Sorana

"Alright," Brin said.

Before you could say "scary skiing Skybreaker", Brin had lashed himself up into the air, making his way to the top of the building. He summoned Trill to slash apart a piece of debris hurtling towards them.

He landed at the top, and the fire raged around him. Brin's lungs were immediately overwhelmed by smoke, so he lifted his overcoat to cover his mouth as he waded through the burning building. Too rushed to find a fire escape to take him down, Brin cut himself a hole in the roof, and landed in an empty room. Thankfully, most were out at the Festival tonight, so there would be a minimal amount of people in the building, which happened to be a modest apartment.

He Divided the next wall, which he immediately regretted. Fire tore up towards him. In the next room, there was a mother holding her baby, covering their mouths against the swirling smoke. Brin yelled for them to come with him, and once they had latched on to him, he lashed them all up and out of the building.

He carefully maneuvered them to safety, and handed the baby back to its mother.

Brin motioned to Althea and Max, standing statically. "Mates, c'mon! I'll need some help!"

@Sorana @I think I am here.

Just now, Rushu42 said:

Just so you know, we called the Alleycity Watch in another thread. You can have them show up sometime if you want.

The other thread being the Scholar Guild thread

Tyrian looked at the... thing in front of him. It looked like a cross between a dog and a man, but it didn't look like it should be alive. It had definitely came for him, and it claimed to have been sent by Silas.

Silas. The one he had came to rescue. The one who had such power. The one he would need as an ally in this city.

The one who had abandoned him.

"Fine. Take me to Silas. I also have a... need of him."

Just assume Tyrian goes with the Servant, but don't expect him to be very... happy to see Silas again, at least initially.

5 hours ago, BringerOfLight said:

"Alright," Brin said.

Before you could say "scary skiing Skybreaker", Brin had lashed himself up into the air, making his way to the top of the building. He summoned Trill to slash apart a piece of debris hurtling towards them.

He landed at the top, and the fire raged around him. Brin's lungs were immediately overwhelmed by smoke, so he lifted his overcoat to cover his mouth as he waded through the burning building. Too rushed to find a fire escape to take him down, Brin cut himself a hole in the roof, and landed in an empty room. Thankfully, most were out at the Festival tonight, so there would be a minimal amount of people in the building, which happened to be a modest apartment.

He Divided the next wall, which he immediately regretted. Fire tore up towards him. In the next room, there was a mother holding her baby, covering their mouths against the swirling smoke. Brin yelled for them to come with him, and once they had latched on to him, he lashed them all up and out of the building.

He carefully maneuvered them to safety, and handed the baby back to its mother.

Brin motioned to Althea and Max, standing statically. "Mates, c'mon! I'll need some help!"

@Sorana @I think I am here.

Mari looked over the the man who flew up into the air, as well as the two people who seemed to know what was going on and walked over as well. "What happened here?" She asked. "Also," she continued, "is there a way I can help? I can manipulate my own mass, if that helps." Her bracelets were still visible, so they'd probably think she was a Skimmer, or possibly an Epic, if she did something weirder.

She looked at the burning building, wondering how she could even help. She wasn't immune to fire, after all. The most she could do was move a bit quicker, or have some additional mass to throw around, or with a lot of effort possibly carrying people by making them a bit lighter.

Just now, kenod said:

Mari looked over the the man who flew up into the air, as well as the two people who seemed to know what was going on and walked over as well. "What happened here?" She asked. "Also," she continued, "is there a way I can help? I can manipulate my own mass, if that helps." Her bracelets were still visible, so they'd probably think she was a Skimmer, or possibly an Epic, if she did something weirder.

She looked at the burning building, wondering how she could even help. She wasn't immune to fire, after all. The most she could do was move a bit quicker, or have some additional mass to throw around, or with a lot of effort possibly carrying people by making them a bit lighter.

"I appreciate the offer, mate, but the fire brigade should be here soon, and it's too dangerous if you can't heal yourself." Brin said. "Look, best thing you can do is help out the victims."

Brin pointed towards the mother and her baby.

He heard sirens coming their way, and fire brigade trucks pulled up to the building.

"Finally!" Brin exclaimed as his Stormlight dissipated. He plopped down to sit on the floor. He wiped soot off of his face, tucked his sweat-slicked eyebrows behind his ears, and fanned himself with his masked. "Storms, I need a drink."

