Shallan Davar Hello in Shadsmar I said to a criptic seen any water (even thouth they were on a ship)

I seek the truth. Wherever it may be, whoever may hold it. That's who I am. 

— Shallan to Iyatil 

Shallan Davar, also known as Veil or Radiant, is a light-eyed Lightweaver of the Kights Radiant from Jah Keved. Shallan is an emerging scholar whose greatest achievement is the discovery of the legendary city Urithriu. She is also renowned for her extraordinary talent of accurately reproducing even fleeting scenes with photographic accuracy.

Hailing from a mid-level noble house in Jah Keved, Shallan lived a sheltered life on her father's estate until the age of seventeen, when she left to seek an apprenticeship under Princess Jasnah Kholin as a scholar. While acting as an apprentice to Jasnah Kholin, she became the causal betrothed of Jasnah's cousin, Prince Adolin Kholin, who she later married following the Battle of Thaylen Feild. She also learns of and shares in Jasnah's quest to stop the mysterious and calamitous Voidbringers. 

Ever since childhood, Shallan has shared a bond with the Cryptic Pattern, allowing her to manifest Pattern as a Shardblade. Years later, this bond also allowed her to access her powers as a Surgebinder. Eventually, during the Battle of Narak, her bond with Pattern allowed her to become the first Lightweaver to be revealed as a Knight Radiant since the Recreance.