Mid-Range Game 42: The Auction of Lord Winsting

Just now, Furamirionind said:

Assuming no one had extra lives remaining, who would win in that case? :ph34r: 

The Village. Flogs can't be lynched. If you're assuming Flogs is already dead and Winsting is around to be lynched, then Bleeder would win, since Winsting would be dead and the party wouldn't have dispersed. Come to think of it, I need to figure out which comes first, the Lynch or the Party Dispersal. . .

13 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Assuming no one had extra lives remaining, who would win in that case? :ph34r: 

Since you're on, can you explain why you voted for me? I have yet to see any sort of explanation other than you saying that Karnage has lots of votes. Looking back, I don't see many reads from you. You seemed to pressure Pyro a bit, but haven't gone further. In your most recent post, you mentioned a gut bad read on DeTess, but nothing else. Do you have any other reads you can share with us?

Just now, Straw said:

Since you're on, can you explain why you voted for me? I have yet to see any sort of explanation other than you saying that Karnage has lots of votes. Looking back, I don't see many reads from you. You seemed to pressure Pyro a bit, but haven't gone further. In your most recent post, you mentioned a gut bad read on DeTess, but nothing else. Do you have any other reads you can share with us?

I'm not really on. Just trying not to fall behind the thread while working on an essay... But here is something I started writing before I went to homework.

Yes, I jumped from Karnage's wagon because of the rush of votes. They died down so idk now. I'd have to look back through the thread as to who voted when. Something I'll do when my essay is done.

Did I mention a bad gut read on DeTess? I'm not really thinking about this game right now, but I don't recall saying that? I think I just disagreed with them. I'd have to go back and reread our posts.

9 minutes ago, Straw said:

So, you're hopping off his vote train onto mine? What's your reasoning for voting on me? What makes me a better lynch? I'm not sure what your logic for this is supposed to be.

Because people aren't piling on you a ton? You sound a bit defensive? You do realize there are like 4 other people up for the lynch with you right now, right? Lol
Mostly it's the first, like I keep saying. It's something I've seen Drake do a lot, and I've found he is normally right. When no one is defending someone, of if too many people are jumping to them, then they aren't a good lynch.

Also, it's D1. No one is going to have perfect reasons.

12 minutes ago, Straw said:

I wrote the post, got to Matrim's Araris question, went and found Araris's post, and then decided to add that to the reads. My quote posts aren't always written chronologically. Sorry if it was confusing. This reminded me, Xino posted some thoughts, so I'll move to Fura in hopes of a fast response.

Are we just doing this every game now? Lol

15 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Mostly it's the first, like I keep saying. It's something I've seen Drake do a lot, and I've found he is normally right. 

Wasn't Drake the one in QF44 who led a bunch of lynches that were villagers? Or was that TGK?

Edit: It was Drake I was thinking of, but my accusation is still slightly unfair seeing as the elim team played really well that game and he wasn't the only one voting for the village. 

Edited by Matrim's_Dice

Well, you can tell I'm back to being a villager based on all the suspicion I've gathered. Somehow I'm more trusted as an eliminator than I am as a villager. I'm going to vote on Karnage to save my own skin, but I've got a village read on them, so this is awkward. Plus, if they flip village this is just going to draw more suspicion on me. Its unfortunate, but a 80% chance of a villager death is still better than a 100% chance. Straw, I'm still getting the same vibes I got when you were a serial killer. However, it appears that the majority of players do not suspect you. Actually, I'm going to make a tally on this:

Suspect Straw (5): Wilson, Orlok, Young Pyromancer, Furamirionind, Sart
Don't Suspect Straw (11): Xinoehp, Matrim's Dice, Elkanah, Kynedath, Arraenae, StrikerEZ, BrightnessRadiant, DeTess, Coda, Shard of Reading, The Archivist

And for kicks, here's a tally on where the village stands on me:
Suspect Sart (5): Xinoehp, Matrim's Dice, Arraenae, Karnage, Archivist
Don't Suspect Sart (2): Araris, Zillah

Okay, so the only people brave enough to support me are Araris, who is well known for his support of stab votes, and Zillah, who is honestly kind of surprising, but I appreciate it nonetheless. Given the amount of support for Straw, I suspect some Elims are among that large group. Whether that's elims gathering up to protect a teammate, or just elims defending a villager to blend in, remains unseen. Honestly, I think it's the latter, but I still think Straw is Bleeder for some reason. However, we don't need to concentrate on Bleeder, so I needed to move my vote anyways.

4 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

I'm not really on. Just trying not to fall behind the thread while working on an essay... But here is something I started writing before I went to homework.

Yes, I jumped from Karnage's wagon because of the rush of votes. They died down so idk now. I'd have to look back through the thread as to who voted when. Something I'll do when my essay is done.

Did I mention a bad gut read on DeTess? I'm not really thinking about this game right now, but I don't recall saying that? I think I just disagreed with them. I'd have to go back and reread our posts.

