A little shop, in a small nook in a twisted alley.

Coffeecat

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

He eyed the man, the way he wore his hair, the way he held himself. He looked rich enough to pay, rich enough that he might even buy more than one charge. Good, very good. "Are you new to the city?" he asked, although the reply was rather obvious. If he had been here for a while, he would already have established a supplier network. Unless he needed the explosives only once, and never again. But no, he didn't seem like that. There was too much drama, to much self-confidence in the way he moved and acted. This wasn't the first time he was looking for something like that. Interesting. And with some luck, maybe he would turn into a customer for Mike himself.

"Why yes!" the Anarchist replied. "And sadly, I used the last of my explosives upon entering, so alas, I am left without explosives."

15 hours ago, Gears said:

"Why yes!" the Anarchist replied. "And sadly, I used the last of my explosives upon entering, so alas, I am left without explosives."

Mike's eyes widened a fraction in surprise. "That sounds like quite the story." he smiled at the man. "My name is Mike, but the shop owner is - " he hesitated, realizing he didn't know the man's name, "the man over there." he'd wait with his own offer until the other one had replied. No need to get into a fight because something insignificant. If he earned the chrysts that way good, if not, he could always earn some others in his own way.

"I never heard of someone needing explosives to travel to the Alleyverse." he added to explain his surprise a little, "But of course, I never left it, so don't ask me how to get here either." he laughed to cover his own embarressment. There he was. Excited at the prospect of an interesting story, hungrily looking forward to a few chrysts earned be finding this man some explosives, standing in a shop he had thought a tavern. You're a mess, Mike. He told himself. You're a huge, gigantic mess. "Where do you come from?" he added quickly to think of something else.

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Where do you come from?" he added quickly to think of something else.

"Oh, I was born in the Alleys," the Anarchist said. "But I travel so much that I'm not here a lot. Maybe one week in six. And the explosives weren't for entering specifically, but to escape the pursuers." 

17 hours ago, Gears said:

"Oh, I was born in the Alleys," the Anarchist said. "But I travel so much that I'm not here a lot. Maybe one week in six. And the explosives weren't for entering specifically, but to escape the pursuers." 

Mike gave a curt nod. "That kind." he smiled wryly, noting that the other woman returned. Cassandra. Interest visible in his eyes, he considered to ask about more specific details about what exactly the man did, but then stopped himself. Not here. Not with the others standing around them, waiting for the Lord to finish dealing with his customer. Still he seemed to be someone worth spending some time with, exchange a few stories, maybe techniques. If the man was proficient in dealing with explosives, maybe Mike could learn a thing of two from him as well. And it never hurt to know someone you could turn to if the job required it.

Trying to keep his phrasing as neutral as possible he thought about his next sentence, but couldn't come up with something fitting. "I never used explosives to get away, I have to admit." There. That hopefully let him know that he had some source where to get them, without telling too much about his own profession. He really wanted to do the job for Lord. If he did well, maybe he had a chance to work here now and then. It would be a more steady income added to the chrysts he made as a thief and he wouldn't need to lie to his mother anymore how he earned them. His stomach growled at the prospect of food and he lowered his eyes to the ground, hoping that nobody had heard the sound. Embarressing, nothing but embarressing.

On 7/2/2020 at 1:07 AM, Spren of Kindness said:

"Ten percent?"  She asks doubtfully.  "Um, just a minute."  She turns away, holding out her palm.  "Mist, how many do I have?"

"you have twenty chips," Mist says in his odd, rustling voice as he curls onto her palm.  "Diamond.  And you still have the two sapphires.  If you must, get those ones infused first, they will hold more."

"Thanks, Mist."  Freya turns back.  "I have ten diamond chips and two sapphire marks I would like swapped, please."

Thanks Rushu, but i decided to not do the maths, i don't have time

"Yes, i will see what i can do, wait here."

He heads back into the little room, while counting in his head.

Finally, he returns with a small pouch with infused spheres.

"This is it! i just need your dun ones as payment."

Then the noticed that Cassandra was back.

by the one who adds, this day was a true highstorm, like those in the east.

And, of all things, the boy was talking! in an animated conversation with the Anarchist. good to see that boy talk, seem alive.

"Welcome back, Ms Adama, i will soon be with you, i just need to finish up with these clients."

"And yes, i do have explosives, although i sometimes find myself with too overflown with useless special explosives, colored ones and the such, useless to me, i never use them. What exactly are you looking for?"

5 hours ago, Sorana said:

"I never used explosives to get away, I have to admit."

The Anarchist smirked. "It's surprisingly easy to escape your pursuers when they're bits of meat on the floor. What do you use explosives for?"

