50-word Fiction

Why.

She stares at her hands with undeniable horror etched into every detail of her expression, her inner conflicts trampling her like herds of wild boars searching for a drop of mud. Her confidence is destroyed by the presence of an etch, nay, thrice etches. Foiled again by the simple apostrophe.

@DramaQueen

2 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Why.

She stares at her hands with undeniable horror etched into every detail of her expression, her inner conflicts trampling her like herds of wild boars searching for a drop of mud. Her confidence is destroyed by the presence of an etch, nay, thrice etches. Foiled again by the simple apostrophe.

@DramaQueen

That's good! Yes, apostrophes can occasionally be confusing.

It's is a contraction, its is possession.

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

That's good! Yes, apostrophes can occasionally be confusing.

It's is a contraction, its is possession.

Yes, I know, I should know, that's what makes it all the worse! I'm normally super nitty gritty about this kind of stuff. Oof :P

Edited by Scarletfox

Change

The children giggle, splashing each other with refreshing water. The cool river mud squishes between their toes and the warm sun shines on their backs, when suddenly, the beautiful shades of aqua blue begin to morph. The children shriek in horror in their haste to escape the river of blood.

Sky

The small boat drifts forward. Ripples flow on either side. Above, the endless sky. And below... the endless sky. A cloud floats downwind, churning on the air's surface. She watches it, head resting on arms. Her eyes stray from the cloud. Down, down, down, to the seething tempest below. Infinity.

Change
I look up from my knees, tears pouring from my eyes. “Why?” I force out of my lips. “I’m worthless, everyone hates me, I hate myself, I have done unforgivable things. Why?”

Yet the man only smiles, worlds of love and understanding passed through those folds on his face. 

“Change.”

City Scene 

The city bustles with caravans from the Far East and most western fringes of existence. But beyond the foothills that border the city an army is massing to slaughter them. They have come to plunder the fortune the city does possess. The peaceful city is unaware of their approaching destruction. 

Edited by Nathrangking

Faith

He grins, his wide smile unnerving for those unaccustomed to it. His eyes gleam in the flickering candlelight, bright as the copper suns. The worshippers kneel and pray softly, murmuring benedictions in hopes that the fickle godling will help. They fear him, as they should. The decapitated head of god.

Kill

Silent as a demon of the pits is the assassin that stalks his prey through a forest of rich emerald green. He lurks under the setting sand hides in twilight’s endless shadows. His prey is unaware of the assassin for he that stalks him is the king of assassins.

Testimony

Is it necessary? Maybe not. But rarely does it escape, except in odd situations, after a small voice encourages me forward. I know there is light, and I know there is truth. I have tasted joy. I have felt His love. To deny any of this would simply be impossible. 

The Caper Caper

In the misty swirling vapor the landscaper held a paper which story told with headline bold of a most intriguing caper. 'Twas about a draper and a japer who scaled a skyscraper thronged with throngs of gaping gapers to steal most delicious capers using naught but icescrapers.