Interesting that you completely dodged my request for reads. Hopefully you'll give some later. Even gut reads would be good.

For DeTess, you said that something felt off about one of their paragraphs, so I assumed it was a bad gut read. I guess it wasn't, then?

4 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Because people aren't piling on you a ton? You sound a bit defensive? You do realize there are like 4 other people up for the lynch with you right now, right? Lol
Mostly it's the first, like I keep saying. It's something I've seen Drake do a lot, and I've found he is normally right. When no one is defending someone, of if too many people are jumping to them, then they aren't a good lynch.

Also, it's D1. No one is going to have perfect reasons.

Are we just doing this every game now? Lol

So, going over some of your reasons:

1. People aren't piling on me: I don't see why this is a reason to lynch me? That's the case for most everyone in the player list, so it's a weak case.
  2. I sound defensive: First of all, you know I'm defensive, and that I'd push back regardless of alignment. I don't see why I shouldn't be defensive, considering how weak the case against me is.

Your no perfect reasons thing feels like an excuse to not contribute to the thread. As I've said in response to others, I hate that sort of thinking. It makes for weak information later on, and gives elims a shield to hide behind.

I'll vote on you if you seem suspicious. Also, pretty ironic that you'd say that when you're the one to jump on me.

I'm feeling a lot better about voting on you now. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, since I often go after you, but I just can't do that with how you're acting.

4 minutes ago, Sart said:

And for kicks, here's a tally on where the village stands on me:

Suspect Sart (5): Xinoehp, Matrim's Dice, Arraenae, Karnage, Archivist
Don't Suspect Sart (2): Araris, Zillah

Emphasis mine.

Was this word choice intentional or just you writing? I can see how you would just write it as 'the village' subconsciously- it seems like something I would do- but it still makes me cock my head a little bit.

I'm afraid I haven't caught all the way up, but it is 2am, and I really do not have the energy to get through the last 25 or so posts. As such, my thoughts up to my last post:

