Lerasi walked through the streets of Elendel, careful to watch for signs someone was tailing her. Her handlers had missed the scheduled meeting to discuss what she’d learned about the People’s Republic of Elendel’s plans with the allomancers and feruchemists they were recruiting. It had been almost a year since they’d overthrown the old government and installed a military regime. Lerasi and the other Loyalists were doing everything they could to tear the regime down, which is how she’d found herself being recruited into a secret force of metalborn.

She checked her pocket watch as she walked past the meeting point one more time. It was the time that her handlers were supposed to meet her several days ago. She’d finally received a message from them a few days ago. Apparently they’d almost been caught by the PRE’s hazekillers and had to abort the mission. Lerasi shuddered at the thought of having been there when it happened.

Lerasi opened the door to the abandoned building and began to make her way to the meeting room. She tapped bronze to check for any signs of allomancy nearby. Thankfully, she didn’t feel anything, so she opened the door and walked in.

There was no one there. Before she had time to react, a hand was around her mouth and someone threw her to the ground. A tall man walked into the center of the room from where he’d been hiding in a shadowed corner. Lerasi’s heart stopped for a moment. They’d found her, they must’ve set her up, she was going to die-

“Are you alone?” The man said calmly.

Lerasi looked up at him, careful to not move too much lest the people holding her down thought she was trying to escape. “As if I’d ever tell you.” She spat at him.

He smiled. “That’s what I wanted to hear.”

~

The group of metalborn had been gathered altogether for the first time since they’d all been recruited. People of all ages and from all over the Elendel Basin had been gathered in Elendel to become the peacekeepers for the fledgling republic. A tall man stood in front of the group, their eyes focused intently on him. 

“I have gathered you all here today,” he said, his eyes scanning across the people before him, “because there are traitors amongst us.” He held up a hand to prevent the whispers that were already spreading through the group. “Lock the doors,” he said to the hazekillers at the edges of the room. “The building has been locked down. There are enough rations here to keep us all alive for the next...month or so. No one is leaving until we have rooted out the traitors amongst us.” He smiled. “I hope you enjoy your stay.”

~

Welcome to Long Game 66: A Struggle for Power! This is a spiritual successor to the game I ran last summer, LG56. This game will be run by me and my fantastic co-GM @Young Bard with @Fifth Scholar as our wonderful IM.

I’ll be posting the rules down below, but I’m not sure how great the formatting is going to be when I try to put them in here. If you want to read the rules with much better formatting, you can do so here.

Signups will end on Wednesday, June 3rd at 9 pm CDT. The game will start around 10 pm CDT.

~

Rules:

Spoiler

Basics:

Spoiler
  • Each Cycle is split up into a Day and Night turn. 
  • Day turns are 48 hours and Night turns are 24 hours.
  • There is a lynch during the Day. There is no vote minimum, but no one is lynched if there are no votes. Tied lynches result in a random player being chosen to be lynched.
  • You have two actions per cycle, which must be distinct unless you're storing (e.g. you can store Iron twice, but you can't burn Iron twice, nor tap it two different times). Tapping multiple charges at once is only one action. Any extra actions you gain do not have to be distinct. You can use your two actions in any combination of at Day and Night.
  • Private messages (PMs) are open as long as a Tineye is alive. PMs can include any amount of living players, but they must include myself, [co-GM], and [IM].
  • When a player is lynched, their items are randomly split up amongst the people that voted on them. 20% of their boxings are randomly split up amongst those people as well.
  • When a player is killed, one of their items is randomly selected and goes to the player that killed them. The rest end up on the black market. 20% of the killed player’s boxings go to the killer.

Factions:

Spoiler
  • People’s Republic of Elendel: This is the village for this game. Their wincon is to eliminate all of the Loyalists. At least one PRE must be alive at the end of the game.
  • Loyalists: These are the elims for this game. Their wincon is to outnumber all of the PRE. If parity is reached and there are no villagers with vote manipulation, the Loyalists win. They have a kill available to them to use each night. It is an action one of them must submit.
  • Kandra: Their wincon is to be the last player standing.

