Mid-Range Game 42: The Auction of Lord Winsting

1 minute ago, Shard of Reading said:

Ha, Ha. I already finished that!

You're lucky. (Or just more hard-working than me):ph34r:

It was easier, when we had school to mobalize to do them-_-
Thanks Coronavirus!

No I'm just lucky. I get like no work. If I got the normal amount of work I would never finish because of how much time I spend on this site.

Ech, we've got 3 homeworks for tomorow<_<

See, my trick is to do stuff like this first. then homeworks is what gets in the way of the 17th shard.

@A Joe in the Bush When you use your ability do you PM the game master to tell them, or something else?

Edited by Matrim's_Dice

31 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

See, my trick is to do stuff like this first. then homeworks is what gets in the way of the 17th shard.

@A Joe in the Bush When you use your ability do you PM the game master to tell them, or something else?

I'm not Joe, but yes you'll get a pm that will tell you your role. You use your action by responding to that message

35 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

I'm not Joe, but yes you'll get a pm that will tell you your role. You use your action by responding to that message

So, when we start?

4 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

Monday the 25th at 10 a.m. GMT

I hope, that it won't be a problem if I join half an hour later? I have math, where the teacher is really strict, so I can't really write then:wacko:

4 minutes ago, Emi said:

I hope, that it won't be a problem if I join half an hour later? I have math, where the teacher is really strict, so I can't really write then:wacko:

That's fine. Each turn is 48 hours long so that everyone is able to post when they have the time. 

Not a problem at all! One of my favorite things about forum mafia is that it accommodates people around the world. I will be asleep when the game starts, but the cycle lasts 48 hours, so get on when you have time.

Edit: what he said

Edited by Elkanah

4 hours ago, Coda said:

I will sign up. Unrelated side note: Does anyone know what happened to MR41?

Fifth posted this in Discord:

fifthstatus.thumb.PNG.9c520186191c4a4c66d66767fcd15d42.PNG

25 minutes ago, Emi said:

As Elkanah said, turns are a minimum of 24 hours long in all games, so everyone gets a chance to post.

1 hour ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

You'll usually get a PM that looks something like this:

5ec2d27259c58_GMPMexample.PNG.282b2b79cf2dd592c4213537377b5a96.PNG

It'll typically include the player in question, the GM, and the impartial moderator. The first message in the GM PM will be the GM telling you your role and alignment (Village Smoker, in this example). If you're an eliminator, it'll also include a link to a Google doc where you can talk to the other eliminators. The GM PM is also where you submit actions and ask the GM clarifying questions. For example:

5ec2d3e64e496_GMPMexample2.thumb.PNG.3b7073c0bc9904494dfdee5783999ccf.PNG

Edited by Straw

I don't completly understand PMing. Do you use it to say one thing to another player or to tell the GM something. (I assume there is a game master)

I think both, this particular game allows one PM per cycle to a player. I assume you can PM the GM whenever.

57 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

So you get to say one hidden thing to one person per turn?

Yes but you have to send it to the GM too, right?

Edited by Matrim's_Dice

4 hours ago, Kynedath said:

How do you vote to disperse the party? Is it like "Disperse"? If so then we won't be able to vote for a player and to disperse the same turn?

Will there be a lynch if we vote to disperse?

It says that kill actions taken against bleeder fail as if she was protected by a bodyguard, but a bodyguard can't protect the same person two cycles in a row. So then if Bleeder is attacked two cycles in a row will they die on the second cycle? Or is it saying that they are just always protected from kills?

Dowser says "in addition to your smuggler role", does that mean that Dowser will always be a smuggler?

What do you mean by "global tie" in the smuggler role?

The extortionist can't target the same person twice in a row, but since they make one player target another player can they then not target both players involved in their last action?

Since we can't retract a vote without replacing it, would it be valid to go from a vote on a player to a vote to disperse?

You can vote to Disperse the Party in the same way you vote for a player, and you can vote to lynch and to disperse on the same turn.

Hmm, I'm not sure yet. Give me a bit to figure out what the Order of Actions is.

Bleeder can only die by being lynched.

Dowser will be a Smuggler and a Dowser.

Let's say that on Cycle 4, only one person voted. That would mean whoever they voted on would be lynched. But, if a Smuggler were to cancel that vote, then there would be a global tie, where everyone had the same number of votes, so everyone would get lynched. Basically, that ability is in the game to prevent 1 person from deciding to kill evenyone.

The Extortionist can't control the same player twice in a row, but they can have two different people target the same player twice in a row.

Nah.

4 hours ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

Can we send 1 PM every cycle, or the entire game?

For all the roles, are they single-use?

You can send 1 PM per cycle, and Each role can be used once per cycle. (With the Exception of the Bartender, who can be used every other cycle)

3 hours ago, Emi said:

Hi, can I join the game?

You sure can. Glad to have you!

2 hours ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

At the beginning of the game, I will PM you and tell you what your role and Alignment are. Each turn, you can reply to that message with what action you want to take.

3 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

Yes but you have to send it to the GM too, right?

When PM'ing another player, Please do add me to the conversation so that I can make sure everyone is following the rules. I am going to be lenient with PM mistakes for the first 2 Turns, as this PM system is non-standard, but from Turn 3 on,  I'll start publishing PM's that weren't supposed to be sent.