Ask Mat Anything

Mat

Just now, Experience said:

11.5 years, now. Sense I was five. I've played for over two thirds of my life. That's really weird to think about.:P

I know, I didn't really think about that either. What's your favorite thing to play? 

lol now I'm asking the questions

Just now, Matrim's_Dice said:

I know, I didn't really think about that either. What's your favorite thing to play? 

lol now I'm asking the questions

Yes, I have succesfully turned this into a Matrim's_Dice ask's anyone anything. 

Hmm, is that a thing. Where you can tag someone, and ask them a question and they respond. Hmm. *Ideas start to brew*

Anyway, Favorite hmm. I dunno. I really like Jarrod Radnich's arrangement of pirates of the Caribbean. I'm also starting to learn some of Chopin's Etudes, which are very fun and crazy. Sadly, I haven't been able to play for the past month or so because I broke my wrist, which is very annoying because it stops me from do the thing I love most. 
Anyway anyway, sorry for the rant. :P 

What's your favortie?

Just now, Experience said:

Yes, I have succesfully turned this into a Matrim's_Dice ask's anyone anything. 

Hmm, is that a thing. Where you can tag someone, and ask them a question and they respond. Hmm. *Ideas start to brew*

Anyway, Favorite hmm. I dunno. I really like Jarrod Radnich's arrangement of pirates of the Caribbean. I'm also starting to learn some of Chopin's Etudes, which are very fun and crazy. Sadly, I haven't been able to play for the past month or so because I broke my wrist, which is very annoying because it stops me from do the thing I love most. 
Anyway anyway, sorry for the rant. :P 

What's your favortie?

Yikes, sorry about the wrist. Earlier this week I popped my shoulder and I couldn't play for a day, that was bad enough for me... I'm fine now but geez.

I like Jon Schmidt's Waterfall and All of Me. He's from the Piano Guys, you probably know who that is. The part where I put my entire arm on the keys is fun :) 

1 minute ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

Yikes, sorry about the wrist. Earlier this week I popped my shoulder and I couldn't play for a day, that was bad enough for me... I'm fine now but geez.

I like Jon Schmidt's Waterfall and All of Me. He's from the Piano Guys, you probably know who that is. The part where I put my entire arm on the keys is fun :) 

Yes, those are very fun pieces. It's honestly been a while sense I've played any of their songs. I think waterfall was the first piano guys piece I learned. 

If you could learn any instrument(that you don't already know), what would it be?

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

Yes, those are very fun pieces. It's honestly been a while sense I've played any of their songs. I think waterfall was the first piano guys piece I learned. 

If you could learn any instrument(that you don't already know), what would it be?

If I could pull off drums that would be really awesome but I think my brain is already pretty hardwired to piano. The transition would be difficult... still would be great

1 minute ago, Shard of Reading said:

Do you have How To? (The book by the guy who wrote xkcd) And, if you do have it what do you think of the how to play piano chapter?

Also if you don't have it, get it!

No, don't know what that is. I will soon though....

Do you play as well?

ALSO: This was my 100th post

Edited by Matrim's_Dice

Yup. I play piano.

To be ahead of the curve of the questions I think you are going to ask I have been playing piano for the past 8 years. I also am playing Carry On My Wayward Son (Kansas) right now.

Edit: Not true but I found this funny

1X6oLv7erd.jpg

Edited by Shard of Reading
adding a insprobot quote

7 hours ago, Experience said:

You’ve got the truth or dare thread. 

I love knowing that a lot of you play instruments. I don't, but I like being a patroness of the arts, because I enjoy arts and music immensely.

Is being a pianist what you've always wanted to be?

What else would you like to be and be known for? 

8 hours ago, Quitecontrary said:

I love knowing that a lot of you play instruments. I don't, but I like being a patroness of the arts, because I enjoy arts and music immensely.

Is being a pianist what you've always wanted to be?

What else would you like to be and be known for? 

It is now. I was 7 when I started so it was more of my mom saying 'I think you should do this.' and I was like, 'okay' and it turned into something I really like to do. 

For one, I would like to be known as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There are lots of members in the Shard, a fact of which I am glad about :) I also am an aspiring writer, meaning I try to write stuff but only about half finish the first section of an idea. So far my longest thing (by far) is a Stormlight fanfic that is sitting at 21,000 words, 3/4 ish done. I hit a writers block and will probably not go back to it for a month or so.

46 minutes ago, Emi said:

What are scales?

Lets see... how to explain these... You know how on in music there are 7 notes, with letters? A, B, C, D, E, F, and G, then it starts at A again. A scale is playing these notes all in a row, moving your hands up and down the piano. abcdefgabcdefg…. and then back down. That probably doesn't make any sense, but I tried. :P

9 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

Lets see... how to explain these... You know how on in music there are 7 notes, with letters? A, B, C, D, E, F, and G, then it starts at A again. A scale is playing these notes all in a row, moving your hands up and down the piano. abcdefgabcdefg…. and then back down. That probably doesn't make any sense, but I tried. :P

I understand it. I know what it is, just translate didn't want to translate it properly, so I weren't able to find out what you are talking about;):ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Given the choice between $10,000 now or $5 every week for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

Tacos or burritos?

What’s your favorite band/musical artist?

What’s your favorite song?

What’s your favorite instrument to listen to?

*Does quick math* $5 is more assuming I live 38 more years. But the $10,000 cause $5 is basically nothing in the grand scope of everything.

Tacos all the way

I don't really listen to music because I don't have a phone (anyone else with this problem?) but I'll say OneRepublic/Imagine Dragons type stuff, yeah, that.

Either Walking the Wire (Imagine Dragons) or I Lived (OneRepublic)

Piano

3 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Have some dice-related questions :P 

How many sides do your dice have? 

Do you have a set of DND dice? 

If you could own any set of dice in the world, which would you pick? 

You kind of already asked that, actually :P, a long time ago:

On 5/20/2020 at 10:26 PM, AonEne said:

How many sides do you have? (Since you’re dice?)

And I said 4, so... 4. Those 4-sided triangle ones, but also the occasional D13 in there.

Nope.

Does Call to Adventure: The Stormlight Archive have dice? I want that game. But since I'll inevitably buy it anyway, I'll go with ones made out of solid gold. Or diamond, or something like that.

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Does Call to Adventure: The Stormlight Archive have dice? I want that game. But since I'll inevitably buy it anyway, I'll go with ones made out of solid gold. Or diamond, or something like that.

Kind of... Their runes, and pretty much two sided dice. 

Spoiler

Call to Adventure — Brotherwise Games

I guess i'm on here so i'll ask some questions.

What's your second favorite ice cream flavor?

Whats the fourth letter of you middle name spelled backwards?

Edited by Experience