@Sorana @I think I am here. @kenod

6 minutes ago, BringerOfLight said:

"I appreciate the offer, mate, but the fire brigade should be here soon, and it's too dangerous if you can't heal yourself." Brin said. "Look, best thing you can do is help out the victims."

Brin pointed towards the mother and her baby.

He heard sirens coming their way, and fire brigade trucks pulled up to the building.

"Finally!" Brin exclaimed as his Stormlight dissipated. He plopped down to sit on the floor. He wiped soot off of his face, tucked his sweat-slicked eyebrows behind his ears, and fanned himself with his masked. "Storms, I need a drink."

@Sorana @I think I am here. @kenod

Mari gave a slight smile. "I should be able to take care of that," she said as she gave him a bottle she had bought earlier. It was a particular drink she had found a while ago that came from some Earth world, a carbonated drink that tasted somewhat of lemon. She looked as the fire brigade got underway putting out the flames. "So," she said in a more serious tone, "Now that the traditional yearly arson case is being taken care off, can someone fill me in on what happened? I just heard some commotion and came this way, seems I only ended up catching the end of it."

Edited by kenod

1 minute ago, kenod said:

Mari gave a slight smile. "I should be able to take care of that," she said as she gave him a bottle she had bought earlier. It was a particular drink she had found a while ago that came from some Earth world, a carbonated drink that tasted somewhat of lemon. She looked as the fire brigade got underway putting out the flames. "So," she said in a more serious tone, "Now that the traditional yearly arson case is being taken care off, can someone fill me in on what happened? I just heard some commotion and came this way, seems I only ended up catching the end of it."

Brin chugged at the drink that the woman had given him. It was amazing. 

"Well, mate, storm me if I know. There was this giant koloss-looking bloke on a rampage. I heard something about a prison van? Whatever. Thanks for the drink, mate, I owe you. M'names Flightless. Captain Brin Flightless. What's yours?"

Mate? Mari wondered, then shrugged it off. "Mari," she said after a slight hesitation, "Mari Enriel." She wondered if anyone would still recognize the name, probably not, given how long ago all that was. She could barely remember it herself anymore, something she wasn't sure if she should be happy or sad about.

"So someone went on a rampage and something might have happened with a prison van,"  she nodded in confirmation, moving on with the conversation. "The fire though..." She looked at the other two people. Neither of the two looked liked like the types to just start a fire like that, but you'd never know. Still, more likely that it was whoever got away. "Given that he was on a rampage, maybe a fire Epic?" She wondered aloud. "I guess a Division fabrial might work too, or a fire Aon. No, not an Aon, activating one takes a Elantrian, that would probably be recognizable, unless illusions were involved, of course. Fire Epic would make the most sense, though maybe a Dustbringer would work too? They'll need to check the warranty on their spren though in that case. Maybe a really deranged Skybreaker? I really want to know what kind of law would justify burning down buildings though. Law of the jungle?"

Now I really want to see a Skybreaker who dedicates themselves to the Law of the Jungle as their third Ideal.

Edited by kenod

Relief flodded through her body when the firebrigade arrived and swiftly took over. Good. Very good. If only because it meant, that she didn't need to step into the building again. She watched the Captain return as soon as they were here, grateful that she didn't need to go and look for him as well. The fact that he had rescued a few civilians spoke for him as well and she added him to her 'useful asset' list for the moment.

Turning her attention to the ongoing conversation between him and Mari she waited for a short pause before stepping in. Changing someones mass was a useful skill and the bracelets hinted at a feruchemic origin. She filed the information away, should they end up in another dangerous situation and listened, started to form a picture for herself of who they were and what they were doing.

"I'm Althea Tenira." she introduced herself with a polite nod towards Mari.

"The whole situation was a little more complicated than that." she made a vague gesture back down the street. "A, " she hesitated unsure how to refer to Eiran and then simply went with, "aquaintance of mine noticed the van moving slower than usual and we decided to head over, take a look at the situation. In the end the Van moved past us, into this street and here it was stopped by someone. A man, very tall, maybe with some koloss blood in his veins, or from a planet where slightly similar looking individuals live. Until we arrived there, the Van had stopped, the guards were corpses, with one exception. I checked the insides, and found the man recuing the prisoner who had been held inside. The prisoner feld, and the man ran down the street. I followed on my own, left the other three behind to see if it was possible to help the injured ones and to call in on the authorities."