Posts by game Cycle Posts by turn Player: Key content: Thoughts on content: Alignment indicative: Vote: Retractions:
1 D1 1 Silberfarben Hasn't received PM N/A NAI    
2 D1 2 Elkanah Welcomes all to game N/A NAI    
3 D1 3 DeTess Elims need to kill Bleeder, Bleeder needs to keep Elims alive. Can't trust Bodyguard protection. Elims might want to double tap anyoen with bodyguard protection. Focus of village should be on eliminators, not Bleeder. Mild village. Suggests that he was trying to give advice to eliminator team in mutual interest. Mild village    
4 D1 4 Elkanah Jokes about dispersing Less likely for eliminator to joke about it Mild village    
5 D1 5 Silberfarben RP N/A NAI    
6 D1 6 Emi Asks if we are playing in this thread Eliminator with so little knowledge would ask elim doc Moderate village read    
7 D1 7 Silberfarben Confirms we are playing in this thread N/A NAI    
8 D1 8 DeTess Dscribes thread creation each cycle N/A NAI    
9 D1 9 Straw Responds to DeTess' post. Corrects DeTess stating that Flogs is a role scanner, saying that's what renowned are. Also recommends Flogs be careful. Says we shouldn't trust anyone who has survived. Says focusing on Bleeder would probably be a waste of effort. Gut read against "probably". Possible Renowned? Very mild evil    
10 D1 10 Coda Lots of players. Tells Flogs not to die. Feels like a comment to appear good, not add value Mild to moderate evil    
11 D1 11 Matrim Asks how many eliminators there normally are. Suggests 3/1 ratio. Unsure. Genuine question or attempt to appear as confused villager. Unsure.    
12 D1 12 Straw Responds to Matrim. Says normally 20%-25% eliminators. Suggests seven or eight. N/A. Reconsider if Straw flips evil. NAI    
13 D1 13 Karnage Suggests we need to get rid of 7-8 constables if Straw to be believed. Questions whether Elkanah's joke about dispersing was a sign for future constables. Less likely that Straw and Karnage on the same team if one evil. Think genuine uncertainty around constables, but unclear. Very mild village    
14 D1 14 Matrim Also questions whether Elkanah's joke was serious. Very marginally less likely Matrim and Karnage on the same team if either evil. NAI    
15 D1 15 Emi Apologises for asking questions, asks what we are meant to do. Genuine uncertainty Moderate village read    
16 D1 16 Matrim Says also wondering what to do. Thinks first cycle about gut reads and waiting for mistakes. Jokes about being a villager. Thinks eliminators will bandwagon because they have a doc. Some village, some evil. Think naivity around bandwagon suggests possible non-eliminator. Mild village read    
17 D1 17 Kynedath Says we need to look for people acting in a suspicious manner. Says we're unlikely to hit an eliminator D1, but lynching D1 is a big way to gain info. Won't vote on D1 for moral reasons.Says poke voting may be less likely. Is going to try to be more active. Contradictory, but appears to be consistent with previous behaviour. NAI    
18 D1 18 Emi Thanks Kynedath N/A NAI    
19 D1 19 Elkanah Explains disperse vote a joke. Says game doesn't start properly until C3 Disagree with C3. Possible attempt to prevent analysis. Unlikely. NAI    
20 D1 20 Matrim Says he recieved a notification that Xino posted, but no post N/A NAI    
21 D1 21 Straw Says we should try our hardest for a D1 lynch despite limited information. D1 vote gives basis for future discussion. Checked the rules and elims do have a doc. Says Eliminators unlikely to bandwagon. Agree re D1 lynch. Checking rules for elim doc feels forced. Mild evil    
22 D1 22 Elkanah Says they like no retraction mechanic. Expresses belief in Kynedath re activity. N/A NAI    
23 D1 23 Matrim Says he won't be low profile N/A NAI    
24 D1 24 Xino Rules analysis. Suggests Flogs actually better off sharing identity with constables. Nothing at all controversial. Post to appear active? V. mild evil    
25 D1 25 Emi Says Xino's post contains a lot of information. Again, feels genuine Mild village    
26 D1 26 Elkanah Dowser has normal village win condition. Says game information heavy. With gambling tycoons, c. 34 lives in game. None NAI    
27 D1 27 Striker Welcomes new players. Asks Joe about PM mechanic. Says Xino stated his thoughts on the game. Suggests possibly 9 eliminators, because Joe is a troll. Less likely evil if Straw evil NAI    
28 D1 28 Matrim Asks further re PM mechanic N/A NAI    
29 D1 29 HH Says many kills each cycle. Says C1 lynch may be a bit much, but opportunity for village to direct a kill. No vote. Absence fo vote despite conclusion interesting. Ignores strong eliminator ability to direct early lynch. Mild evil    
30 D1 30 Straw Agrees that nine eliminators is a possibility if strong village or weak eliminator team. Poke votes Araris Sensible analysis Mild village Araris  
31 D1 31 Mist Says 3 vote lynch requirement only C1. Says Bleeder won't want to kill too many eliminators too quickly. N/A NAI    
32 D1 32 Matrim Asks whether Straw has miscounted N/A NAI    
33 D1 33 Straw Clarifies to Matrim his poke vote N/A NAI    
34 D1 34 wilson rp. roleclaims gossip. gut reads against straw and karnage. votes straw. in character with wilson having fun. very mild village straw  
35 D1 35 Straw Asks why Wilson has bad gut read against Karnage and himself. Says Xino's post bothers him. Makes sensible point re Xino - agree. Yet keeps poke vote and doesn't vote based on what botehrs him? Unsure.    
36 D1 36 Pyro Says he is going to be less active as he doesn't want to die early. Not helpful to village. Obfuscates reads. Mild evil    
37 D1 37 wilson says a gut read is a gut read. not able to explain it. doesnt feel a need to justify herself. nai    
38 D1 38 Matrim Confuses Straw's poke vote. Votes on Straw. Quick to leap on misunderstanding. Unlikely to be on a team with Straw. Possibly too eager for a lynch? Unsure - revisit if Straw dies Straw  
39 D1 39 Straw Tells Pyro his playstyle isn't useful. Explains poke vote. Agree re play style. Very mild village    
40 D1 40 wilson explains straws poke vote. n/a nai    
41 D1 41 Pyro Complains about Straw being suspicious of those who post less. Remains committed to it. Overacting? Seems committed to low involvement playstyle. Mild evil    
