Darson watched as the group of gathered metalborn began to disperse from the main room, clumps forming together as accusations already began to fly. While this might be a crude method, he thought to himself, I am certain they will be able to find the traitors amongst themselves in no time.

~

Variel struggled to control his breathing. And to not glance toward his fellow loyalists in the room. Their cover had been blown, and they were now all stuck in here until they were either all dead or could find a way to kill everyone else. He glanced towards one of the windows that was in the process of being boarded up by one of Darson's men. He felt at his side for the vial of steel flakes he kept with him at all times.

He began to make a plan. The loyalist's plan was over. He was not about to die now. He would drink part of the vial when no one was looking, then shoot the coins in his pockets at the man barricading the window and launch himself of the metal wall behind him through the glass. The glass would tear through him a bit, but he could survive that if he needed to.

Calming his nerves, he looked around to make sure no one was watching him and quickly downed the vial of steel flakes. Taking one last, deep breath, he began to burn the metal, and quickly launched the coins at the man. He began to push off the wall and was almost to the window when another coin flew through the air and shot through his head.

~

Darson laughed, clapping his hands. The group looked towards him again. "Looks like he couldn't stand the thought of getting caught." He paused for a moment to feel the tension in the air. "I hope the rest of you traitors are just as unlucky as him."

LG66: A Struggle for Power has begun! GM PMs will be sent out shortly. Remember that all PMs must include myself, @Young Bard, and @Fifth Scholar. There will be a lynch. There is no vote minimum for the lynch and tied lynches result in a random player being lynched.

This turn will end on Friday, June 5th at 10 pm CDT.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Karnage - Lance Neverwatch
  2. @Lord_Silberfarben - Lord Silberfarben @Elandera
  3. @Elkanah 
  4. @The Young Pyromancer - Pyria Young
  5. @Shard of Reading
  6. @Experience - Shard
  7. @Lahilt - Lahlit
  8. @Ventyl - Lafay Etteax
  9. @Coda
  10. @Matrim's_Dice - Lord Cauthon
  11. @TJ Shade - TJ Shade
  12. @Emi - Lorinne
  13. @xinoehp512
  14. @ILuvHats - Villin
  15. @Mist - Lumen
  16. @DrakeMarshall - Lorena Blackburn
  17. @Araris Valerian - Araris Valerian
  18. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Adomert
  19. @Kynedath
  20. @Walin - Lerin
  21. @Ashbringer - Faleast
  22. @The_God_King
  23. @Magestar - Reginald Kettis

Edited by StrikerEZ

Guest Coda

I stayed up late for this. Very exciting. Hi, Pyro, how are you doing on this fine day/night/time is meaningless in the void?

16 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Also, here are the rules in case anyone wants them without having to go back to the signup thread. :)

Oh, ya. Those exist. ^_^

Should probably go and read that. 

I'll try and respond before I go to sleep. 

Actually, Maybe I won't. I should probably sleep. 

I have hereby decided that I don't think I will be using this format, @Lord_Silberfarben

Lafay looked at the dead man’s body and prayed to the Harmony, and any other Shard listening, that he never ends up like him. Lafay considered death very... messy and did not it condone it in most circumstances. He also thought his death would be even more messy but he figured he wouldn’t get to be properly disgusted if he was dead. He laughed to himself at that and continued on his walk. This training facility was inadequate to Etteax, considering he’s Harmonies chosen one, but he would suffer it to until everything was cleared up and he could go back to drinking some fine Elendel whiskey. Oh how he dreamed to sit down with a fine glass of whiskey and get drunk out his mind. Maybe, he thought, if I help clear this whole mess up, I’ll be able to back to my mansion and go back to living the good life. The thought was refreshing in Lafay’s mind and relieved some of his stress. He decided he’d ask around and find out if anyone had seen anything before that man died, like who he was talking to and what he did leading up to his death. That information could be helpful in the coming days. While he was at it he could decide if anyone was being suspicious or not, if it would get him closer to drinking whiskey, he would do whatever it takes to clear this situation up and go home. Even though he thought death was messy, Lafay Etteax will do anything for a bottle of whiskey. And yes he knows that rhymes.

Guest Coda

Before I go to sleep, everyone make sure to post as much as possible for that sweet sweet MONEY!!! At least until a global recession hits and wages are limited to a mere 25 boxings a turn. Also, PMs are unlimited. That will be nice after a game with an ironclad rule of one PM per cycle unless you had loose lips that sink ships and gossiped a lot. Talk to me, Elendel. 

Also, if you are a Firesoul, the odds that you remain unaffected by storing (assuming being roleblocked and dying are rolled independantly) are 80.75%, with 4.25% chance that you are not roleblocked and die, 14.25% chance you are roleblocked and don't die, and .75% chance you are roleblocked and die. If you store twice, the odds of you remaining unaffected drop to 65.205625%. Be careful, Firesouls. I know being immune to actions is pretty nice, but having a high chance of being roleblocked and dead is pretty annoying. 