Allomantic Roles:

Spoiler
  • Coinshot: You can burn steel and kill a target.
  • Lurcher: You can burn iron and protect another player from being killed.
  • Tineye: You can burn tin and watch to see who someone targets. As long as a Tineye is alive, PMs can be made between players. 
  • Thug: It takes two tries to kill you (you’re immune to your first lynch/kill).
  • Rioter: You can burn zinc to move someone’s vote. Your own vote is cancelled.
  • Soother: You can burn brass to cancel someone’s vote.
  • Smoker: You can burn copper and protect you and another player of your choice from being Seeked, Rioted, or Soothed.
  • Seeker: You can burn bronze to see which metal someone burned.
  • Augur:  You can burn gold to see who targeted you in the last turn.
  • Oracle: You can burn electrum to see who targeted you in the current turn.
  • Pulser: You can burn cadmium and target another player, making it so that their action doesn’t take place until the next turn.
  • Slider: You can burn bendalloy and target another player, making it so that any actions taken against either of you are randomly redirected. In addition, if the target player takes an action against anyone (besides you), their action is randomly redirected.
  • Leecher: You can burn chromium and target another player, cancelling their action for that turn.
  • Nicroburst: You can burn nicrosil and target another player, allowing them to take an extra action the next turn.
  • Aluminum Gnat: You can burn aluminum, cancelling your action for the next turn.
  • Duralumin Gnat: You can burn duralumin, making it so that you have an extra action on the next turn.

Feruchemical Roles:

Spoiler
  • Steelrunner: While storing in steel, you will be unable to take any other actions for that cycle. While tapping 1 steel charge, you can take an extra action. For each extra charge you tap, you can take another extra action.
  • Skimmer: While storing in iron, you have a 25% chance of avoiding any actions taken against you. Storing in iron twice at once gives you a 50% chance of avoiding any actions taken against you.
  • Brute: While storing in pewter, you will be severely weakened. If anyone performs any action on you that turn, you are also roleblocked. While tapping 1 pewter charge, you are immune to one kill for that turn. If you tap 3 pewter charges, you can protect a player from being killed. If that player is attacked, you kill the player who attacked them.
  • Windwhisper: While storing in tin, you are unable to PM. While tapping 1 tin charge, you can spy on someone to learn who they are PMing with. While tapping 2 tin charges, you can see someone’s PMs with one other player (the PMs you see are chosen randomly from the target’s PMs)
  • Sparker: While storing in zinc, you are unable to vote or take another action. While tapping 1 zinc charge, you can learn a role of a player. While tapping 2 zinc charges, you can learn who someone targeted. While tapping 3 zinc charges, you can learn the alignment of a player. 
  • Firesoul: While storing in brass, you risk becoming so cold that you might become incapacitated or even die (15% of being roleblocked for the next turn and 5% of dying). While tapping 2 brass charges, non-kill actions fail against you. While tapping 4 brass charges, all actions, including kills, fail against you. While tapping 6 brass charges, all actions fail against you and anyone who attempts to kill you is killed instead. 
  • Archivist: You can learn one random fact about the state of the game each turn (or whichever turns you choose to use this action). Could be someone’s role, an action someone took, the target of an action, etc.
  • Sentry: While storing in bronze, you can’t vote during the day and you can’t PM during the night. While tapping 2 bronze charges, you can learn what actions were done on you. While tapping 4 bronze charges, you can learn who targeted you in the last turn.
  • Bloodmaker: While storing in gold, roleblocks kill you instead of roleblocking you. When tapping 5 gold charges, you are immune to all kills.
  • Pinnacle: While storing in electrum, you can only vote on a player who has already been voted on. While tapping 2 electrum charges, you will have a 50% chance of not being affected by roleblocks. While tapping 4 electrum charges, you will be unaffected by roleblocks.
  • Gasper: While storing in cadmium, your posts have word caps of 200 words. While tapping 2 cadmium charges, your actions can’t be tracked and your role can’t be revealed. While tapping 4 cadmium charges, your alignment won’t be revealed and you have a 50% chance of being able to hide from any kill attempts.
  • Subsumer: While storing in bendalloy, you are frail, and any attack action taken against you will kill you no matter what. While you have 2 or more bendalloy charges stored, whenever you become roleblocked, you will reactively tap 2 charges to energize yourself, negating the roleblock.
  • Spinner: While storing in chromium, the chances of you receiving a1n item decrease. While tapping 1 chromium charge, the chances of you receiving an item increase (for example, if there are 17 players, your odds go from 1 in 17 to 2 in 18). When you tap multiple charges, your chances increase at the same rate (e.g. 2 in 18 for 1 chromium charge, 3 in 19 for 2 chromium charges, etc.).
  • Soulbearer: While storing in nicrosil, you don’t have access to one of your other abilities. If scanned for your role, the ability that you are currently storing can’t be scanned for. While tapping 1 nicrosil charge, you can perform an extra action with the stored ability. For every nicrosil charge you use, you gain another action. 
  • Trueself: While storing in aluminum, any actions taken against another random player will affect you as well. While tapping 1 aluminum charge, emotional allomancy has a 20% chance of not working on you. For each additional aluminum charge you tap, emotional allomancy has another 20% chance of not working.
  • Connector: While storing in duralumin, you cannot vote on any players. If you do vote on someone, your vote will be cancelled as if someone Soothed your vote. When tapping 1 duralumin charge, you can change one player’s vote. Changing a second vote requires another 2 duralumin charges. Changing a third vote requires another 3 duralumin charges, and so on for each extra vote you wish to change.