42 D1 42 Xino Finishes rule review. Still no engagement with actual players. Very mild evil    
43 D1 43 Straw Questions whether Matrim was trying to get a lynch train started on him Seems to be genuine confusion from Matrim. Excuse to cast suspicion on him? Still has poke vote on Araris. Very mild evil    
44 D1 44 Dot RP N/A NAI    
45 D1 45 Matrim Retracts from Straw, poke votes on Archivist following Straw's pattern. Yet less likely that Straw and Matrim on the same team. NAI Archivist Straw
46 D1 46 Elkanah Says their point was more lynches to lylo. Therefore more information. Sensible enough NAI    
47 D1 47 wilson explains her posting style n/a nai    
48 D1 48 Karnage Votes on Fura. Asks whether Wilson's style is to confuse people. Seems like honest question NAI Fura  
49 D1 49 wilson explains her style and why shes doing it agree wholeheartedly nai    
50 D1 50 Devotary Says killing anyone who survives a lynch could be killing Flogs Fair observation NAI    
51 D1 51 Karnage Responds positively to Wilson n/a NAI    
52 D1 52 Pyro Congratulates Karnage on post count Waste of thread... NAI    
53 D1 53 Matrim Congratulates Straw on post count Waste of thread... NAI    
54 D1 54 Bugsy Says he will be inactive this cycle due to essay N/A NAI    
55 D1 55 BR Complains about too many posts. Mixes up village an eliminator names. Says eliminator team would be hilariously big with seven or eight people. Have muslynched for mixing names before. Worth watching. Agrees with Straw that team probably not bigger than seven or eight. Possible that on same team if evil, trying to sell smaller team? Mild evil    
56 D1 56 Orlok Votes on Straw as third vote. Has missed Matrim's retraction. Is an idiot. Can't even read properly. Village    
57 D1 57 Pyro Questions whether game could have fewer elims than normal to make village paranoid. Not helpful to state - shouldn't be lowering people's guard. Moderate evil.    
58 D1 58 Straw Says village win if bleeder also dead. Asks Orlok's reasoning for vote. Moves discussion on. NAI    
59 D1 59 Emi Says they're going to sleep N/A NAI    
60 D1 60 Orlok Vote on Straw is gut. Wanted to make three vote lynch. See above. Clearly an idiot. Village    
61 D1 61 Fura Tells Pyro never played a game where he died C1. Says he has complained about C1 death every game, so NAI. Votes on Karnage in retailiation Useful information. NAI Karnage  
62 D1 62 Pyro Says worst he has been is neutral. Lists early deaths. Sympathy appeal. Reminds everyone never evil - so can't be this time? Moderate evil. Pyro  
63 D1 63 Fura Says Pyro's early deaths all ages ago. Says Striker became more active after repeatedly dying early. Still no vote on Pyro? Unsure    
64 D1 64 Striker Comments on previous early deaths N/A NAI    
65 D1 65 Matrim Asks if he can PM Joe whenever Seems genuine confusion Strong village    
66 D1 66 Fura Answers Matrim N/A NAI    
67 D1 67 Pyro Thinks renowned are alignment scanners. If evil would know this not to be case Mild village    
68 D1 68 Karnage Poke votes God King, retracts from Fura for posting Not helpful use of votes. Consistent. NAI God King Fura
69 D1 69 Arraenae Win con analysis. Useful information. NAI    
70 D1 70 Araris Votes on Karnage for poke voting only Fair enough vote. Mild village Karnage  
71 D1 71 Orlok Multiquote. Thinks Emi village. Worried about Xino, Coda, Straw, Pyro Needs to get some sleep Village    
72 D1 72 Matrim Says his vote is staying on Archivist, but agrees with Orlok re worry about Coda Seems to believe in poke votes. NAI    
73 D1 73 Elkanah Says Coda's behaviour is standard for them. Won't vote on KArnage as tunnelled on them last game. Useful information. NAI    
74 D1 74 Pyro Again says he has never been mafia. Says he is disappointed not to be soemthing interesting. Very strong gut against this. EVIL    
75 D1 75 Matrim Asks what NAI means Would probably be asked in elim doc if in one Mild village    
76 D1 76 Elkanah Apologises for using acronym N/A NAI    
77 D1 77 Straw Says language picked up by Orlok is normal for him. Says suspicious of Xino, Pyro, Karnage. Will be fine with Pyro if he starts posting. Lots of connections. NAI    
78 D1 78 Arraenae Tells Orlok that people are saving PMs True, misses Orlok's point NAI    
79 D1 79 Pyro Does basic role analysis Not alignment indicative posting. Doesn't give information on relationships between players. NAI    
80 D1 80 Fura Does elim count analysis. Suggests 9 eliminators. V useful post. High elim count - not downplaying Mild village    
81 D1 81 Straw Asks Pyro for reads. Asks Orlok why he village reads Emi. V sensible post re Pyro. Mild village    
82 D1 82 Straw Answers Joe N/A NAI    
83 D1 83 Matrim Asks Straw if he passed his test N/A NAI    
84 D1 84 Pyro Says Wilson being weird makes it hard to read her. Queries whether this is her point? Thinks Matrim playing oddly. Village reads Karnage. Says Straw and Orlok making a big deal of his posting differently, but Straw being reasonable. Can't spell my name. Disagree with most of his analysis, but appreciate him putting it there Unsure    
85 D1 85 Sart Vote count. Votes on Straw for not giving his own reads, and to force a vote. Thinks Karnage playing normally. Agree with him. Mild village Straw  
86 D1 86 Matrim Says he poke voted Archivist. Says Straw leaving vote on Araris is odd. Poke voting isn't useful. Fair observation re Straw. Unsure    
87 D1 87 Pyro Votes on Straw for leaving vote on Araris Better than nothing Unsure - revisit if Straw dies Straw  
88 D1 88 Straw Replies to Araris, says he has given thoughts on players. Gives further reads. Kynedath village for helping players. HH elim read due to waffle. NAI on Coda. Araris suspicious. Wilson suspiciousish. Then says "Araris posted?" Moves vote to Xino. Great that giving reads. V useful. Araris read then question whether they've posted v. odd. Ask about this. Unsure but useful Xino Araris
89 D1 89 Pyro Elkanah posting a lot not saying much. Moves vote from Straw to Elkanah Vote on Straw NAI. Possibly distancing. Unsure Elkanah Straw
