Chiberty

Edited content

4 posts in this topic

When new content is posted in a topic, it gets marked as unread, and if you follow it, you get notified based on your preferences, but neither of these happen when content is edited. It's common for people to actually add new content to a post by editing it, and I think that it would be nice to have some way to tell that that has happened. Of course, not everyone wants to be notified when something under content they follow is edited, but I think that it would be a nice option to have under following preferences. Is it possible that something like that could be implemented? I'm not sure how difficult it would be; it's just a suggestion.

So an option for edits in notifications, especially for followed topics?

That could indeed be a nice feature. Maybe if it only notified you if there were like, five or more new words? No idea if that’s plausible, or if this is possible at all, but if it is, that might help reduce spam of people correcting typos and the like. 

Yeah, so there are those two problems:

1) IMO Majority of edits are for typos
2) I don't think IPS provides such feature and we don't really have the manpower to customize it that much. Every change to the forum code makes it extra hard to apply updates and it's not that easy anyway, so I wouldn't count on such feature being created unless the IPS devs decide to add it.