What bender are you?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What bender are you?

1 hour ago, Hentient said:

Everyone, I'm pretty sure Susebron is the Earth King???

*Ahem* They are both rulers of arguably the most important nation of their world. They both trusted the people closest to them but turns out they were lied to and sheltered their whole lives. They both had someone trying to talk to them for half a book, and last but not least they both have a pretty cool but underestimated sidekick. 

“My life to yours. My bear become yours.”

(I forget if that’s the exact phrasing to give away a breath)

I'm just curious what everyones favorite season/Episode/scenes are, sooo here's mine:

Best season is definitely season 3

Best episode is when Sokka gets his sword... Or the tales of ba sing se... Or Secret tunnel... Or all of them.

Best scene though? Azulas and Zukos agnikai.  From their fighting styles, to the music thats played, everything in that scene is stunning. It gives me chills. (Though Iroh singing "Little soldier boy" Is a very close second.)

Edited by Hentient

Just now, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Thoughts? (Was this your first time watching it?)

Second post on this page. But I'll update for the last few episodes, it was alright, the play episode was just dumb, and I know it's meant for seven year olds but it was really silly at points, to the extent I had to skip.

Just now, Frustration said:

Second post on this page. But I'll update for the last few episodes, it was alright, the play episode was just dumb, and I know it's meant for seven year olds but it was really silly at points, to the extent I had to skip.

I actually quite liked that episode, I thought the satire and self-awareness was hilarious 

Just now, Lunamor said:

I actually quite liked that episode, I thought the satire and self-awareness was hilarious 

It kinda broke the immersion for me that it was so accurate, I would have liked to see it as fire nation propaganda.

1 minute ago, Frustration said:

It kinda broke the immersion for me that it was so accurate, I would have liked to see it as fire nation propaganda.

That’s fair, I just really like when shows don’t take themselves too seriously :P Lots of that episode was acknowledgement of previous (albeit very minor) mistakes that kinda made up for them in a way.

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

That’s fair, I just really like when shows don’t take themselves too seriously :P Lots of that episode was acknowledgement of previous (albeit very minor) mistakes that kinda made up for them in a way.

I have a confession

Spoiler

I couldn't finish that episode so I skipped it

Have you seen Hello Future me's cabage episode? 

Just now, Frustration said:

I have a confession

Reveal hidden contents

I couldn't finish that episode so I skipped it

Have you seen Hello Future me's cabage episode? 

Spoiler

Please finish it! It makes more sense when you get further in and makes sense from a worldbuilding/logical standpoint. Plus the play actually does turn out to be fire nation propaganda.

No, I haven’t. What’s that?

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Please finish it! It makes more sense when you get further in and makes sense from a worldbuilding/logical standpoint. Plus the play actually does turn out to be fire nation propaganda.

No, I haven’t. What’s that?

It's thirteen minuets spent talking about avatar's cabbage economics.

11 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Nooooooo I loved that episode:P

What makes you say the last few episodes (excluding the play) were alright? (No judgement, I just want to know your thought process)

Just now, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Nooooooo I loved that episode:P

What makes you say the last few episodes (excluding the play) were alright? (No judgement, I just want to know your thought process)

There was some nice action, and some indicators that what we where seeing was only the surface of the world, but it lacked, oofh, for lack of a better word, I didn't feel it.

59 minutes ago, Frustration said:

There was some nice action, and some indicators that what we where seeing was only the surface of the world, but it lacked, oofh, for lack of a better word, I didn't feel it.

I guess Since I grew up watching it, the climax (and whole show) has a special place in my heart, so Ive always felt like it delivered for me.

Edited by Hentient

Avatar The Last Airbender was and is my favorite TV show OF ALL TIME!!!! I got DVDs of the whole series. But before I got those I was Waching them on netflix years ago. Then THEY TOOK IT OFF!!!! So when it came on Netflix again recently I was Like "What took you so LONG!!!" But I'm happy it's back.

And c'mon, arent Sokka and Iroh just the BEST comic relief EVER!! :lol:

Any Dragon Prince Fans out there?! I don't Want to spoil but did anyone notice the Sokka reference with Callum(the voice actor for Sokka is the same for Callum) in the third season? I just finished the dragon prince today, and I cant wait for the next season!!! 

57 minutes ago, McWafy said:

Any Dragon Prince Fans out there?! I don't Want to spoil but did anyone notice the Sokka reference with Callum(the voice actor for Sokka is the same for Callum) in the third season? I just finished the dragon prince today, and I cant wait for the next season!!! 

*looks at boomerang*
This seems oddly familiar...

3 hours ago, McWafy said:

Been keeping up with TDP when it was nothing but concept art and a blurb. That show is built for memes (part of me worries that all the memes and references will ruin the show, but then I remember how Power Rangers RPM and Community built nearly all of their jokes around memes and references, and it worked wonderfully). 

ALTA rocks. Ever week or so, I try to have a concept, theme, or idea I use to inspire me to write/create. Last week was wondering what a fourth season of ALTA would look like (no it's not necessary, but I always wonder "what if." and no, I don't really count the comics. They have good ideas but they...aren't the same. Not even close). 

49 minutes ago, FantasyFanatic said:

So, I just finished LOK and I had so many problems with it, am I the only one or do a lot of people have issues with it?

No, there's actually a pretty big part of the ATLA fanbase that vocally dislikes it. A lot of people complain about how every season is a complete story, but I don't think that's the actual problem. It shouldn't have held them back from actually developing the characters or creating tension with situations that feel like they have stakes. They just didn't do it and missed so many opportunities to make the series actually compelling that I find it weird that it's from the same creators who made the original, which is a masterpiece in most of the things that LOK lacks in. That said, I personally think it's okay, at the bottom line. It's technically more advanced than the original series, the action scenes are very well-done and the music is great. There's two characters that I like a lot (Lin and Tenzin), but even those don't really have any significant arc, they mostly just are who they are and I like who they are. So, there's stuff to love and I understand why other people like it. But yeah, the complete experience just felt very hollow to me.

Edited by Elegy