Just now, Floga Fero said:

Absolute newbie here. Both to the forum as well as the game. So.. I've read the rules but how does this work? I give a character name but you guys assign the allomantic/feruchemical power and the party the character belongs to?

Anyways I'm in, and I'd to take on the name of TJ Shade.

Hey, welcome to Sanderson Elimination! Yeah, you just sign up with a character and we do the rest. You'll receive a PM from us once the game starts with your role(s) and your alignment (village/mafia).

There's also have the General Rules which will give you a good overview of what Sanderson Elimination is like and stuff. If you have anymore questions after that, just let me know!

We also have a Discord Server where we can chill and talk about things outside of just the games. 

I'm glad you're signing up for the game!

35 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Hey, welcome to Sanderson Elimination! Yeah, you just sign up with a character and we do the rest. You'll receive a PM from us once the game starts with your role(s) and your alignment (village/mafia).

There's also have the General Rules which will give you a good overview of what Sanderson Elimination is like and stuff. If you have anymore questions after that, just let me know!

We also have a Discord Server where we can chill and talk about things outside of just the games. 

I'm glad you're signing up for the game!

Thanks for clearing that up! I'll drop a PM if anything is unclear.

43 minutes ago, Floga Fero said:

Absolute newbie here. Both to the forum as well as the game. So.. I've read the rules but how does this work? I give a character name but you guys assign the allomantic/feruchemical power and the party the character belongs to?

Exactly

Also welcome!!!

7 hours ago, Floga Fero said:

Anyways I'm in, and I'd to take on the name of TJ Shade.

Yeah, you've pretty much got it. When the game starts next Wednesday, you'll get a message from Striker and Bard telling you what team you're on and which powers you have. If you're on the eliminator team, you will have a Google doc to talk to the other eliminators to figure out who you will kill. 

Just a tip, if you are an eliminator, still ask for clarification on rules in the main game thread (which will look like this one) because it is typically kind of obvious when people are getting help from other eliminators. 

Young Bard linked a super helpful thread above that I recommend having open in another tab for your first few games. 

Have you played any other kinds of mafia before?

Edit: shoot, I didn't see there was a page 2. This is probably all redundant, please ignore me.

Edited by Elkanah

Lots of questions:

1. What happens when you burn aluminum and someone uses bendalloy on you? Does you removed actions get moved to someone else?
  2. Do votes count as actions?
  3. If you change your vote does that count as an action?

Those are the only ones I can think of right now, but I'm sure I will come up with more.

21 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Lots of questions:

1. What happens when you burn aluminum and someone uses bendalloy on you? Does you removed actions get moved to someone else?
  2. Do votes count as actions?
  3. If you change your vote does that count as an action?

Those are the only ones I can think of right now, but I'm sure I will come up with more.

1. No, because the action is performed on someone who's in the time bubble, so it can't get redirected.
  2. No
  3. No

1 hour ago, Elkanah said:

Yeah, you've pretty much got it. When the game starts next Wednesday, you'll get a message from Striker and Bard telling you what team you're on and which powers you have. If you're on the eliminator team, you will have a Google doc to talk to the other eliminators to figure out who you will kill. 

Just a tip, if you are an eliminator, still ask for clarification on rules in the main game thread (which will look like this one) because it is typically kind of obvious when people are getting help from other eliminators. 

Young Bard linked a super helpful thread above that I recommend having open in another tab for your first few games. 

Have you played any other kinds of mafia before?

Edit: shoot, I didn't see there was a page 2. This is probably all redundant, please ignore me.

No I haven't. I went through the recent QF and the ongoing MR (which seems to be quite exciting), so I've kinda got an idea. 

32 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

1 more question: Does buying stuff on the black market count as an action and does equipping said items count as an action?

Buying stuff does not count as an action, but using an item does count as an action. A charged spike requires an action to use, but the bulletproof vest does not.

17 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

The answer is: I was too lazy to write rules for it, so it doesn't work. :P

Awww, you had the perfect opportunity to PAFO. : P

I've been hearing rumors about this game for almost a year now, and I have been looking forward to this game so much. However, due to finals coming up and becoming more and more busy IRL, I regret I'll have to sign up only for the spec doc. : /

46 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

I've been hearing rumors about this game for almost a year now, and I have been looking forward to this game so much. However, due to finals coming up and becoming more and more busy IRL, I regret I'll have to sign up only for the spec doc. : /

I mean, you could just sign up anyway. :P

I'm kidding, I'll go ahead and send you the spec doc.

31 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I mean, you could just sign up anyway. :P

I'm kidding, I'll go ahead and send you the spec doc.

Thanks. That'll force me not to change my mind. xD

Edit: Also, is this the same game we were discussing in the LG56 spec/dead doc?

Edited by Furamirionind

25 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Thanks. That'll force me not to change my mind. xD

Edit: Also, is this the same game we were discussing in the LG56 spec/dead doc?

Possibly, it’s been awhile since I ran that game. Don’t remember everything we talked about in that doc.