Does A shard Have More Investiture than the Planet of Roshar?

Dwmaster204

Question

I remebemer a quote from Shardcast roughly saying Brandon thought Nightblood could destroy Roshar by destroying its bead. Nightblood can not Consume a whole shard, so does that mean that Roshar has much less investiture than a shard?

Thanks for answer to the questions.

5 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Dwmaster204 said:

I remebemer a quote from Shardcast roughly saying Brandon thought Nightblood could destroy Roshar by destroying its bead. Nightblood can not Consume a whole shard, so does that mean that Roshar has much less investiture than a shard?

Supposedly assuming your quote is correct and they are not just joking. 

7 minutes ago, Dwmaster204 said:

Yes a Shard has much more Investiture then one planet. The Shards Ruin and Preservation created the planet Scadrial and still had an enormous amount of Investiture left over. Brandon has said that Harmony (the combined power of Ruin and Preservation) would be able to Influence the entire Scadrian solar system. 

I would assume so, otherwise Perpendicularities would form naturally on those planets.

Most Shardworlds don't have a lot of free Investiture flowing around, they are considered highly Invested, yet that power is a small portion of a Shard's Investiture.

5 hours ago, Dwmaster204 said:

I'd want to hear the exact quote, because I'm not familiar with Brandon ever saying that.

However, yes, a full Shard has enormous amounts of power. For all intents and purposes, the power is infinite. Creating a planet would take just a small amount of their power.

It's also entirely likely that the bead in shadesmar does not contain the full investiture of the planet.  Nightblood destroying the planet's bead in shadesmar is a different thing than him devouring all of the planet's natural investiture.  just because the one may be possible, does not mean the other is.