Mid-Range Game 42: The Auction of Lord Winsting

1 minute ago, Bugsy said:

You'll tell her, or you'll tell the thread?

Well, depends. In this hypothetical scenario, there's a good chance Wilson is Bleeder, so if she lives, I'll PM, and if she dies, I'll tell the thread.

1 minute ago, Bugsy said:

and tell us all that Straw was on your team?

No, I won't do that.

1 minute ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Well, depends. In this hypothetical scenario, there's a good chance Wilson is Bleeder, so if she lives, I'll PM, and if she dies, I'll tell the thread.

acccctttually from my perception in this hypothetical scenario theres still a nil chance im bleeder since the last time i checked my gm pm it said i was a criminal gossip so not bleeder but if you want to give me (even a me you suspect might be blleeder) one of your living teammates if i still live ill take it :))))

4 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

No, I won't do that.

I don't think that's how bets work :P 

In this hypothetical, you'd pay up if elk is Bleeder, right? So there's not a "good chance Wilson is Bleeder" in any universe where you have to pay up, unless you guys have some reason to believe there's two of them running around :P 

Edited by Bugsy

2 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Yep! I'll tell you the identity of one of our teammates.

Such a troll, I don't believe it for a second. Tho, it wouldn't be the craziest thing thats happened in the game. Thinks over the game so far. Wow thats a lot of stuff that has happened. 

How were other games won in the first few cycles, can you point them out to me?

1 hour ago, Karnage said:

Such a troll, I don't believe it for a second. Tho, it wouldn't be the craziest thing thats happened in the game. Thinks over the game so far. Wow thats a lot of stuff that has happened. 

How were other games won in the first few cycles, can you point them out to me?

Straw told us in the doc all about it. Guess you have to be an elim to find out.

6 hours ago, Bugsy said:

@A Joe in the Bush, if we lynch Elk this cycle, will they still be able to get a kill off before dying?

Well, let's just check the Order of Actions that I put in the rules!

*Sees that I never made an Order of Actions

That is a very good question! Let me slam my face into a wall a few times and see if any logical thoughts pop out.

8 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

That's almost certainly a lie. Knowing perfectly well that a. you had been stalked once and could be stalked again, and b. Karnage was extremely likely to be attacked, there's no reason you would have framed yourself by soothing Karnage's vote. There is a reason for Bleeder to have taken that risk in an attempt to kill Flogs, so Elkanah.

Are you claiming Elkanah targeted Karnage last cycle? If so, I'm fine with an Elkanah (archivist) lynch. I don't think we should spend too much time hunting bleeder, but if a good suspicion like this turns up, there's no reason not to take her out while we're at it.

Anyway, I'm going to continue catching up on my ISO reads, starting with Sart

Sart

Sart was actually an early voter on Straw, being the one to first put them in the danger zone (3 votes) over karnage. I'd missed this initially, but that actually looks pretty village to me. Its a shame that that was followed up with the blatant self-protection vote which looks the opposite to me. A villager's goal is to get the elims lynched, while the goal of the elims is essentially to survive untill all the villagers are dead. The elims, being fewer in number are therefore far more focused on survival, while the villagers should be more focussed on information and finding the truth. Lynching someone you don't at all suspect is the opposite of a village play in my experience. However, i'm having trouble seeing elim!Sart making that vote on straw, unless Sart is far more of a busser than I remember?

Sart's comments in later cycles are fairly NAI though.

So overall, I'm confused by Sart's alignment. I've seen them do one thing that makes me lean very village, and another thing that makes me lean very elim, so its a confused shrug for now.

Devotary of spontaneity

Devotary's posts worry me a bit in just how NAI all of it is. They seem to be just going with the flow, with their votes so far being on fairly 'obvious' targets. However, it should be noted that he was a link in the PM chain that got that bit about Fura's action out in the open, and I don't think elim!devotary would have passed that on to me like that.