Items:

Spoiler
  • Medallion: If you receive a medallion for any of the abilities, you can use the ability that is on it one time, then it is randomly transferred to a new player.
  • Charged Spike: If you receive a spike for any of the abilities, you can put in the spike, permanently altering your role so that you have that ability (in addition to their other abilities) for the rest of the game. Spikes will have a chance to be randomly generated when a player dies.
  • Uncharged Spike: You can use this spike to kill a player and create a Charged Spike. If they had multiple roles, only one of them will be spiked out.
  • Dagger: A one-time use item that allows you to kill another player. When it’s used, it’s removed from the game.
  • Bulletproof Vest: When you own the bulletproof vest, you are immune to kills. It can protect up to 3 times. The first time it’s used, it has a 33% of breaking and the second it’s used it has a 66% chance of breaking.
  • Steel Trap: Using this on a player prevents them taking an action. If the target is using more than one action, only one action (chosen at random) will be roleblocked. 
  • Lerasium Alloy: There is one in the game. When used, the player receives an allomantic ability of their choice that they don’t already have.

Regular Roles: 

Spoiler
  • Thief: You can steal from a player. You can choose whether to steal boxings or an item. You will receive a random amount of boxings from the player. If they have multiple items, you will receive one at random. There is a 20% chance you will be caught stealing and your target learns your identity. The next time you steal from a player you’ve already stolen from before, the chances of getting caught increase by 10%.
  • Hemalurgist: Once per game, you may target a player and kill them. Doing so will add a new spike into the black market if they have allomancy or feruchemy.

Boxings:

Spoiler

Boxings are used to buy items on the black market, which can be done on both Day and Night turns. Boxings are earned through performing activity tasks. There is no cap on earning boxings until the first item is bought. After that, no more than 25 boxings can be earned per turn. 

• Posting at least once in thread for a turn: 3 boxings
  • Posting at least 200 words of RP: 1 boxing per post
  • Posting at least 200 words of game-related discussion: 1 boxings per post
  • Sending at least one PM (either opening one or responding to a pre-existing one) per turn: 2 boxings
  • Having the most posts for that turn: 3 boxings
  • Voting on a player during the Day: 1 boxing

Black Market: 

Spoiler

The Black Market is where players go to purchase and sell items. Only one item can be sold/purchased per action used on the black market. The prices for both selling and buying items are fixed.

