Mid-Range Game 42: The Auction of Lord Winsting

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

I mean, @little wilson, if you don't want to do it we could skip the middleman and just use me, but I figured you wouldn't be comfortable with that. If you do want to take this game easier, I'd be happy to coordinate the village, at least until Bleeder's dead :P

Hmm, are you a Gossip?

No, but the whole plan involves me/wilson not having to PM EVERY SINGLE PERSON back, as even a gossip would run out. My plan involves me to pm no one, and wilson to only PM me.

Also Winsting, because you've already used your PM, convert the first letters of the first 4 words of my pm to you into alphanumerical, ignoring the first digit of any two-digit numbers. For example, T is the 20th letter, so that digit would be a 0.

26 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I mean, @little wilson, if you don't want to do it we could skip the middleman and just use me, but I figured you wouldn't be comfortable with that. If you do want to take this game easier, I'd be happy to coordinate the village, at least until Bleeder's dead :P

you right me no likey you being mayor in this sitch. me also no likey mayor me. this not binary option either or. me no likey you pushing that it is. there be other peeps too. maybe not confirmed but at least not bleeder as can be seen by the smart guys anananalysus.

edit: also me just no likey mayors.

6 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

We could go through tess.

I mean, I wouldn't mind being a central collection point for scan results, but I don't think there's any solid reason for people to trust me right now, and I wasn't planning on doing any coordinating beyond 'hey, person X, Y and Z has an alibi and probably don't need additional checking'.

Edited by DeTess

Just now, DeTess said:

I mean, I wouldn't mind being a central point for scan results, but I don't think there's any solid reason for people tot rust me right now, and I wasn't planning on doing any coordinating beyond 'hey, person X, Y and Z has an alibi and probably don't need additional checking'.

Because we extorted you C1.

1 minute ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Basically. We tried to get you to kill Orlok. :P

We figured people would be less likely to immediately believe his claims if there was 2 kills, as Bleeder might have been trying to get Straw lynched.

So the elims thought DeTess was Bleeder C1.

7 minutes ago, Megasif said:

We should always lynch pyro today.

Why. Bleeder is out there, Pyro proposed an idea to find them that may be slightly controversial but if it works then this is great. Why would you not want to attempt to lynch Bleeder? As far as I can tell Pyro is not trolling. I believe he actually is making a serious attempt to find and eliminate Bleeder because he realizes that if Bleeder kills Winsting both teams lose, ours and his. Once Bleeder is lynched I'm all for getting rid of Pyro but for now I think he is better off staying.

Edited by Matrim's_Dice

20 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

Why. Bleeder is out there, Pyro proposed an idea to find them that may be slightly controversial but if it works then this is great. Why would you not want to attempt to lynch Bleeder? As far as I can tell Pyro is not trolling. I believe he actually is making a serious attempt to find and eliminate Bleeder because he realizes that if Bleeder kills Winsting both teams lose, ours and his. Once Bleeder is lynched I'm all for getting rid of Pyro but for now I think he is better off staying.

We always let elims find the bleeder. They also never win with bleeder alive. And letting elims live is getting us further away from our wincon. And we play right into elims' hands. 

(Now if I can just find the colour red somwhere on this page...)

To expand: We don't know each other's alignments. Elims already have a distinction between village and elims. That's the biggest advantage already. Then they can pool their resources (roles) without being worried if they're getting tricked by the people they're working with. After getting bleeder, we still need to figure out elims. Right now, with a bleeder on the loose, elims can also feign solving to look villagery, making it even more difficult.

Edited by Megasif

4 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Re: megasif, the elims have to kill a LOT of people to win.

Bleeder has to kill ONE, which can't be protected by bodyguards.

Who's more dangerous right now?

Both are dangerous, and both need to be dealt with by the village. Right now, there's been a bit of focus on bleeder, but if we don't catch her this cycle, we'll need to swap attention back to the elims. I don't think lynching pyro will gain us anything other than the death of an elim that we already know existed though. They're a decent target for a bartender, and if that doesn't work we'll have to spend a lynch on them. However, the main point of the lynch is confirming elims we didn't know about before. Killing said elims is more of a side effect. Yes, the elims need to die, but lynching pyro when we can just leave him to a kill role is a waste of time when we could be focusing on finding the rest of the elims.

In addition, I think I've got some decent clues to the identities of the rest of the elim team, as well as a couple of village confirmations from Pyro's posts, so I think their continued surival has been very useful for the village so far.

12 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Re: megasif, the elims have to kill a LOT of people to win.

Bleeder has to kill ONE, which can't be protected by bodyguards.

Who's more dangerous right now?

Bleeder is more dangerous aorn but I'd rather elims deal with them :ph34r:

Just now, Megasif said:

Bleeder is more dangerous aorn but I'd rather elims deal with them :ph34r:

Bleeder can only be lynched, making a situation where the elims deal with them be the elims outing themselves being the only ones voting. Not that I would mind that but it just won't happen from the elim perspective. Which is why Pyro keeps asking for help.

4 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

So Detess, you understand my idea?

I'll happily take whatever information you have for finding bleeder. But I won't make it my sole focus for the next however many cycles it'll take. Frankly, finding bleeder is something that's easiest done through power roles, while hunting elims is easiest done through the lynch.

I've come up with a whole system too, ensuring that the scan targets are different while minimizing risk. But no one wants to use it :(

Also, Bartenders, please wait a bit to off me. If you kill me before we catch bleeder, that's pretty much game over.

EDIT: You didn't answer my question.

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

4 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

Bleeder can only be lynched, making a situation where the elims deal with them be the elims outing themselves being the only ones voting. Not that I would mind that but it just won't happen from the elim perspective. Which is why Pyro keeps asking for help.

Fair enough. Let's lynch us a bleeder. Just saying if we make bleeder the sole focus, then elims have an easy time blending in.

1 minute ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

EDIT: You didn't answer my question.

I didn't actually, I think I see the basis off it, but I'm not a fan of the excessive mayoring it requires. I'll happily share any info on who has alibis for not being bleeder that reaches me so people can use their actions on the remainder, but I don't think any in-depth coordination system will stand up to reality, especially given that there's two hostile factions hunting bleeder at the same time.