On 4.7.2020 at 4:20 PM, Gears said:

The Anarchist smirked. "It's surprisingly easy to escape your pursuers when they're bits of meat on the floor. What do you use explosives for?"

"Oh, I don't use them that often." It was a blatant lie, but at the same time it was true. He didn't use them often, but he did use them. Mike gave a slight shrug. This was nothing he would talk about openly in front of a whole bunch of people he didn't know. Hey, I'm a thief, yes a thief. And you agreed to pay me. I will rob you, I will take you money - he knew how these things went. Better to remain under their radar for a little while. "But I think I know where you can get some. Useful ones, not brightly colored ones that light up the sky." he offered, mostly to through his hat into the ring.

Shifting his weight to his other leg he looked over at the Lord.

"I agreed to help out here first" he looked down at his hands gloves hands again. He couldn't lookse that opportunity. Not now. Not when he finally had a chance to earn at least a few chrysts legally. Or as legal as you came when you didn't pay taxes. "But if he doesn't have what you need, then I can definitely give you the name and place of someone who does."

@Lord_Silberfarben

On 7/5/2020 at 0:55 AM, Spren of Kindness said:

"Here you are," Freya counts out her dun spheres.  "Thank you very much, Brightlord."

"Oh, nonono, you mistake me," he said in amusement, "Lord is only my name."

he still eyed the boy and the Anarchist.

the anarchist seemed invested in speaking to the boy, while the boy was shifting his glance at Lord, as if trying to disengage himself from the talk.

yes, he seemed that kind of person.

a good kid, but uncomfortable

@Gears

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

"But if he doesn't have what you need, then I can definitely give you the name and place of someone who does."

"I'll definitely check in with you if he doesn't have the right stuff," the Anarchist said. "Thanks for the tip."

On 7/4/2020 at 6:58 AM, Lord_Silberfarben said:

"And yes, i do have explosives, although i sometimes find myself with too overflown with useless special explosives, colored ones and the such, useless to me, i never use them. What exactly are you looking for?"

"Smoke bombs, concussive bombs, fireballs, sticky bombs, anything really," the Anarchist said.

Somehow I completely skipped over that section of your post. Sorry.

3 hours ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

"Oh, nonono, you mistake me," he said in amusement, "Lord is only my name."

Freya blushes in embarrassment.  It's so hard to get titles right here.  "Do you have a preferred honorific I should use, then?"  

Mist crawls up her arm to rest near her shoulder.  "You don't have to use titles from home here, Freya."

Right.  Worldhopping is much harder than she had originally thought.

On 7/7/2020 at 2:05 AM, Spren of Kindness said:

"Do you have a preferred honorific I should use, then?"  

"oh, no, not by far. call me Lord," he paused, "that does sound like a honorific, but it is only my name."

On 7/6/2020 at 11:06 PM, Gears said:

"Smoke bombs, concussive bombs, fireballs, sticky bombs, anything really," the Anarchist said.

"Well, i would be happy to sell you 'anything really'," he smiles awkwardly, "but i do have all of that you mentioned, lemme get the wares over here."

he hastily disappears into the storage to search for explosives.

51 minutes ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

"Well, i would be happy to sell you 'anything really'," he smiles awkwardly, "but i do have all of that you mentioned, lemme get the wares over here."

he hastily disappears into the storage to search for explosives.

The Anarchist watched as the shopkeeper disappeared mysteriously into the storage and fiddled with a knife. Waiting for shopkeepers tended to be a long, labourious process, but the goods were often worth it. 

On 7/8/2020 at 11:09 PM, Gears said:

The Anarchist watched as the shopkeeper disappeared mysteriously into the storage and fiddled with a knife. Waiting for shopkeepers tended to be a long, labourious process, but the goods were often worth it. 

Indeed :P

"here they are!" said lord, as he emerged from his storage.

he set a tray on the desk, with an assortment of explosives.

"the ones marked red are 20 chrysts, the ones in orange ones are 10, and the green ones are 5 "

2 hours ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

"here they are!" said lord, as he emerged from his storage.

he set a tray on the desk, with an assortment of explosives.

"the ones marked red are 20 chrysts, the ones in orange ones are 10, and the green ones are 5 "

"I'll take three red ones, 5 orange ones, and 10 green ones," the Anarchist said, tucking the knife away. 

Sorana, this is probably your last chance to recruit/befriend/ally with the Anarchist. I'm going to leave once I have the explosives.

@Sorana

Thanks for the notice. I can't write a post for the weekend, as I'm on mobile only, well not a post consisting of more than a few lines.

