Spreading the Gospel

Endrogue

Question

I've read all the Mistborn books (both eras), Warbreaker, and Stormlight books, twice, and own paperback and audio book versions of all of them, with more on the way. I got my mom to read Mistborn era 1 and a cousin and an uncle to listen to the audio books of era 1. I am trying to get my dad to start with Warbreaker while a friend of mine is borrowing The Final Empire, but neither of them have started.

What's the best way to get people into the Cosmere books? What's the best way to tie someone to a chair so they can still turn the pages of a book?

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Endrogue said:

I've read all the Mistborn books (both eras), Warbreaker, and Stormlight books, twice, and own paperback and audio book versions of all of them, with more on the way. I got my mom to read Mistborn era 1 and a cousin and an uncle to listen to the audio books of era 1. I am trying to get my dad to start with Warbreaker while a friend of mine is borrowing The Final Empire, but neither of them have started.

If only I knew...:(

15 hours ago, Nameless said:

My strategy was to constantly bring it up and talk about it until they read it. I only have a 50% success rate so far though.

That's because some people resist the more you push

To the OP my only suggestion is to do a book trade, read a book they suggest in exchange for their compliance.

46 minutes ago, Frustration said:

That's because some people resist the more you push

Maybe, but I've almost convinced one of them to read Steelheart. another one says that he wants to read The Way of Kings just so that he can tell me it's bad.