1. 1. What bender are you?

8 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

I'm not certain what thread to put this on, but this'll do:

THEY

ARE

MAKING

NEW

CONTENT

Not live action, not weird, nickelodeon, the two original producers, animated. Looks to be shows AND movies!!!

I just saw that.  a lot more optimistic about it than I ever was about the Netflix stuff.  I knida hope they d more stuff like Korra.  I don't mind if some of it focus on the gaang, but i'd also like more stories from different eras too.

11 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

I'm not certain what thread to put this on, but this'll do:

THEY

ARE

MAKING

NEW

CONTENT

Not live action, not weird, nickelodeon, the two original producers, animated. Looks to be shows AND movies!!!

Saw that as well! Good for them, but I'm not as sold as others. Korra ran really hot and cold for me, and while I don't stop others from watching it, it's not something I wholeheartedly recommend either. A big part of that for me was the writing, and since one of the main forces behind that writing prowess is helming TDP, I'm hesitant to dip my toe back in Avatar waters. There are also the comics. I don't think the ALTA ones are bad, but I can't say they're that good either. (The Search was a major letdown in so many ways.) 

But overall, good for A:TLA! 

• 1 month later...

I'm nearly finished with LOK (S4E3) after rewatching ATLA.

I get why people were upset about the whitewashing of the characters in the live action movie, but it kind of annoys me that the animated series did pretty much the exact same thing and people just gloss over it. I can count a total of two main characters in ATLA voiced by Asian actors, and even then when Mako (Iroh) died he was replaced by a white dude whose accent kind of makes me cringe.

So far I feel like LOK suffers a little from not having a series-long arc like ATLA did, but I still really like it. I also like that the villains have their own understandable motivations beyond 'muahahaha EVIL'.