90 D1 90 Karnage Asks what is wrong with poke voting. Says Orlok shouldn't think they are a villager just because he forgot the elim doc exists. Identifies Pyro's post trying to slip under the radar. No vote on Pyro for this? Village gut on this post. Moderate village read    
91 D1 91 Xino Vote count. Gives reads. Trusts Elkanah on gut. Says he doesn't agree with Orlok's vote on Straw. Sart vote based on false information. Votes on Sart for bandwagonning. Seems justifiable belief. Mild village Sart  
92 D1 92 Araris Defends Sart, suspicious of Xino. Fair enough. Mild village    
93 D1 93 Matrim Village read Straw for honest contributions. Village reads Pyro. Slight elim reads on Sart and Araris. Elim read on Elkanah for joke. Xino gut village. Still poke voting Archivist Elim read on Elkanah odd. Misunderstanding of game makes me think doesn't have a team. Mild village    
94 D1 94 Elkanah Says doesn't want to lynch active players N/A NAI    
95 D1 95 God King Says he is lurking. Terrible strategy. That he's admitting to it is less likely if evil. Mild village    
96 D1 96 BR Points out to Matrim that eliminators less likely to make jokes. Reads it as NAI for Elkanah. Doesn't want to lynch Straw when he is this active. Thinks Pyro NAI. Village vibe for Fura. Defends Pyro again. Strong connection with Pyro Moderate evil.    
97 D1 97 Pyro Informs BR that when retractign a vote you have to place a new one N/A NAI    
98 D1 98 BR Correcting misunderstanding N/A NAI    
99 D1 99 Kynedath Rules analysis. Dispersion less important than had initially thought. Reads: BR neutral, but post suspicious. Xino not suspicious for going through roles. Like Straw's activity. Doesn't like lynch on Karnage. Suspicious of DeTess. Bad gut on God King. Reads feel genuine. Agree re Karnage. Disagree re DeTess. Mild village.    
100 D1 100 Zillah Thinks Kynedath's attempt at new playstyle leans vilage. Elkanah's joke NAI. Suspicious of Sart for adding pressure to Straw. Disagrees with Xino that Sart is bandwagoning. Asks Matrim why he thinks Xino leans elim. Reads feel genuine. Particularly like nuance on Sart. Mild village    
101 D1 101 Pyro God King a lurker Obviously NAI    
102 D1 102 Emi Says they're here N/A NAI    
103 D1 103 God King Admits to lurking - only posted to vote next cycle We should lynch lurkers on policy. Moderate village read    
104 D1 104 Arraenae Deep dive on Straw. Thinks no WGG if Straw evil. Thinks possible connection between Straw and Araris. Identifies lack of vote on Xino. Thinks Straw is acting like Orlok used to by pushing others for reads. Thinks Straw lynch would be information rich, but enjoys Straw's new playstyle. Wants to leave him alove for a few more turns. Votes on Sart as disagrees with him on Straw. Red flag at Straw acting like "old!Orlok". I had a very, very high rate of being evil during that period. Mild village Sart  
105 D1 105 BR Says she is feeling better but is meant to be asleep N/A NAI    
106 D1 106 Emi RP N/A NAI    
107 D1 107 Striker Confused by God King, and by suspicion on Straw. Thinks Straw's playstyle is typical of him in recent games. Suspicion of Straw not driven by playstyle Mild evil    
108 D1 108 Orlok Explains info-gathering lynch logic on Straw Anyone who comments on this to me gets a prize. Village    
109 D1 109 BR Doesn't want to lynch most active player for info gathering, so against lynching Straw. Second connection with Straw. Possible teammates? Mild evil    
110 D1 110 DeTess Asks Orlok to explain village read on Emi. Responds to Kynedath's question on their activity. Says Pyro is playing very defensively. Doubts there are nine eliminators due to early stage LyLo. Thinks Araris and Sart not teammates. Votes on Fura, suspicious of Pyro, God King. I should probably respond to this at some point. Agree strongly re Pyro. Agree re Araris and Sart. Mild village Fura  
111 D1 111 Silberfarben RP, will be inactive going forward N/A NAI    
112 D1 112 Coda Defends Straw. Thinks Straw a villager. DOes not think anyone is suspicious. Strong link with Straw, obviously. Teammates if either evil? Mild evil    
113 D1 113 Straw Disagrees with Orlok's views on information lynching. Thinks it corrupts information you get. THinks we should focus on suspicion. Well made argument. NAI    
114 D1 114 Karnage Questions Araris on his willingness to bandwagon but not poke vote. Thinks Sart and Araris are on a team. Strong disagreement on both points. Bandwagon here generates much more information. Poke votes totally useless. Mild evil    
115 D1 115 Orlok Explains view on information imbalance. Clearly hasn't properly read Straw's post re corrupted information Village    
116 D1 116 Matrim Suspicious of Xino because everyone else is. Village reads Orlok, Straw, BR, Kynedath. Elim reads Sart, God King, Araris. Votes on Sart, retracts from Archivist Weak reasoning, but unafraid to post weak reasoning. Disagree with almost all reads. Mild village Sart Archivist
117 D1 117 Shard of Reading Apologises for inactivity. Defends Straw because first round lynches inaccurate, doesn't sound like an eliminator, seems to be drawing information out of people. Bizarre reasoning - first point would apply to anyone. Unsure why singling Straw out - inexperienced and defending teammate? Likely evil if Straw evil. Moderate evil.    
118 D1 118 Emi Asks where we vote Utter confusion Village    
119 D1 119 Matrim Explains how you vote N/A NAI    
120 D1 120 Straw Responds to Orlok on infolynching. Thinks Sart and Araris suspicious. Thinks Pyro and Xino suspicious, but less so than earlier. Asks Emi what they feel like about Orlok village reading them. Surprised by belief that both Sart *and* Araris evil. THink if so, either or. Mild village    
121 D1 121 Emi Talks about changing vote colour N/A NAI    
122 D1 122 Experience Comments on Straw. Thinks he isn't a Serial Killer. Votes on God King. God King lynch is ultra low information. Waste of a cycle. Why comment on Straw? Mild evil God King  
123 D1 123 Kynedath Thinks infolynching weak. Brutal philosophy that encourages inactivity. Suspicious of Orlok. Disagree, but understand sentiment. NAI    