Nodding towards the building she looked up at it, watched the men and women starting to fight the fire in a professional way." That was aout the point, the Captain joined us. The fight ended up in the building and I followed the man down, even below the foundation. I stopped him from going deeper, and he escaped through the stone. I supposed someone should take a look at that, ensure that the building, as well as the street and adjacent ones are still standing on solid ground. I can't estimate how much of the stone he destroyed while fleeing."

"I think you were present for the rest of it, as you were around when I left the building again." she finished and then turned her thoughts to the other topic the woman had brought up. "At the moment I suspect he was a Dustbringer, based on his excessive use of Division. The surge leaves different traces compared to an Epic's power, although of course a fabrial could have duplicated its effects. Still, I am pretts positive that I saw him glow before he massively used his abilities. If you take his general behaviour into account as well, I think Dustbringer fits him better than the alternate order able to use Division as well. But of course at the moment, it's still speculation, so I suggest its better to prepare for a different power set, than a Dustbringer usually has."

Falling silent she shifted her weight to her other foot, went over everything that happened again. "As I mentioned earlier, I have two leads how to find him. Down in that hole, I had the impression that he might be someone in need of help."

@BringerOfLight

@kenod

Edited by Sorana

Hmm. Trying to figure out where I should have Nnimm turn up. Right now it looks like there's the Tyrian aftermath, which is handled, and Vivi and Reval inside a speed bubble? Originally thought they could help find people, their natural strength is on their side and they've got tin but the fire brigade are here now so they probably don't need that. What do you guys think? Should they set off into the night and see what they run into, or could I have them accidentally run into one of the currently happening events?

"It's almost certainly Division," said Brin. "He's definitely a Radiant, and judging by his aggressiveness towards me, he's not a Skybreaker. I think I got a glimpse of his ashspren- he's a Dustbringer."

Brin redonned his mask, and finished his drink. "Look, mates, the action died down, the best thing we could do is hand over the information we have to the City Watch."

Brin stood up, and cracked his knuckles. "I need some storming alcohol in me, mates. Who wants to come get a drink with me?"

@Sorana @kenod

17 hours ago, SingingMosaic said:

Hmm. Trying to figure out where I should have Nnimm turn up. Right now it looks like there's the Tyrian aftermath, which is handled, and Vivi and Reval inside a speed bubble? Originally thought they could help find people, their natural strength is on their side and they've got tin but the fire brigade are here now so they probably don't need that. What do you guys think? Should they set off into the night and see what they run into, or could I have them accidentally run into one of the currently happening events?

I think you should have them run into a currently happening event. It'll introduce them to the current characters, and tie them into the story real quick.

15 hours ago, BringerOfLight said:

"It's almost certainly Division," said Brin. "He's definitely a Radiant, and judging by his aggressiveness towards me, he's not a Skybreaker. I think I got a glimpse of his ashspren- he's a Dustbringer."

Brin redonned his mask, and finished his drink. "Look, mates, the action died down, the best thing we could do is hand over the information we have to the City Watch."

Brin stood up, and cracked his knuckles. "I need some storming alcohol in me, mates. Who wants to come get a drink with me?"

@Sorana @kenod

Please try to avoid double posting, it's against the site's rules. If you'd like to add content you can always edit it into your post.

@BringerOfLight

===============

If you want to join this thread, as you mentioned we have only two active scenes. The one with Vivi and Reval (although I'm not sure anymore about the speedbubble part, that depends on Itiah's next post). Or you have this one, which is, as you mentioned nearly over. That doesn't mean, that you can't come and join, rp some conversations - and together we can always create another one. Additionally Althea wants to go and search for Tyrian, so if you are interested in that you could meet her, and then come along on the search. I'm not sure what will happen, that also depends on Ash as Tyrian is his character, but it's something you could participate in.

==============

Althea considered his proposal, head back to the festivities, celebrate a little. She wanted to go and look for the man, find out more about who he was, what he was doing here and if he needed help. His behaviour had been erratical, but without any additional information she couldn't decide wether or not he needed help. He was either a criminal with every inch of his body, or he was acting his way, because of something else. Some reason she didn't know about.

