Wait, I thought actions were only at night?

54 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Not everyone's going to be a twinborn, but everyone will have at least one role. I'm really excited to see what happens with Soulbearer. Connector can do stuff with votes, not roles, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Just not answer. They can't help it if someone else sends them a PM. :P

I was imagining a Connector (especially Connector Elim) hijacking an entire lynch cycle for a completly different target, or tying the vote between many different targets. Which I guess isn't as potent as Soulbearer, but still potentially problematic.

So you can still use what someone PM's you while interacting in the main thread, but not reply to the PM? I think that makes sense. I'm assuming I can still ask technical questions to moderators if I don't get something. (Although I suppose I can just ask here...)

Edited by Ashbringer
forgot about vote ties

Just now, Ashbringer said:

Wait, I thought actions were only at night?

Some actions are available to be used in the day. Such as vote manipulation. Kills and buying at the black market (doesn't take up one of the two action slots you get per cycle) are only during the night.

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I was imagining a Connector (especially Connector Elim) hijacking an entire lynch cycle for a completly different target. Which I guess isn't as potent as Soulbearer, but still potentially problematic.

So you can still use what someone PM's you while interacting in the main thread, but not reply to the PM? I think that makes sense. I'm assuming I can still ask technical questions to moderators if I don't get something. (Although I suppose I can just ask here...)

Yeah, if you have any more questions you can ask me or Young Bard! You can ask them now or during the game at any time.

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Yeah. Roleblocks and redirects happen at the same time in the OoA, so it'd just come down to who submitted it first.

Probably not the best idea, as it consostently rewards a few players whose timezones line up with rollover.

1 hour ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

The current MR we're in has the cycles start and end at 2 AM. It's surprisingly annoying, honestly. :P

Hey! Watch it Buster!

Just now, A Joe in the Bush said:

Probably not the best idea, as it consostently rewards a few players whose timezones line up with rollover.

Hmm, that's true. Do you think roleblocks should happen before or after redirects then?

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Some actions are available to be used in the day. Such as vote manipulation. Kills and buying at the black market (doesn't take up one of the two action slots you get per cycle) are only during the night.

Yeah, if you have any more questions you can ask me or Young Bard! You can ask them now or during the game at any time.

Cool! So its two actions per day-night cycle, regardless of when during the day they're used?

I'm assuming Storing a charge is day, and either has effects day or night.

Just now, Ashbringer said:

Cool! So its two actions per day-night cycle, regardless of when during the day they're used?

I'm assuming Storing a charge is day, and either has effects day or night.

Yeah, you can use one action in the day and another in the night. Or both in the day, or both in the night, or just one in the day and none in the night.

Depending on the feruchemical ability, you can store in just the day, just the night, or in either day or night. For example, Connectors can only store during the day, while Windwhispers can store in any turn.

Just now, Elkanah said:

So, I assume the loyalists have a kill. I can't find it in the rules, but elims usually do. Is that kill only available in the night and does it take one of your two actions?

Ah, I guess I should probably put that in the rules then. :P

Yes and yes.

12 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

Signups end in... oh, 27 minutes. Game starts in roughly an hour thirty

Let the hype begin!

And an hour to both of those. I might've put the wrong timezone on accident. :P

EDIT: Wait no, the timezone listed on the first post is right. I don't know why you thought that signups were ending in 15 minutes.

Edited by StrikerEZ

I just hope nobody reads me being nervous/new to this as trying to hide something...

Alas, no bets for me, unless anyone wants to bet on how many Feruchemy charge stacks I’ll have when I die. Does it really all start in 15 minutes? I must have miscounted the starting time. Darn time zones, why can’t everyone live in PST.

Ninja’d but I’m still confused. How long must we wait?

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

I just hope nobody reads me being nervous/new to this as trying to hide something...

Alas, no bets for me, unless anyone wants to bet on how many Feruchemy charge stacks I’ll have when I die. Does it really all start in 15 minutes? I must have miscounted the starting time. Darn time zones, why can’t everyone live in PST.

Ninja’d but I’m still confused. How long must we wait?

So, signups end in just over an hour and the game starts in just over two hours.

So far no one in the spec doc has taken a bet. All items bet will be split amongst all winners of the bet.

Final Cycle:

Joe Bush is betting 1 First Turn vote that the the Fifth Night will be the last turn.

Winning Team:

Joe Bush is betting 100 words of RP that the Kandra, the Loyalists, and the People's Republic all lose somewhow.

6 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

And an hour to both of those. I might've put the wrong timezone on accident. :P

EDIT: Wait no, the timezone listed on the first post is right. I don't know why you thought that signups were ending in 15 minutes.

I think when I looked up the time zone difference, I calculated the signup end time and used it as the game start time. Oops. :P

Joe, I'd say a Kandra would win for the sake of entertainment, but probably the village. The game will probably last like 3 weeks ish. (?)

Edit: Was I supposed to bet an item? :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Actually, a surprising number of SE'rs live on the west coast.

Me! (Washington)

Edited by Matrim's_Dice