124 D1 124 God King Says doesn't bother engaging D1 because nothing good comes out of it Wouldn't D2 be the same if we didn't engage D1? NAI    
125 D1 125 Straw Disagrees with God King's logic Eminently sensible NAI    
126 D1 126 Shard of Reading Asks what C1 is N/A NAI    
127 D1 127 Kynedath Answers Shard of Reading re C1 N/A NAI    
128 D1 128 Straw Answers Shard of Reading re C1 N/A NAI    
129 D1 129 Shard of Reading Asks for explanation without acronyms N/A NAI    
130 D1 130 God King Gets very defensive at Straw's challenge. Says they can't contribute to analysis. Felt like genuine feeling wrt Straw. Probably not both evil. Unsure    
131 D1 131 Kynedath Explains acronyms N/A NAI    
132 D1 132 God King Explains length of cycles N/A NAI    
133 D1 133 Straw Explains acronyms N/A NAI    
134 D1 134 Matrim Asks Silberfarben and Dot for reads as they have RPed but not posted Sensible request NAI    
135 D1 135 Shard of Reading Votes to lynch the God King for trying to "stall" What does he mean by stalling? God King almost our worst possible lynch. Mild evil    
136 D1 136 Striker Agrees with Straw re infolynch. N/A NAI    
137 D1 137 God King Seems bitter about Shard's response Unlikely Shard and God King on a team. If evil would be trying harder to stay alive? Mild village    
138 D1 138 Shard of Reading Asks people not to read too much into his vote. Deep gut feeling against this. Moderate to strong evil    
139 D1 139 DeTess Points out God King flying under radar, can't complain about lynch votes. N/A NAI    
140 D1 140 Matrim Clarifies Shard's meaning re "moving" Siblings? NAI    
141 D1 141 Shard of Reading Complains about having to think. Gut evil Moderate evil.    
142 D1 142 God King Has no analysis, didn't want to post. Anyone can analyse. Unsure    
143 D1 143 Matrim Reading NAI on God King None NAI    
144 D1 144 DeTess Thinks God King likely non-elim given motive. Asks God King to contribute later. Agree strongly Moderate/strong village    
145 D1 145 Straw Encourages GOd King to be active N/A NAI    
146 D1 146 Emi Votes on Kynedath No rationale, probably villager Mild village Kynedath  
147 D1 147 Kynedath Asks why Emi voted on them N/A NAI    
148 D1 148 Emi Voted on Kynedath because it was "all too good" Unsure what they mean. Potential liability in late game even if village? NAI    
149 D1 149 Kynedath Asks for explanation from Emi N/A NAI    
150 D1 150 Emi Misunderstands Kynedath N/A NAI    
151 D1 151 Straw Also asks for Emi's reason for their vote Seems clear enough that Emi is confused. Wanting to seem active/helpful? NAI    
152 D1 152 Emi Says vote on Kynedath just felt right. Apologises. Feels like no ulterior motives here. Young? Mild village    
153 D1 153 Kynedath Asks Emi to retract vote and place it elsewhere if they have any other suspicions N/A NAI    
154 D1 154 Straw Gives Emi benefit of the doubt Only sensible answer here NAI    
155 D1 155 Pyro Thinks Emi suspicious. Retracts Elkanah, votes on Emi. Thinks Orlok suspicious. Disagree vehemently re Emi. Strong evil Emi Elkanah
156 D1 156 Emi Says they will retract their vote Needs to read rules again Moderate village    
157 D1 157 Kynedath Explains retraction mechanic to Emi Remarkably tolerant. NAI    
158 D1 158 Emi Says they will reread thread then vote again N/A NAI    
159 D1 159 Pyro Says Emi clearly doesn't have any other reads Give the new player some leeway! Thinks Emi an easy lynch? Mild evil    
160 D1 160 Emi Says they are still learning Genuine Mild village    
161 D1 161 Pyro Says voting for Emi to be more aggressive Be more aggressive when you have good reason, not to get an easy lynch. Mild evil    
162 D1 162 Karnage Asks if people saw his post N/A NAI    
163 D1 163 Straw Provides vote count N/A NAI    
164 D1 164 Striker Votes on Karnage as logic in posts feels weird. DOesn't like how Karnage feels Sart and Araris in alignment. Agree that Sart and Araris not bound together. Unsure Karnage  
165 D1 165 Emi Says they agree with Striker, ask how they change their vote Looking for easy alternative? Mild evil    
166 D1 166 Matrim Corrects Straw's vote count N/A NAI    
167 D1 167 Straw Explains to Emi how to change vote. Says Orlok, Wilson, Sart have been quiet. Thinks Orlok writing a long post. Doesn't make any analysis - just comments that they have been quiet. NAI    
168 D1 168 Matrim Not sure why people voting om Karnage To be honest, I don't really see it either. Karnage just feels like a blind spot to me Unsure    
169 D1 169 Shard of Reading Further corrects Straw's vote count N/A NAI    
170 D1 170 DeTess Heading off for the night and possibly cycle N/A NAI    
171 D1 171 Straw Asks DeTess for last minute reads N/A NAI    
172 D1 172 Karnage Voted on Sart because thinks Sart and Araris teammates, and so evil. Araris has no posts. Logical enough, even if I disagree. Don't see evil read from this. Mild village    
173 D1 173 Emi Retracts Kynedath, votes Karnage Bandwagoning Mild evil Karnage Kynedath
174 D1 174 Araris Poke votes useless. Addresses Karnage's suspicion of him. Sensible enough riposte. Agree on poke votes. Mild village    
175 D1 175 Striker Explains suspicion of Karnage comes from Karnage's post attacking Sart and Araris Feels genuine Mild village    
176 D1 176 Karnage Suggests bandwagons better in the second half of the cycle. Reaffirms belief that Araris and Sart are teammates. Disagree on both. NAI    
177 D1 177 Pyro Finds inconsistency in Karnage's views on poke votes. Retracts Emi, votes Karnage Good observation. Agree that probably trying to save themselves. Don't think that is alignment indicative here. NAI Karnage Emi
178 D1 178 Emi Says Karnage going to be eliminated N/A NAI    
179 D1 179 Straw Responds to Emi N/A NAI    
180 D1 180 Matrim Asks for vote count N/A NAI    
181 D1 181 Karnage Thinks he has been consistent. Thinks Sart, Araris, Striker and Pyro on a team. Accepting of death. Disagree re team. Don't get evil gut read here Unsure    
182 D1 182 Archivist Gut village on Straw, gut eliminator on God King and Sart None Unsure    
183 D1 183 Orlok Large post #1 Needs to go to bed. Village Pyro Straw

