Searching for answers.

Kelwynish

Apologies if this isn't the correct channel for this question. What are your best practices for researching or trying to find a answer to a cosmere question? Like earlier today I was wondering if Felt and Hoid are the same dude (most certainly not) I pulled up both on the coppermind. I did a !wob search on discord and I searched the 17th shard with various keywords with no success. Then I posted the question here and someone answered it with wob quotes within minutes. Do I just stink at searching? Am I missing something? Any tips or tricks would be wonderful. 

45 minutes ago, Kelwynish said:

What are your best practices for researching or trying to find a answer to a cosmere question?

So there should be an arcanum link at the top of your 17thshard page(on the right).  This is where all WoBs are collected.  Using it effectively takes practice.  You have to figure out how people phrase questions and how Brandon phrases his answers.  Additionally once you have it long enough you start to remember old WoBs.  The first few times I used it I was trying to find everything we know about elsecalling, transportation, and Jasnah.  It took me a good half hour to come up with almost nothing but in the process I learned a bit about using the arcanum, what kind of things to search and so on.  The other thing you can do is go to the coppermind page and actually click on the links to their source WoBs.  This gives you the actual context of the information and that is often helpful.

Edited by Karger