Mid-Range Game 42: The Auction of Lord Winsting

29 minutes ago, little wilson said:

oooooh suicide by lynching. my first lynch as a villager. yassss queen. 

i offer no defense. kill me. i be bleeder. i wants to get to the dead doc and taaaaaaaalk.

edit: forgot to do this: wilson :DDDD

Did NOT expect that. Okay. I guess I'll leave my vote? This is a weird game.

Edited by Matrim's_Dice

8 hours ago, DeTess said:

why Rae of all people?

It was my idea. Mostly Bleeder suspicion and analysis reasons, as well as bodyguard dodging.

Also no one more experienced decided to say anything about the kill, so my idea won by default. Not sure why I've become the elim's 'leader'. Need more activity! :P

9 hours ago, DeTess said:

which was probably a self-defense move by Elkanah

Not sure about that. We were speculating about an extortionist redirecting them to me earlier, in case they might be bleeder.

4 hours ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

you said you might have a way to find the real Bleeder?

When did I say that? I'm not sure I did. We have some suspects though.

2 minutes ago, little wilson said:

shhhhhhhhh its not a joke. why would you say its a joke. im cleeaaaarrrtly bleeder. i need to dieeeeee.

She's just depressed she lost her leatherbounds.

24 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

When did I say that? I'm not sure I did.

Here is a quote from page 5 of C3

I might have a good way to kill the real Bleeder if it isn't Elkanah.

You said that, what's it mean?

41 minutes ago, DeTess said:

I'm fairly certain Wilson's joking here.

Yeah, that could be true. Who else would Bleeder be though?

I've read this cycle at least :rolleyes:

Anyone wanna give me some kind of a sum up from the past 2 cycles? I'll try to do a read through tomorrow but I'd like to not miss anymore of another cycle. 

With flogs dead we need to be really sure of who we're voting on. Maybe if I could suggest it, everyone post a list of like their top 3 suspects? I think it could help to see who everyone is thinking of because while gut reads aren't the best reason for lynching, a group of gut reads is certainly a good starting point for analysis. I don't know much of what's happened since I went inactive but i do remember having a bit of suspicion on shard of reading, matrim, and some other people but I think they died since then lol. 

2 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Anyone wanna give me some kind of a sum up from the past 2 cycles? I'll try to do a read through tomorrow but I'd like to not miss anymore of another cycle. 

Sure. karnage scanned straw as an elim, and straw got lynched. Furami was killed by a bartender and was evil as well. Pyro claimed elim. Elkanah was lynched because he targeted both Araris when he was killed an karnage when he was attacked, which made it pretty likely he was bleeder. He wasn't though.

I think that's all the main events? You probably should read through them when you've got the chance to form your own reads on people based on these events.

24 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

You said that, what's it mean?

Right, Well, I'm a stalker. We know there's a villager extortionist. If the extortionist can specify 'Bleeder's kill action,' and no bartenders kill (which I wouldn't do in case you hit Winsting), if Emi's a stalker too, that leaves at least 3 scans a turn for bleeder that can only be negated by bleeder not killing, since I can claim if there's a conflict with the elim kill. If we can have the BG alternate between me and someone else who's cleared for bleeder, the scanners can all send there targets to that person, to avoid conflicts. This makes it near-certain to find bleeder soon.

And again, winsting should REALLY claim to me. Back me up on this guys. Otherwise they might get NKed.

1 minute ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

And again, winsting should REALLY claim to me. Back me up on this guys. Otherwise they might get NKed.

Well, I reckon you know of at least four people you can safely nightkill, so you could start with them to mitigate that risk :P 

That having been said, I'm not 100% certain this is a good idea. Yes, the elims would want to avoid night-killing Winsting because they'll lose otherwise. But I have to wonder what'll happen if the game reaches a point where the elims will lose anyway. 

4 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

And again, winsting should REALLY claim to me. Back me up on this guys. Otherwise they might get NKed

Before you post their identity in the doc, are we certain that Bleeder isn't an elim? I don't see anything in the rules saying otherwise, and a kandra could just as easily impersonate a Constable as they could a Criminal.

11 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Right, Well, I'm a stalker. We know there's a villager extortionist. If the extortionist can specify 'Bleeder's kill action,' and no bartenders kill (which I wouldn't do in case you hit Winsting), if Emi's a stalker too, that leaves at least 3 scans a turn for bleeder that can only be negated by bleeder not killing, since I can claim if there's a conflict with the elim kill. If we can have the BG alternate between me and someone else who's cleared for bleeder, the scanners can all send there targets to that person, to avoid conflicts. This makes it near-certain to find bleeder soon.

Seems solid. What's BG alternative mean?

22 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Maybe if I could suggest it, everyone post a list of like their top 3 suspects?

So, for Bleeder or elim?

5 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

Before you post their identity in the doc, are we certain that Bleeder isn't an elim? I don't see anything in the rules saying otherwise, and a kandra could just as easily impersonate a Constable as they could a Criminal.

Here is a quote from the rules, in the faction section (ninja'd by Pyro)

Bleeder

A rogue Kandra with aspirations of Deicide. The first step is in causing chaos, and the murder of the governor’s brother, Lord Winsting, will work admirably.

The Serial Killer: Completely alone

Edited by Matrim's_Dice

5 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Yes. I actually pointed that out, and apparently Elbereth would have vetoed it if Joe suggested it.

Ah, lucky :P Bleeder's been used as a doc spy before, which is why I was worried. In some LG or another, Bleeder!Rae was in the doc for the Odium faction, and wound up outing me when she negotiated a deal with Harmony. I've been a little paranoid of that ever since.

Edited by Bugsy

21 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Maybe if I could suggest it, everyone post a list of like their top 3 suspects?

can we say the same person three times? or does that work like bloody mary? mary mary mary *screams in hoororr*

can we say ourself? wilson wilson wilson? i was so hoping to sow chaos. not to be confusing with sewing chaos because i dont want to sew a picture of eric chaos. mine skills of at needlework would be suuuppper terrifying if i tried that...... archivisisisist

which....hm. might be a good way to sow chaos. heh. shhard

anyway. br

there be white text heere

8 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

We know ONE non-bleeder player, and they probably wouldn't have been our target anyways.

How do you know a non-bleeder player? I'm guessing it's a renown scan, but you'd need two of those to actually clear someone.

Edit: Wait, I'm dumb. You stalked someone who didn't target Karnage last night. 

Edited by Bugsy