Also also, does Archivist just not take any charges? The rules don't say how much it costs... 

Also also also, poking people with spikes does sound nice. Can I vote for Joe after all the pain and suffering he has caused me in his game?

(and now some RP)

Corenar tried the door. Locked. The tall guy who had been making a speech was telling the truth. People were pointing fingers already. One of his friends was ranting about how their mutual enemy, Joe, was obviously guilty even though he wasn't even there. Corenar agreed. If anyone was a traitor, it was Joe. That guy was just obviously evil. 

After some quick and terrifying navigation through mobs of screaming people, Corenar found a dark corner of the building. From a certain point of view, it could almost resemble an alleyway. He took a step, preparing for Alleytravel, but nothing happened. It seemed that the hazekillers had truly locked down the building to the point where the Alleyways couldn't connect. 

Doing his best to suppress his panic at being cut off from the Alleyways, he curled up in a little ball in the dark and shadowy corner. Better to sleep now than later, when the lynch mobs would be ripping their victim to shreds. He pulled his hat down over his face and tried to go to sleep.

(Written before the start of the game)

Lord Cauthon sat on the cold stone floor, idly sipping some of his liquid rations allotted for the time being. This whole thing seemed like nonsense to him, locking up the building, claiming to not let anyone leave before traitors were rooted out, all sorts of things like that, it seemed like it was bound for failure. He was grumpy. He had been tricked into arriving here and he did not want to stay. 

He spotted Lord Silberfarben across the room and purposely adverted his eyes. Cauthon would much rather avoid anyone he knew from outside under these circumstances. The more he could do to stay alive the better, and not socializing at all seemed like a very good bet. Lie low for a month, stay under the radar and everything will turn out just as it should. Even though there were bound to still be traitors when this whole fiasco was over. 

He finished his cup and leaned back against the wall, pulling his hat over his eyes. He could use a quick nap. But alas, the noise in the room was too distracting at the moment. Hopefully in the night hours it would be universally agreed to sleep even among traitors. That seemed dangerous, however. Lord Cauthon thought that he should learn to sleep during the daylight hours more, so when at night when the murderers he was sure there was in this room came out to play he wouldn’t be caught unaware. He gripped his cane at his side unsteadily. He would be ready... 

And on that note, good night everyone! Analysis in the morning.

Alright, I will also poke vote Mist  because why not.

I think it would be good if the hemalurgist made their spike first turn just to get it out of the way and maybe pick off an elim. Though whoever they are, my suggestions may not wise considering I’m not that great at this game, unfortunately.

Also, I would think Nicrosil ferrings don’t have any downsides to storing. The only time I can see Soulbearing being a negative is ones a twin born or has a hemalurgic spike. Otherwise, I would say Soulbearing is one of the better roles in the game. 

Anything that seems slightly OP is the Lerasium bead. As long as you post or PM enough you can get it pretty quick and I think whichever team gets it first would definitely get the upper hand in the long run.  You could save it until the end, assuming you don’t die, and get just the right role to win. To me this seems pretty OP and I’m scared of whoever gets it.

Anyways, best of luck to everyone.

Young Pyromancer for being the first person to post :P

The man had never given his name. Some wondered if he even had one. In his own opinion, the more someone knew about him the more power they had over him. The only people who knew his real name were long dead. Some speculated he was the one who killed them. All rumors of course, but if he turned his steely gaze on you, you would begin to suspect too. He had a chiseled jawline and dark eyes with a fire behind them that revealed a secret fury not quite hidden by his controlled demeanor. Some might have even called him handsome if not for the quiet intensity with which he met anyone brave enough to speak with him. 

The man walked to the far side of the room surveyed the room with the wall to his back. Roughly two dozen suspects. It should be easy enough to work out who was whom. Even if he had to get a little rougher than he normally allowed himself, you can not make an omelet without cracking a few skulls as they say. The only question left was whose skulls he would be cracking.

Ready to start, he leaned slightly to the person at his right and introduced himself.

Young Pyromancer Actually, let's get discussion going.

The God King, Are you the mole? @The_God_King

Sadly I have not broken the game quite yet, but rest assured I am working on it. I'm a little disappointed I did not see the bets before hand. I would have joined in. Unfortunately, if I were to say I support the village now it just looks like I am kissing up and if I say I support the elims then I look like I am throwing the game or one of them. The Kandra is a fun choice, but I am willing to bet it is not them this game.

On that note, since Kandra can not kill, they are the least of our worries and I recommend we spend no time trying to find them. As far as I am concerned, they are probably going to get taken out by the elims in the first few cycles. The Kandra loses as soon as the last elim dies which adds an interesting incentive for the Kandra to work with them. The problem is if the kandra ever reveals themself to the eliminators, the elims have no incentive to keep the kandra alive. The village also has no interest in keeping the kandra alive or dead. Whoever has this role, I wish you luck.

More hot takes to come in the morning