"That sounds like a good idea." she agreed, deciding that she had some time to spare. The other Radiant was gone, and she could head to the Scholar's guild quickly after a drink. Better to use this opportunity and build up some relationships, add a few names to her list of people she knew. At one point or the other she would be glad about it.

"I saw a stand selling wine and another one with a sortiment of whiskey back in the place around the bonfire."

Brin smiled.

"I spotted a Horneater place down the street, with some live performances out right in front. Their food's inedible, but their drinks are the best around. Max, Mari, up to you, mates."

Brin had been on vacation, yes, but he had been getting lonely only having Trillium for company. He was almost ecstatic to have a drinking group while in Alleycity. Before all the action, he was dreadfully bored.

@Sorana  @kenod @I think I am here.

7 hours ago, BringerOfLight said:

Brin smiled.

"I spotted a Horneater place down the street, with some live performances out right in front. Their food's inedible, but their drinks are the best around. Max, Mari, up to you, mates."

Brin had been on vacation, yes, but he had been getting lonely only having Trillium for company. He was almost ecstatic to have a drinking group while in Alleycity. Before all the action, he was dreadfully bored.

@Sorana  @kenod @I think I am here.

Mari shrugged. "As long as they've light or non-alcoholic stuff," she said. "I don't really like the idea of stuff that makes it harder to think." She doubted she had ever drunken enough to even get tipsy. Of course, there were other reasons for that. For one thing, an ability as finicky and likely to kill you when misused as hers made doing things that affected your mind rather problematic, as did the possibility of saying things that shouldn't be said, like her being part of the DA.

She looked at the building, and saw a shape in the fire, the flames billowing around it for a second, then snapping back to normal, but the outline was still visible, looking around. "On the other hand," she said, trying not to let what she just saw affect her expression, "It is a party, and a little bit wouldn't be that bad. I don't mind going."

Actually, does the Alleycity have a legal drinking age? Because I think Mari might be beneath it, at least for the heavier stuff.

8 hours ago, BringerOfLight said:

Max crossed his arms as the fire brigade arrived, the sirens’ echoes amplified by the alleys. He tapped a smidge of his metalminds and Rioted their determination, unsure whether it would work. Sometimes they’d have aluminium built in those helmets of theirs, so no bad guy could influence their mind while they tried to stop a fire. But Max had to try anyway. Those firemen deserved a bit of good Rioting, going around the city and doing their jobs on a night most were out celebrating.

He turned to Brin’s offer and the new girl who’d arrived on the scene. Things were quiet now, finally. Peaceful, at least somewhat. He glanced to Althea’s acceptance and looked towards Brin’s suggestion of a Horneater place.

“Sounds good to me,” he said, trying on a smile, though he was a bit top emotionally exhausted to make it genuine. But having a drink certainly sat well with him. “I might even get something to eat, despite your warnings. It can’t be that bad.”

7 hours ago, kenod said:

Actually, does the Alleycity have a legal drinking age? Because I think Mari might be beneath it, at least for the heavier stuff.

If yes, we've done a great job of ignoring it completely so far...

As we don't have an active tavern I suspect we'll stay in this thread?

"Then it's decided." Althea gave a curt nod and start to walk down the street the direction Brin had indicated. "You'll have to lead the way. I haven't been to this horneater place before."

She found herself relaxing gradually, behind them the firebrigade appeared to have the situation under control and the buliding was mostly empty by now. The girl mentioned drinking only non-alcoholic drinks and she looked her over again. She was young, maybe a bit older than Reval. Her words, her behaviour made her look a bit older, but now that she took her time she corrected the age she judge. She didn't strike her as unexperienced, but she still decided to keep an eye on her, make sure nobody took advantage of her age.

"If the food's as bad as you say, I might stop at a stall on our way there and get something to go. With all of this happening I haven't eaten in hours."

Brin smiled widely. "Alright, mates! The Cremling's Claw it is! We should discuss what to do next over drinks."

Brin made his way down to the Cremling's Claw, chattering as he went. It occurred to him that the pansies in Alleycity wouldn't approve of someone his age drinking, but storms, it's not like they would care. Make enough noise and have enough swagger that they'll ignore his age- that's typically what people do.

Brin reached into his jacket, brought out his flute, and played a sweet sprinkling of notes. He put it back in his jacket as they arrived at the Cremling's Claw, where he took a table in the open front of the bar.

