13 posts in this topic

We all know that Rock's stew is a big part of being part of Bridge Four and it's mentioned that Bridge Seventeen has a signature bean curry.

How can we get Brandon to give us a list of all the bridge crews and their signature dishes or, better yet, a cook book?

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be amazing. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want the recipe for the soup that Rock makes when Kaladin is in jail.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I feel like Roshar would have the hardest to adapt recipes of pretty much any fantasy novel I've read. Like... You'd need a lot of rarer meat types on the seafood side. That said, I'm pretty sure I've bought Chouta at Taco Bell.

Edited by Aminar
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite part of any sanderson book is how Kaladin starts off hating chouta and now it is practically a part of bridge four's identity.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

My favorite part of any sanderson book is how Kaladin starts off hating chouta and now it is practically a part of bridge four's identity.

I mean the moment in WoK when he actually eats one and is just so disappointed in himself for liking it is gold. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kickstarter for leather-bound Bridge 4 cook book anyone? anyone? 

Bonus recipe: Chouta (Though may be Extreme difficulty considering grain and meat is soulcast)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hentient said:

Kickstarter for leather-bound Bridge 4 cook book anyone? anyone? 

Bonus recipe: Chouta (Though may be Extreme difficulty considering grain and meat is soulcast)

Yes. I'm honestly not sure how it's possible to be cooking soup for weeks on end and not have it burn. Especially on a firepit that can't be put on 'low heat'

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Experience said:

Yes. I'm honestly not sure how it's possible to be cooking soup for weeks on end and not have it burn. Especially on a firepit that can't be put on 'low heat'

That was a thing for a long time. Families would just have a cauldron of everything and leftovers stew going so that nothing was wasted. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aminar said:

That was a thing for a long time. Families would just have a cauldron of everything and leftovers stew going so that nothing was wasted. 

That's crazy. I can see it happening though. I sorta want to make a Stormlight Archive cookbook now. Maybe even a cosmere one, though at the moment I can't really think of any special foods from other books. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Experience said:

That's crazy. I can see it happening though. I sorta want to make a Stormlight Archive cookbook now. Maybe even a cosmere one, though at the moment I can't really think of any special foods from other books. 

There were some vegetable wraps in the first Mistborn, and Kiin does a whole bunch of cooking in Elantris.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Experience said:

That's crazy. I can see it happening though. I sorta want to make a Stormlight Archive cookbook now. Maybe even a cosmere one, though at the moment I can't really think of any special foods from other books. 

I'm curious about Horneater White. I know Brandon's not a drinker so I assume he is either outsourcing that writing or just making it up, but it sounds nothing like Everclear shots so, as someone with a love for overpowering flavors, I'm intrigued by the idea. (My family enjoys downing unsweetened Kool-Aid packets as a snack. I have learned this is extremely not normal and that to most people lemons and limes are unbearably sour, not a great slightly sour snack with a frustrating peeling process.) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I'm rereading I keep wondering, is the 'pork' they have literally pig meat? If so it's presumably Shin.

Alternatively, is it another mammal in the same vein as all birds being chickens, or is it some other thing they call pork like how 'axehounds' are dog sized insects/crustaceans that are definitely not dogs as we know them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.