Summary, given none of you read that:

Strong elim reads on:
Pyro
Shard of Reading (worst post for me being #117).

Milder elim reads on:
Straw (see connections to Shard of Reading, Coda, BR
BR (see connections to Pyro, Straw)

Coda

Mild village reads:
Wilson
Araris
Sart

Village reads:
Matrim
Emi
Kynedath
DeTess
God King

I'm going to remove my vote from Pyro, although I am convinced he is evil, and return my vote to Straw. For me, there is too much of a connection going on around Straw, with new players coming out of nowhere to defend him with arguments that read to me only as fabrication. I think the attempted lynch on God King by a number of players involved in this circle was opportunism. Lynching Straw, for me, gives very high quality information on a set of players I am suspicious of.

6 minutes ago, Sart said:

Suspect Straw (5): Wilson, Orlok, Young Pyromancer, Furamirionind, Sart

Check again. I don't know about the rest of your list, but I'm actually neutral on straw. Yeah, he was after me for a bit, but he actually explained what he wanted me to do. He's been consistent, which is my big concern with Karnage, and he's explained what he wants me to do instead of just saying he's suspicious of me, unlike Orlok. He's good enough that it could all be fake, and there are some other problems with him, but right now lots of others are worse IMO.

After going through the last couple posts and making some small comments on a couple of people's posts the Gods of Luck and Chance reverted my editor to a previous comment that was borderline insanity, so here's my somewhat sane comments.

