Cosmre Elves?

Karger

Cosmere Elves?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Cosmere Elves?

• Yes
    • No

There is a fantasy gaming system and world called Talislanta that is famous for having "still no elves" despite being fantasy and having every humanoid race being somewhat elflike.  Should elves join the cosmere along with Dragons?  Also what is the most Elflike group in the cosmere?

1 hour ago, Karger said:

Should elves join the cosmere along with Dragons? 

I would say, that elves would make Cosmere books too similar to the normal fantasy book. Brandon takes a lot of care in making his own races and elves are kind of... hackneyed. Dragons though are more like you would take all those people elves dwarves e.t.c. and do your own, not humanoid races. Like if you look closer, every dragon is really different and unique. Some of them are a big, majestic creatures, who can talk and often are a part of a legends even in fantasy books and films. Another ones are just big monsters, who attack the world. Some of them are really big and some are only 4 or 5 meters long. 

4 hours ago, Karger said:

Also what is the most Elflike group in the cosmere?

Hm ... Elantrians, honestly. They glow, don't age, can do all kind of mystic stuff with the Aon Dor and have an ancient sparkling city they live in.

On 27/05/2020 at 4:16 PM, Karger said:

I personally thought someone would say kandra.  I also am glad their is consensus on something in the cosmere.

Why would Kandra be elven? Did I miss something in the Silmarillion where Tolkien describes elves as being shapeshifters created by an accidental god using death magic?

You definitely missed it. It’s in chapter 14 Of Beleriad and its Realms. It’s a common mistake though. Most Tolkien fans end up skipping that chapter because it’s very, very boring. :lol:

Edited by Ammanas

On 5/29/2020 at 5:48 AM, Ammanas said:

You definitely missed it. It’s in chapter 14 Of Beleriad and its Realms. It’s a common mistake though. Most Tolkien fans end up skipping that chapter because it’s very, very boring. :lol:

Ignore him, this claim is false, elve where created by Eru.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:50 AM, Staenbridge said:

Why would Kandra be elven? Did I miss something in the Silmarillion where Tolkien describes elves as being shapeshifters created by an accidental god using death magic?

No I was just thinking about immortal semi divine alien beings who have a close relationship with their god and ancient knowledge and a reverence with life in general.

Edited by Karger