The Most Important Step a Man Can Take...

DalinarTD

...Is the next one.

Which brings me from lurker to member.  Hey everyone!  Huge Sanderson fan since 2013.  I've read all of his cosmere works twice (at least) and most of the non-cosmere works.  I can't wait for RoW, and also am going to lose my mind when I get my hands on a Dragonsteel edition of WoK.  While I wait for Rhythm of War, I've been reading a few other series:

• Bradley Beaulieu's Song of the Shattered Sands series is amazing.  I'm surprised that it isn't more popular as it's a wonderful piece of fantasy.  The story is different, however the writing style is very similar to Sanderson...I'd recommend checking it out if you haven't!
  • Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy is what I'm working on right now, I'm about halfway through Royal Assassin right now.  I absolutely love how she writes these books.

Up next for me is either The First Law trilogy, The Gentleman Bastard series, or I may start my journey with Malazan, Book of the Fallen.

That's all from me, I'll see you in the depths of the cosmere!

Edited by DalinarTD

15 minutes ago, DalinarTD said:

I've read all of his cosmere works twice (at least)

Same!

Welcome to the Shard! 

What is your favorite magic system, and why?

I recommend Orson Scott Card for sci-fi books. The Pathfinder series is good so far

3 hours ago, GoWibble said:

Same!

Welcome to the Shard! 

What is your favorite magic system, and why?

I recommend Orson Scott Card for sci-fi books. The Pathfinder series is good so far

I love the Mistborn magic system.  The way that allomancy, feruchemy, and hemalurgy all interact is incredibly badass and is incredibly interesting.  I do love the SA and Warbreaker systems as well.

I have yet to quest out toward sci-fi...I've pretty much only read the Red Rising series and Firstborn.  I'll get to it eventually, I just have a monstrous list of fantasy books I'm excited to get through first.

Welcome to the Shard!

A warning: the Gentlemen Bastard series gets kind of cold after book 1, book 3 was just... dull and the focus was not even on anything remotely similar to what it promised. Also the author's among those pulling a Rothfuss or a R. R. Martin or whatever you call it when the next book just doesn't come

3 hours ago, R J said:

Also the author's among those pulling a Rothfuss or a R. R. Martin or whatever you call it when the next book just doesn't come

I love it when they do that.

Remember when Brandon said he had an announcement before the release of one of the second Mistborn trilogy books, and everyone thought he was going to push the release back but then he admitted that he wrote that book and the next one and they were coming out one after the other?  Such a badass move, we need more of that!