his bracers except he's just burning aluminium. NullBlade is trying to buy recharges for the parts that go into his flesh since burning them destroy them.

Also yes, you can burn metals that are not in your stomach, they just need to be deep enough in your body

"Do you think Ms. Adama will come back todnight, or should I come back tomorrow?"

Edited by mathiau

Got it. Also, IDK how time travels in here, as Silber's shop thread is really slow because of (I assume) timezone differences.

"I'm not really sure where Ms. Adama is. She went out with a man for a Soulcasting appointment, which could take either a few minutes or several days," Poller replied, still rummaging around in a cabinet of assorted weapons.

"I think you should come back tomorrow, she'll be more likely to - aha!" he said, pulling out a wavy knife. "Is this what you're looking for?" he said, turning toward the Anarchist. He set it on the table. "You can look it over while I get the rest of those-"

The world went black.

Poller gripped his staff tight as his vision returned, tapping all the bronze he could. Another fit. He couldn't tell if they were decreasing in severity or increasing in number, but they were still quite a disruption. He shook himself.

"While I get the rest of those bullets for you," he repeated, walking carefully toward the ammunition again.

On 28/06/2020 at 0:56 AM, Ashbringer said:

The world went black.

Poller gripped his staff tight as his vision returned, tapping all the bronze he could. Another fit. He couldn't tell if they were decreasing in severity or increasing in number, but they were still quite a disruption. He shook himself.

"While I get the rest of those bullets for you," he repeated, walking carefully toward the ammunition again.

"Are you alright?"

From what I understand, how much time flow pass in a thread seems to be "as much as people in the thread want", for example the into the dark thread from last era has gone one for months but in universe it only took two days

On 5/30/2020 at 6:01 PM, Ashbringer said:

For all your Allomantic, Feruchemical, and Metallurgic needs

Gethen stood before the shop. This place should probably be good enough. It has taken him a couple of days to find one with a suitable reputation. Walking in, he saw two... Interesting looking people talking to someone clutching a staff. He appeared to be helping them find what they needed, although he didn't look like he was Cassandra.

I can wait, he thou thought, checking his chromium watch that also doubled as a metalmind.