For analysis on this cycle. I feel both the vote for Straw and Sart are off. I haven't seen any real reasons but it's cycle one so the data from either of them dying could keep us going for a couple cycles. Karnage seems like a traditional bandwagon of opportunity.  

5 minutes ago, The_God_King said:

After going through the last couple posts and making some small comments on a couple of people's posts the Gods of Luck and Chance reverted my editor to a previous comment that was borderline insanity, so here's my somewhat sane comments.

For analysis on this cycle. I feel both the vote for Straw and Sart are off. I haven't seen any real reasons but it's cycle one so the data from either of them dying could keep us going for a couple cycles. Karnage seems like a traditional bandwagon of opportunity.  

I like how your post just repeats stuff that other people have said. Several people think Karnage is fishy, and Straw and Sart are two other frontrunners currently. Your post is just trying to blend in by restating popular opinions, which is a very suspicious tactic for someone not under a lot of pressure.

1 hour ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Shard of Reading (worst post for me being #117).

So, in my defense I made my statements off the assumption that this would be like regular mafia and that first round lynchings are made with almost no information provided but I had no idea how much you would be able to read into from posts. The statements I made were made off of previous experience of IRL mafia and I did not realize how inaccurate they would be in this type of game.

That was quite a post, Orlok. 9/10 would read. On post 62, you say that Pyro self-votes. 

@Dot, @Lord_Silberfarben, care to share game thoughts?

@Hammond42, care to speak?

Sorry for the false post. I tried indenting, ended up switching to the submit button, and tried to create a new row, submitting my incomplete response.

Analysis to follow (tomorrow, C2, assuming I survive) .

Edited by Mist

8 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I like how your post just repeats stuff that other people have said. Several people think Karnage is fishy, and Straw and Sart are two other frontrunners currently. Your post is just trying to blend in by restating popular opinions, which is a very suspicious tactic for someone not under a lot of pressure.

While my opinions aren't alone I haven't gotten a good answer on why anyone would lynch them. I'm having trouble reading what your intentions are outside of trying to support all three lynches which is a move an elim might do to try to connect with as many villagers as they can.  

1 hour ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Clarifies Shard's meaning re "moving"          Siblings?

I laughed aloud when I saw this :lol:

He just has posted that he does this in the non-forum mafia game, that's how I know.

I'm signing off for the night, won't be back until next cycle. Leaving my vote on Sart, though his most recent post (albeit it was awhile ago) lessens my suspicions of him.

Vote count:

• Sart(4): Xino, Arraenae, Karnage, Matrim's Dice
  • Straw (3): Wilson, Fura, Orlok 
  • Karnage (5): Araris, StrikerEZ, Emi, Pyro, Sart 
  • The God King (3): Experience, Shard of Reading, The_Archivist 
  • Furamirionind (2): DeTess, Straw                                         
  • Matrim’s_Dice (1): Hemalurgic Headshot

I still don't understand why Karnage is getting lynched, to be honest. Or why people are suspicious of Straw. Both seem driven by the idea of 'day 1 lynch' which isn't a bad idea, in no way, but I think it should be smartly done. I am more suspicious, now after re-reading some of the pages, of Emi. The brief Kynedath lynch attempt seemed random and her vote change to Karnage seemed driven by Striker more then it seemed like a conscious decision, to me at least. 

I don't know. I didn't expect 230+ posts in the first cycle of my first game. I'm leaving my vote on Sart because it would have absolutely no effect moved over to Emi.

See y'all tomorrow 

@Shard of Reading This should be accurate:

Sart(4): Xino, Arraenae, Karnage, Matrim's Dice,
Straw (3): Wilson, Fura, Orlok,
Karnage (5): Araris, StrikerEZ, Emi, Pyro, Sart,
The God King (3): Experience, Shard of Reading, The_Archivist,
Furamirionind (2): DeTess, Straw,                                        
Matrim’s_Dice (1): Hemalurgic Headshot,

Oof, got ninja'd.

Edited by StrikerEZ

Oh geez...I knew this would happen if I was busy all day. I have about 2 hours to catch up before I'm busy again for the evening. Let's see what I can do in that time. The lynch looks insanely close with that vote update. Thanks Striker by the way. Will try and do my best to catch up and be back.

22 minutes ago, The_God_King said:

While my opinions aren't alone I haven't gotten a good answer on why anyone would lynch them. I'm having trouble reading what your intentions are outside of trying to support all three lynches which is a move an elim might do to try to connect with as many villagers as they can.  

I don't support all three lynches, and Karnage's back and forth has discussed several times. Even Orlok acknowledges that there's a point to it, as viewed in his review of post #177. He states that I made a good observation, though that doesn't make me more or less likely to be a Constable in that particular case. I have also stated several times that while I'm slightly suspicious of Straw, I am against lynching active voters early for a variety of reasons, and several other people are more suspicious than he. I have not posted any thoughts on the Sart lynch that I can recall, and I have said that some of TGK's stuff was shifty. That's one of three.