Sorana

On 12/9/2020 at 5:12 PM, Ookla the Uscritic said:

Everything's pretty inactive at the moment. And that conversation in particular has been going on slowly for months. There's a semi-active interaction between my character and Ashbringer's in Mac's Boardinghouse, if you want to join in with something, but I don't know if it's going to go anywhere. We're stalled because the person running the main plot went inactive, and the rest of us don't really know how to proceed. You might be able to reawaken something, though, if you care to try.

Things are re-awakening on our end over here, so this might be somewhere someone can jump in at a later time, at least plot-wise. I think this thread specifically may fade out as our characters enter another thread. But if anyone is interested in joining the DA more generally, feel free to ping me or any of the members. We're still recruiting! ;)

On 12/6/2020 at 7:44 PM, Voidus said:

"'There's always a price'" Laurelai quoted "I can't say that I know what it would be exactly but some things are worth any price."

There's always a price... 

The words stirred something within Lita, a phantom memory, something that faded almost as soon as it emerged. A figure shrouded in the mist of her subconscious, a tiny throb of pain in her side. She shook her head a bit. Almost without thinking, Lita reached into her sleeve and withdrew the oddly heavy coin she'd found earlier that evening. She walked it across her knuckles as she slid the pin out of Laurelai's fingers and placed it back into her headdress.

"Any price, you say?" Lita grinned. "I'll have to quote those words back to you at some point, I suspect. What is that saying...? 'The spirit may be willing, but the flesh is weak'? Many have claimed devotion right up until steel met skin."

Her grin turned slightly predatory, and she slipped the coin back into her sleeve. "What would you say to sharing the next drink in my office?"

Lita stood and tapped the end of her cigarette into her glass, listening to the dregs of the fine port sizzle as it met ash. "I promise you'll find the journey most...invigorating." 

After your reply, want to skip to the DA thread?

On 12/11/2020 at 2:05 PM, ZincAboutIt said:

Her grin turned slightly predatory, and she slipped the coin back into her sleeve. "What would you say to sharing the next drink in my office?"

Lita stood and tapped the end of her cigarette into her glass, listening to the dregs of the fine port sizzle as it met ash. "I promise you'll find the journey most...invigorating." 

"Well." Laurelai replied, letting the pin be pulled from her grip and following it with a curious gaze for a moment before pulling her attention back to Lita. "If there's any night for an invigorating journey which ends in more drinks it's this night isn't it?"

Laurelai was briefly distracted by the smoke spiraling from Lita's glass, the last dying puff of her cigarette that had been extinguished. She felt something pass across her mind for a moment but before she could register it as anything more as oddly familiar she winced as she felt a sharp pain in the temple. Briefly the smoke-scent seemed stronger and somehow changed, more burnt-wood and less tobacco smoke.

With a swift shake to her head Laurelai dispelled both the sensation and the pain. It had likely just been a slight flaw in one of her Essence Marks, even a talented Forger couldn't get them perfect every time and mistakes were a part of life she was well accustomed to. But now was not the time to focus on failures, today was a resounding success that bordered on a miracle. True she had yet to actually see what Lita had to offer, but the very fact that Laurelai got so little of a read on the other woman was evidence enough. She could pick out most confidence tricksters, thieves and scam artists at a hundred paces, and while Lita certainly had the confidence for it there was something about her that spoke to the fact that she had not settled into such a small-time role.

"So an invigorating journey, the promise of a drink and rumors of steel meeting skin is it? Quite the common combination of events on this night, I'm sure it's playing out all over the city." Laurelai said before standing with a smile and lowering her volume. "But somehow I don't expect most of those stories to unfold quite the same way this will."

Motioning for Lita to lead the way, Laurelai took a moment to smooth her dress and adjust her posture before following, chin held aloft and mind whirling with speculation as to what was about to happen.

Yep, DA thread seems appropriate now.

• 4 months later...