What Have You Learned From WE?

In truth, I'm just starting this thread so @Robinski and I don't bog down the submissions thread in Reading Excuses.

1 hour ago, Robinski said:

It took me several years to listen through all twelve / thirteen seasons (as it was by the time I got caught up, I think there were only 8 or 9 the I started listening). I really love being caught up thought, and listening weekly. I have learned so much. I have a binder with all my notes, although I've only printed out up to Season 12 presently. I used to do all the prompts religiously, but actually it got that I didn't have time, because of writing, which is kind of the point, of course. I started doing only the ones that interested me, now I don't do them at all.

I guess this chat should be over the WE thread! It's weird how it's so quiet over there, I always think. Very little crossover between the two threads. Anyway, it's really interesting how the dynamics have changed at WE. The introduction of MRK was what really put the podcast on the map, IMO, and it is sooooo much more inclusive now, and diverse. The thing I slightly regret is how Brandon's input is actually fairly light nowadays, but there are always his lectures on YooToob.

I started listening to season one in August, right when I started writing my first book. Writing Excuses became invaluable, because those words "You're out of excuses, now go write" continually kicked me into motion. I first started listening in the car, while doing my chores, and while painting. Now I listen to at least two or three episodes each morning during my walk, if I don't chat with Mom the entire time.  

I have learned so, so much since I began listening. Unlike @Robinski, I don't take notes (since I am always on the move), but I'm good at emailing reminders to myself (this week's: check manuscript for any "!?" as these are a sign of amateur writing most of the time). It's been interesting, because I'm able to continually look back and see how far I've grown by recognizing my own mistakes. I don't see this as a "Oh my gosh, my writing sucks." but as a progress bar of "Look how far I've come!"

Considering how quickly I'm plowing through episodes with the quarantine, I'm thinking about listening to I Should be Writing and Ditch Diggers by Mur Lafferty to replace Writing Excuses as my binge podcast once I catch up.