"Horneater lager, please!" Brin called. "Mates, siddown here!"

Spoiler

Brin is also probably too young to be over the drinking age- he's 18. But he has enough energy and extravaganza that people (mostly) ignore it.

@Sorana @kenod @I think I am here.

On 19/06/2020 at 11:40 AM, Nohadon said:

Eishtar drew his gun and fired, aiming for the man's kneecap as the zealot lept backwards to gain distance, jumping out of the speedbubble, landing with an agility that didn't fit his frame. The crowd would have seen the flash but heard no gunshot, but he didn't care whether or not they noticed.

The words were angry and dripping with threatening connotations before Reval even saw the gun in the air. Everything after that seemed just ritual formality; the lantern light glinting off the polished metal, a dim light dwarfed by a fiery flash and a deafening boom as Reval leaped to the side, feeling a rush of air whiz past his leg and a bullet embedding itself into the concrete where he’d been standing. Though he knew he was in a speed bubble, everything seemed to be going in extra-slow motion.

He looked up. The man was already a small distance away. Quickly Reval looked down, but the bullet had made a hole through his cloak, not his leg, thankfully. Still, he had a few grazes from throwing himself into the ground to dodge, and before he could think of a counter-move his mind screamed at him about Vivi, and he suddenly regretted starting a duel in the middle of a celebration, with his sister around, no less. Too many variables, reminded the little voice in the back of his mind. Too many variables to ensure a win, and you still threatened him.

“Vivi!” He called out and jumped towards her. “We should run,” he said quickly. “Escape. No use fighting.”

He glanced at the cultist and hoped the man wouldn’t give chase. But if he did — well, Reval would have to think of something.

Edited by I think I am here.

Silas swirled his coffee as he lounged in his chair and listened to the telltale swish of the door opening, with the subsequent light, stalking steps of the Servant and the heavier steps of Tyrian.

"Now, Tyrian, before you make an attempt to kill me, I'll have you know that I only left for the purpose of getting dressed, because I cannot in good conscience make a business proposition dressed in a straightjacket."

@Ashbringer

Edited by bees?

On 23.6.2020 at 3:33 PM, I think I am here. said:

“Vivi!” He called out and jumped towards her. “We should run,” he said quickly. “Escape. No use fighting.”

Confused Vivi lifted her head, stared at him. Something had happened, so quickly that she had been completely surprised by it, that it. She grabbed his hand out of instinct, frightened by the stranger, by his words. "I tried to distract him." she replied and looked around, head turning this way and that way. There was no good place to run, to hide, there were too many people around him.

Choosing an random direction, she snatched her backpack from the ground, completely forgetting that it was partially open. With her free hand she swung it over her shoulder and then, never letting go of Reval's hand started to run. They were smaller than the man, with some luck they could vanish in the crowd without him being able to follow them. "Let's hide, go to a different place?"

On 6/23/2020 at 10:56 PM, bees? said:

Silas swirled his coffee as he lounged in his chair as he heard the telltale swish of the door opening, with the subsequent light, stalking steps of the Servant and the heavier steps of Tyrian.

"Now, Tyrian, before you make an attempt to kill me, I'll have you know that I only left for the purpose of getting dressed, because I cannot in good conscience make a business proposition dressed in a straightjacket."

Tyrian stared at Silas. He looked like a king, although more of a king by commerce then conquest. It was a large difference then his appearance in the van.

"You left me behind... to change your clothes," he growled. His crystal growth had busted out of the straightjacket easily, far before he had vanished. His fists clenched.

"You have a... proposition," he said coldly. "What is it?"

On 23/06/2020 at 11:33 PM, I think I am here. said:

"No use fighting, eh? But you were so quick to call me Psychotic you filthy heathen!" Eishtar yelled over the crowd. A speed bubble jumped up around him once more, unslinging his sniper and tapping sight from it, focusing on a point between Reval's shoulderblades. There was no scope to look down as Eishtar stabilized the long run against his shoulder, head straight, eyes forward.

He dropped the speed bubble once more and then pulled the trigger, the hiss of the bullet exiting the barrel covered up by the racous gunshot gave Eishtar no small amount of joy as he watched the projectile race forwards.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd I'm on holidays! Thanks for baring with me there, I'll be on much more now.

(That being said it's midnight in sydney so I'm going to go to sleep but I'll be on tommorow)