Overall I'm leaning slightly village, but I'd really like to see some more thoughts from Devotary. @Devotary of Spontaneity, is there anyone you particularly trust or distrust right now?

Experience

His thoughts on Straw are slightly interesting. Unlike most people I've looked at in depth so far he expressed general uncertainty about their alignment. I'm not sure if that's telling about their alignment or not though. Apart from that, he seems to have followed along with the flow of votes on elims. However, I do like that they expressed some reads on TGK adn shard of reading, though I'd like to learn moer about why he reads them as village.

Read: Neutral

Shard of reading

Shard's part of the 'defended Straw C1 club'. I generally consider that NAI, but I don't really like them quoting 'C1 lynches aren't accurate' as a reason, as the only thing that's an argument for is not having a C1 lynch at all, rather than being an argument against any particular lynch. It kinda feels like he's trying to bring in every possible reason he can think off, rather than just the things that are sensible, which would be a more elim thing to do.

For the rest, things are mostly NAI. The vote on TGK is reasonably well explained. He's been coasting a lot in C2 and C3 though, which I don't like. @Shard of Reading Is there anyone you're particularly suspicious or trusting of right now?

Read: neutral/slight elim

Edited by DeTess

37 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Well, let's just check the Order of Actions that I put in the rules!

*Sees that I never made an Order of Actions

That is a very good question! Let me slam my face into a wall a few times and see if any logical thoughts pop out.

I lost a tooth.

Also, Kills and Lynches will happen simultaneously. Neither will affect the other.

Pyro as a placeholder vote for now.

I think that we should look more for Bleeder than the eliminators now. The eliminator team has been wrecked for how early it is, with two dead and one known. On the other hand, Bleeder knows who one of the two people they need to kill is. If Bleeder wins, everybody else loses. I'd like to avoid that.

Off the top of my head, I think the way for us to find a serial killer is to look for people who are very concerned with their own self-preservation but not much about anyone else's. Unlike the eliminators, Bleeder does not have a team to keep alive in order to win. I expect that Bleeder will probably seem uncaring about the level of Constable or Criminal death. 

I'm conflicted about Elkanah.  On one hand, even if Bleeder had about manipulation, they gain less from using it then from using their kill or skin. However, Elkanah specifically said that he wanted to use his vote manipulation to kill multiple people with the tie, which is significantly more efficient than using a kill action that will kill only one person. Still, nobody has counterclaimed him yet, so I think he is telling the truth at least about the vote manipulation. 

I'm pretty sure that Elkanah is not a Constable. I don't think the Constables would have gained very much from sitting up Elkanah as the fall guy if Elkanah was one of them.

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

Besides, with the threat of Bleeder, and elim/village go between could be useful!

To what purpose? I mean, if Elkanah is Bleeder then tomorrow the threat is gone, with no go between necessary. 

3 minutes ago, Megasif said:

Worst case scenario Elkanah is not bleeder and Pyro is not elim.

prrrreeeeeettttyyy sure thats basically impossible given pyro outed himself when he had no reason to if he were innocent. but what do me know. me is just a person who likes use to avoid proper weird usage. ha. weird. you funny phone. you funny.

8 hours ago, DeTess said:

Overall I'm leaning slightly village, but I'd really like to see some more thoughts from Devotary. @Devotary of Spontaneity, is there anyone you particularly trust or distrust right now?

I've mostly just been going on scan results and haven't spent too much time looking at other players. I trust wilson for going after Straw C1. I think Emi's stalker claim of targeting Karnage makes her likely to be village, especially if Pyro is also a Stalker. I would be suspicious of you for giving Fura an easy way out of the scan and for suggesting we leave Pyro to the bartenders, but Fura decided not to take your offer to claim a random role and we are leaving Pyro alive until C4(though we'll probably want to use a lynch since we plausibly have only one bartender left and the elims have a decent chance of having a bodyguard who won't feel any obligation to protect Karnage assuming Elkanah dies as Bleeder today).