• Medallion: 80 boxings
  • Charged Spike: 90 boxings
  • Uncharged Spike: 115 boxings
  • Dagger: 100 boxings
  • Bulletproof Vest: 65 boxings
  • Steel Trap: 45 boxings
  • Lerasium Alloy: 150 boxings

Order of Actions:

Spoiler
  1. Roleblocks, Redirects
  2. Extra Lives, Bodyguard style actions, evasive style actions
  3. Votes
  4. Vote affecting actions
  5. Attacks
  6. Black market purchases, Money transactions
  7. Information gathering actions

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Karnage - Lance Neverwatch
  2. @Lord_Silberfarben - Lord Silberfarben
  3. @Elkanah 
  4. @The Young Pyromancer - Pyria Young
  5. @Shard of Reading
  6. @Experience - Shard
  7. @Lahilt - Lahlit
  8. @Ventyl - Lafay Etteax
  9. @Coda
  10. @Matrim's_Dice - Lord Cauthon
  11. @TJ Shade - TJ Shade
  12. @Emi - Lorinne
  13. @xinoehp512
  14. @ILuvHats - Villin
  15. @Mist - Lumen
  16. @DrakeMarshall - Lorena Blackburn
  17. @Araris Valerian - Araris Valerian
  18. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Adomert
  19. @Kynedath
  20. @Walin - Lerin
  21. @Ashbringer - Faleast
  22. @The_God_King
  23. @Magestar - Reginald Kettis

Quick Links:

Edited by Elandera
quicklinks

1 minute ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I'll probably die soon, so I'm in!

The big question is this: how does compounding work?

The answer is: I was too lazy to write rules for it, so it doesn't work. :P

6 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Do you earn boxing based on posts, then buy stuff in the night cycle? (I think)

You earn boxings for all of your posts (Day and Night turns) but can only buy from the Black Market during the Night.

1 minute ago, Elkanah said:

When scanning, do you see all people who target/ are targeted? Or just one?

Which role are you talking about? Seekers only learn which metal(s) someone burned that turn. I'm pretty sure there aren't any abilities that would let you learn more than one target (unless you tapped multiple charges of something at once).

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

You earn boxings for all of your posts (Day and Night turns) but can only buy from the Black Market during the Night.

Which role are you talking about? Seekers only learn which metal(s) someone burned that turn. I'm pretty sure there aren't any abilities that would let you learn more than one target (unless you tapped multiple charges of something at once).

Gold and electrum

21 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I'll probably die soon, so I'm in!

The big question is this: how does compounding work?

You store steel for four turns then take out nine players in one turn

I love the aluminum gnat! Hands down best role I've ever seen!!!XD

6 minutes ago, Lahilt said:

I will be Lahilt. I look and sound a little bit foreign. Maybe it is because I am new? or maybe I am a foreigner? Cxu ne?

Hello new person! Welcome to the bloodbath piles of kittens! :ph34r:

If you have any questions, I and basically anyone here is happy to answer them - we have a General Rules here which gives a good overview of how everything works.

We also have a Discord server where we can hang out and chat about things.

Guest Coda

I will join. Question: When using multiple charges, are the abilities granted in addition to abilities? Basically, if I was a Gasper using 4 charges, would I only get the 4-charge ability or would I get the 4-charge ability and the 2-charge ability?

5 minutes ago, Coda said:

I will join. Question: When using multiple charges, are the abilities granted in addition to abilities? Basically, if I was a Gasper using 4 charges, would I only get the 4-charge ability or would I get the 4-charge ability and the 2-charge ability?

You would only get the 4-charge ability.

1 hour ago, Shard of Reading said:

Edit: @Matrim's_Dice join me! I don't want to be the only (slightly) newbie

Hmmm, okay. Was thinking about it but wasn't sure because of the MR.

Lord Cauthon is in. Next hour of my life dedicated to reading the rules 27 times.

Absolute newbie here. Both to the forum as well as the game. So.. I've read the rules but how does this work? I give a character name but you guys assign the allomantic/feruchemical power and the party the character belongs to?

Anyways I'm in, and I'd to take on the name of TJ Shade.