Hello

Odeem

Hi. I decided to hop on here and start delving into the forums and site after stumbling across the Shardcast on Youtube, been listenin' to random episodes for the last week or so.

Presently on my third reread of Stormlight(Since book four is coming out this year). Slowly working my way through Brandon's books - I started on Mistborn, jumped to Stormlight, read Elantris. I tried to read Steelheart but for whatever reason I never really got into it. I've tried Warbreaker once or twice but summat distracted me from it each time(Moving, etc.) and I seem to have lost my copy of it somewhere in the mess I call my garage. Anyway, y'all have fun now.

Welcome!

1 hour ago, Odeem said:

tried Warbreaker once or twice but summat distracted me from it each time(Moving, etc.) and I seem to have lost my copy of it somewhere in the mess I call my garage

It is online.

Edited by Karger

Yeah, I've been tempted to read it on my phone. I'm actually doing my reread with a Digital copy I got from one of the Digital Way of Kings gIiveaways waaay back. If it doesn't turn up when I'm done with Stormlight Archive, I'll probably do it that way, but I'm thinking with timing of my current plans it'll have to wait until after I read the new Dresden book.

As for a favorite book(In the Cosmere), I'd have to say Words of Radiance, right now. It's been awhile since I read any of the books recently (Reread Mistborn when Bands of Mourning came out, Stormlight when Oathbringer did) so I may revise that a bit once I reread Stormlight since I had forgotten some stuff and may be misremembering what is in which book.

Spoiler

I have read a few of them. Emperor's Soul and Edgedancer are the only two I know by name. I kinda had a period of a few years where I didn't read anything new. I'm just now getting back in the swing of things. I'm gonna try to make it through the rest of his stuff within the next year or so, time permitting. Current plan is Stormlight, and if I'm done quick enough Warbreaker then the new Dresden book, then White Sand followed by all the short stories. (And Rhythm of War in there at its release time)

But I tend to change my mind a lot. Stumble across new stuff and dive right in.