Ask Mat Anything

Mat

• Mat changed the title to Ask Matrim's_Dice Anything! (Because everyone seems to have one of these)
7 minutes ago, Karger said:

Should I start one of these(you did say anything and everyone)?

Yes. Your Steel Inquisitor-ness and 6,406 posts shall then impart wisdom to all who ask. 

9 hours ago, AonEne said:

How many sides do you have? (Since you’re dice?) 

What song do you most associate with Shallan? Kaladin? Adolin? Dalinar? 

You read all the responses from other people's AMA's and it seems easy but it's not....

Ok, I'm going to go with the assumption of sides as kind of like personalities. Or something like that. I would say three. But dies cant have three sides, that's mathematically impossible, so four. I can list them off but I won't...

This is hard because I don't really listen to that much music- that comes with not having a phone (sad face) but I will say that their songs would all be different. Shallan's  would probably be the most unique, changing styles and tones to represent her story arc. Kaladin's would be all about the survival and duty, with heavy beats and things like that. Adolin's I think would be more fun, with tones of battle but still matching his personality. Dalinar's would start out almost evil sounding, representing the Blackthorn. It would progress to the final Dalinar we see at the end of Oathbringer (no spoilers). 

So I guess I kind of answered your questions? :wacko: this is harder then it looks...

8 hours ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

You read all the responses from other people's AMA's and it seems easy but it's not....

So I guess I kind of answered your questions? :wacko: this is harder then it looks...

I like answering questions. Maybe it's a matter of experience? I can ask you more if you want, or not if you're rethinking your decision now. You gave good answers ^_^

54 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I like answering questions. Maybe it's a matter of experience? I can ask you more if you want, or not if you're rethinking your decision now. You gave good answers ^_^

Go ahead. That's what this thread is for, anyway. I guess I didn't mean for that to sound negative. I was just expecting questions more like "what's your favorite color". :lol:

But that would be boring, so ask away.

What’s your favorite color? :P 

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? 

Who’s your favorite figure from mythology? 

How many fingers am I holding up? 

What flavor is your favorite number? 

15 hours ago, AonEne said:

Maybe it's a matter of experience?

Maybe it is...:ph34r:

How much woodchulking wood would a woodchucking woodchuck chuck, if a woodchucking woodchuck could chuck woodchucking wood?

What's your second favorite ice cream flavor?

10 hours ago, AonEne said:

What’s your favorite color? :P 

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? 

Who’s your favorite figure from mythology? 

How many fingers am I holding up? 

What flavor is your favorite number? 

Ok I should have seen that coming.... Red

Well woodchucks are about 8 pounds and a piece of wood is probably 1, and a rodent-thing shouldn't be able to chuck more then its body weight, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say 9

This is difficult because I've read all Rick Riordan books and thus know a lot of mythology figures... I'll say Loki partly because of the MCU

At the time of my reply probably zero

Well, 13 is my favorite number and 13 looks like a 'B' when squished together, so banana 

Also: Ninja'd by Experience, here's his answers to avoid the double post:

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

How much woodchulking wood would a woodchucking woodchuck chuck, if a woodchucking woodchuck could chuck woodchucking wood?

What's your second favorite ice cream flavor?

Using my previous answer of 9 multiplying it by the number of additional 'woodchucking's' there are, to get 36 which is actually irrelevant because there is still only one woodchuck (?) So I would say 9 again but the wood that is being chucked has an expletive (woodchucking) tagged on so the wood is worse and therefore heavier so.... 7.5

Raspberry Cheesecake from the local ice cream shop (their blackberry is better) 

Edited by Matrim's_Dice

7 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

Using my previous answer of 9 multiplying it by the number of additional 'woodchucking's' there are, to get 36 which is actually irrelevant because there is still only one woodchuck (?) So I would say 9 again but the wood that is being chucked has an expletive (woodchucking) tagged on so the wood is worse and therefore heavier so.... 7.5

The thing is, it's woodchucking wood, made for throwing. Therefore it's lighter then most other wood, and also specially made for the woodchucking woodchucks to be able to throw. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Experience said:

The thing is, it's woodchucking wood, made for throwing. Therefore it's lighter then most other wood, and also specially made for the woodchucking woodchucks to be able to throw. :ph34r:

:o I clearly saw this the wrong way and apologize for my over-analysis. :lol:

So if I subtracted 1.5 woods for harder wood to throw the logical thing to do would be to add 1.5 woods for easier to throw wood, giving the woodchuck 10.5 woodchucking wood pieces it can chuck

8 minutes ago, Experience said:

Also, how many boards would the mongols hoard if the mongol hoards got bored?(totally not stealing from calvin and hobbes).

I remember this.

The answer, of course, is zero cause if the mongol hoards got bored they wouldn't do anything.

5 minutes ago, Emi said:

What question do you always wanted to ask you?

To clarify: Is this asking what I want people to ask me or is it asking what I wish I could ask myself?

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

Are you exited for Sanderson Elimination?

Definitely. Two things I didn't expect: My first game to be role-madness (though it might not stay that way) and my first game to have 26 people at least! I'll be cool but I hope I don't die early...

Just now, Matrim's_Dice said:

Definitely. Two things I didn't expect: My first game to be role-madness (though it might not stay that way) and my first game to have 26 people at least! I'll be cool but I hope I don't die early...

That's the hope of every player. One nice thing about this virus is that games are now about twice as many players. 

1 minute ago, Emi said:

The first one

In that case: Either if I read Sanderson (finding a random Sanderfan is always great) or if I play a musical instrument just so I can say yes