Mike would follow him outside though, ask whether he needs another hand for whatever job the Anarchist is planning (at least he assumes it's about a job).

Is it okay for you to wait? Otherwise I can type two or three lines as to not to block you.

@Gears

Edited by Sorana

Thanks a lot!

Mike watched the man buy the explosives, trying to hide his astonishment at the amount of money he so easily spent. That was more than he was able to earn in a whole week, no a whole month. And so many. Uneasily he shifted his weight to his other leg, unsure what to do now. He didn't want to endanger his job with the Lord, but he also wanted to see to know what was going on, what the man was planning to do.

Nervously he tugged on one of his gloves, played with the part where the finger had been cut of, leaving him with a protected palm and free fingertips. The Anarchist was still standing in the shop, so he still had to ask careful questions, had to try to phrase it all in a way that made him appear unconspicious and yet - Mike sighed, knowing that he simply wasn't the right right person for that. He had no idea how to do it, and he would only mess it up if he tried. For now he had a job and a job was important. He needed the money. Whatever the Anarchist planned, he doubted it would happen within the next few hours.

"If you need a hand-" he nodded towards the explosives, "I could be of assistance, whenever you need them, you know?" There that was good, wasn't it? Had he already told the man, that the was a thief? That getting into buildings was his strength, that he knew the paths and the little signs on the walls? That he had contacts to sell whatever was taken? Frowning he tried to remember, but the smell of a nice beer together with a steak caught his attention. He turned his head to see who had managed to get some food his stomach growling in response.

His eyes moved through the room, but there was nothing, nothing but the smell, although now that he tried to follow it, to see where it came from it vanished quickly, so quickly that he wondered if it had been there at all. He looked back at the Anarchist and paused, unsure at which point he had stopped talking. A job, he was trying to ask the man if he could participate on whatever heist he was planning. "Here." he reached into his pocked and scribbled a few numbers on a slip of paper. It was slightly smudged, but it should work. "Contact me if you need a hand?" He withstood the impulse to smack himself on the head. That was exactly what he had said earlier. "Or maybe we could meet for a drink later?" There, that was better, far better.

His hand shivvered slightly when he held the slip of paper out for the Anarchist to take. He needed to eat, soon. Later. For now, if things worked out well, he might end up with two possibilities for work now and then. And that was better than anything he'd imagined.

@Lord_Silberfarben @Gears

Edited by Sorana

The Anarchist took the slip of paper and said. "Thank you. I'll keep that in mind." The next job was currently unknown, but this guy was definitely part of the crew for it. 

When is the plot for this era starting? Also, is there a good thread for an explosives addict to go?

@Sorana

16 hours ago, Gears said:

When is the plot for this era starting? Also, is there a good thread for an explosives addict to go?

Sadly the one who knows the details about this Era's plot hasn't been online in a while. We already contacted him and asked for details over a week ago, but we don't have a reply so far.

At the moment we have three threads with some plot going on: A masked dance, The Deadspot and The missing report. I'm not sure where your character would fit best, to be honest, maybe take a look. If you need to, I can add a larger summary in the Chat thread as well.

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

Sadly the one who knows the details about this Era's plot hasn't been online in a while. We already contacted him and asked for details over a week ago, but we don't have a reply so far.

At the moment we have three threads with some plot going on: A masked dance, The Deadspot and The missing report. I'm not sure where your character would fit best, to be honest, maybe take a look. If you need to, I can add a larger summary in the Chat thread as well.

No, it's fine. By process of elimination, I guess I'm going to the dance. [I have a different character at the Deadspot and I'm pretty sure the Anarchist wouldn't be interested in a missing report.

After the Anarchist left Mike turned back to the Lord and Cassie.

"So, when do you plan to leave?" he asked, growing a little restless. He looked forward to some work, but if he needed to spend the next hours waiting for Lord to finish his business, he would most likely need to go and look for it elsewhere. The night was growing short and at one point or the other the best targets would be gone. "If you could point me to the warehouse, I could start moving the boxes around that you mentioned earlier?"

He suggested to show his willingness to do something. Better to appear a little too eager than not interested at all. Better. But then you never knew. Maybe this was - he shook his head. He hadn't even known this place existed. There was no way for anybody to lure him here into a trap. It was just another place. One, if he played his cards right, where he maybe even was able to sell a few things. Harmless ones maybe? He'd have to see if Lord would be up for it, or not. Or if he would have to come here with untraceable ones only.

"Do you also buy items?" he asked and looked through the clustered store again. Maybe here was another opportunity he hadn't considered so far.

@Lord_Silberfarben @Ashbringer