Mid-Range Game 42: The Auction of Lord Winsting

29 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

The thing is we know that Pyro is an elim and so when we lynch them we lose the ability to learn anything from them. You know the saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer? That is the idea. If we lynch Pyro we could lose a source of information, and we know that the elims have a lot of vote manipulators based off of straw's vote and so a tied lynch is not likely to work out well because they get to chose who they lynch.

The thing is, if we make it a tie vote with pyro then we can force the elims to use a vote manipulation on them if they have one, when they might be able to use a different action or put in the kill. A lot of people have started to vote to vote on Xino, and I think that at least making the votes into a tie would be very good. Maybe we could put one more vote on pyro then xino, so that way if a vote manipulation is used, they would still die? And the elims would probably use the vote manipulation to take xino out with pyro, unless xino's also an elim. 

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

I would be if it meant that Pyro would die. We've known he's an elim for four cycles now, and we still haven't done anything about it. And are we really any closer to finding Bleeder?

Yes, I believe we are.

TJ and numerous others have convinced me that maybe Sart isn't the best option. We have a plan to scan him, and in the meantime, we have a secondary suspect: you

1 minute ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

Yes, I believe we are.

TJ and numerous others have convinced me that maybe Sart isn't the best option. We have a plan to scan him, and in the meantime, we have a secondary suspect: you

When I flip village, who are you going to suspect then?

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Well I have always suspected Sart. In this hypothetical situation, depending on what Kyne's scan result is, Sart or (winces) Bugsy. I doubt it's Bugsy though.

8 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Yeah, we're really screwed if this happens. That's why it's very important to lynch Pyro as well. 

Vote Count:

Xino (5) - Lord Sil, Sart, Bugsy, Matrim, Shard of Reading

Pyro (5) - Kynedath, DeTess, TJ, Xino, Experience

Sart [1(0)] - wilson

Bugsy (1) - Pyro

We can assume Pyro moving his vote to Xino. We can also expect Shard of Reading to smuggle a vote off Pyro, since I think it's fair to assume he's elim. That leaves Xino(6) and Pyro (4). wilson can impersonate a vote to make it 5-5. But after that? No clue. I'd assume elims have got more vote manips. So I'd really be comfortable if Pyro leads the count by at least 2 votes. 

smuggle dont move vote. just removes vote. vote go bye bye. when shard smuggle vote, pyro be down one but xino dont go up one. only impersonator move vote and that cost impersonators vote cuz me cant vote myself while pretending to be someone else. me no be in two places at once. lame sauce.

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

are we really any closer to finding Bleeder?

Yes. We have Bleeder down to 8-ish people, with a lying Winsting being the theoretical 9th. If you keep me alive, I can eliminate not!Bleeder people if they're going to be lynched, saving you the effort. And as for Bleeder, we don't know who they're scanning, so it could be Winsting is about to be killed.

Also, village extortionist, please redirect to Sart targeting the 'Bleeder kill'.

@DeTess, could you please post an updated list of suspects for reference? I might be able to eliminate one or two, though I don't want to pick too many.

A list of people who aren't cleared of being Bleeder:

1. Silberfarben
  2. Xinoehp
  3. Experience
  4. Shard of Reading
  5. Coda
  6. Kynedath
  7. Matrim
  8. Zillah
  9. Archivist
  10. Mist
  11. Emi
  12. BR
  13. TGK
  14. DeTess
  15. Bugsy
  16. Sart

A list of people who are cleared:

1. Devotary
  2. Pyro
  3. TJ Shade
  4. Megasif
  5. Wilson

I might be missing some clears, I just threw it together quickly. If you know something that clears someone, let me know and I can update it.

3 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Coda, DeTess, Matrim, and Experience have been cleared as well. Working on clearing TGK, Silber, and Zillah this cycle.

Can you give any details on how those clears were made? 

3 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

Can you give any details on how those clears were made? 

The methods we've used before (IE winsting, elims, or cleared villagers have blocked them on a cycle that Bleeder killed, they were stalked to someone random on the cycle bleeder killed, or they were extorted to kill and the extort failed). Or some of them could be elims. Either way, they're not bleeder.

1 hour ago, Megasif said:

I think it's time for pyro to leave a legacy and a new elim representative to step up :P

If it comes to that, I have a whole speech planned out lol.

But don't say I haven't been continuously helpful. I just eliminated a quarter of your Bleeder suspects right there, an am planning to clear/get data on a whole bunch more this cycle. If I die, you lose that, and Bleeder runs away with the game.

And besides, I think if you had to choose between Bleeder or the Elims winning, you would choose us. After all, do you really want to go down in SE history as the only village in a game like this that's EVER lost to an SK? Not that it's coming to that anytime soon, but just something to think about.

1 minute ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

And besides, I think if you had to choose between Bleeder or the Elims winning, you would choose us. After all, do you really want to go down in SE history as the only village in a game like this that's EVER lost to an SK? Not that it's coming to that anytime soon, but just something to think about.

I think the SK wins almost all of my games. Steeldancer won as Zane, Magestar won as the Mistborn (Though he was overpowerd) and Aman won as the Anarchist (though his was special circumstances) But if Bleeder wins, it will not be a first.

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

Someone said that the SK's don't win in games like these earlier in the thread. Looks like they were wrong.

Hmm, might be interesting to figure out who said that.

Just now, TJ Shade said:

It was @Bugsy

:o

1.  How long did that take for you to find?
  2.  Bugsy is a semi-experienced player, correct? So wouldn't he have known? So wouldn't that be to draw away from lynching Bleeder....?

Seems far-fetched. But my suspicion on Bugsy went up slightly.

2 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

I think the SK wins almost all of my games. Steeldancer won as Zane, Magestar won as the Mistborn (Though he was overpowerd) and Aman won as the Anarchist (though his was special circumstances) But if Bleeder wins, it will not be a first.

Ok, for one, Aman didn't win :P I remember that game, and it ended in a 3 way loss. Also, he was only an SK for the last, like, 2 cycles, and he'd been hard cleared before that, so it's very much special circumstances.

As for the others... I have no recollection of either of those other ones. Were those after I started my hiatus?  

3 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

:o

1.  How long did that take for you to find?
  2.  Bugsy is a semi-experienced player, correct? So wouldn't he have known? So wouldn't that be to draw away from lynching Bleeder....?

Seems far-fetched. But my suspicion on Bugsy went up slightly.

I'm a semi experienced player in that I started a long time ago, but I haven't played regularly in probably 2 years now :P Turns out I missed something while I was just chilling in the Discord server. 

3 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

LG41 and MR20. Were you in either of those? 

Huh. LG41 was during my hiatus, so I know why I didn't know about that one. I was in MR20, but somehow don't remember any of it. 

(In my defense, it was over 3 years ago now :P)