Sorana

On 05/06/2020 at 4:18 PM, Sorana said:

"Even Rainbowglow?" she added instead, trying to move the topic to something lighter. Maybe he would stop shouting at Rev if he thought she was interested in what he had to say. "Because she can glow. And when she is hurt, when my mum can wake her magic and she heals." A part of Vivi suspected that her mother had done something else when Rainbowglow had accidently lost a leg, but the memory of her mother taking her hands, placing them on the hurt animal and speaking the old formula had stayed in her mind. There had been some light and then Rainbowglow had her leg back, her fur was even fluffier than before. As if she had soaked up the magic and transformed. Beautiful. Vivi had never been able to find out what excatly had happened, and her mother had only smiled and asked her if she believed in magic. Vivi had agreed and now kept an eye on Rainbowglow, wondering when she would work her magic again.

Eishtar laughed softly, smiling at the girl.

"Especially Rainbowglow" Eishtar responded, that twisted grin returning to his face as he moved close to Vivi.
"Tell me child, are you, as the non-believers say, invested? It is a rare gift, something to be greatful for." Eishtar's eyes widened for a moment as he involuntarily flared bendalloy as the world around them came to an abrupt halt, his breath caught in his lungs as he stared at the frozen crowd.

Eishtar calmed himself and bent down to eye level
"Isarok has given you a gift, make sure it is used well, little one. I suggest you stop by our church sometime and listen to the father's sermons. They are enlightening."

Sorry for the delay folks, I've got exams starting tommorow so I'm gonna be posting a little bit less for the next 11 days or so

fyi: I typed this on mobile, sitting in a car, while my husband was driving, so feel free to keep any and all mistakes and put them on your wall. :P (no, but honestly, 90% that I won't have any connection for the weekend, so don't expect any reply on my part)

And regarding Althea: I don't leave any PC's standing around as stone statue, so don't worry about that. No one-hit moves from her either.

A third point, from me as a writer: I never had a good opportunity to write something about Althea's plate on screen, so if one could occur during the fight, it would be awesome ^_^

"Behind you."

Brashen warned her and she stepped a little to the side, so that her back faced another building. Another Radiant, or at least someone with a Shardbalde ran towards them and she immediatly summoned Brashen again. Feeling a little more secure with her softly glowing helbard in hand she continued her way along the street after a glance back at the rest of her group - this visible albeit a bit away. There were fine, no fighting going on there. And she could be with them within the blink of an eye. Reassured that this was nothing she had to care about right now, she focused back on her own situation.

The charred pavement led to a spot that she couldn't view completely, perfect for an ambush. Subtely wasn't the man's strength, but that didn't mean that he was no threat. Sephtis hadn't been subtle either. And he had turned villages and cities into a mess of churning flames with nothing more but a wave of his hand. And killed, not-killed Max. Not killed. Swallowing she reached out of their bond, searched for the feeling of Max on the other side. Not-killed. Only a trick he'd played with her senses. Nothing more. She was glad that there was no larger fire close by and that so far, nobody had decided to explode anything either. She had gotten better at warding the memories of, but they still distracted her, made her hands shake until she had herself under control again. And with two potential Radiants, with some luck nobody able to influence her mind would join this fight either.

"You're hiding over there." Althea called out and stopped moving, back still facing the wall. Until she knew wether the newcomer would fight with her or with the criminal, she had to keep an eye on both. "Step outside and let's talk. There is no need to fight." She had tried before and he had responded with throwing a corpse into her face, so she wasn't sure if this would have some kind of effect. Although in the end it was better to try, than to regret not trying later on. The chance was slim, but maybe they could still talk this out.

@Ashbringer

@BringerOfLight

Edited by Sorana

Brin caught up to the Radiant woman, and whispered, "Mate, I'm here to help."

He hoped he sounded reassuring. Trillium buzzed satisfactorily.

He deemed it safe to talk louder. "Look, could you tell me what's going on? I'm a Skybreaker, stopping this crem is kind of my job."

He knew they were looking for an angry kolloss-looking bloke. Brin had gotten a glimpse of the man, tall, large, and intimidating. He may not have been able to take him on alone, but with another Radiant at his side, the chances seemed better.

@Sorana @Ashbringer

No one's responded to me in the Scholar's Guild, so I'm just going to hop in here. 

Dr. Gears exited the Scholar's Guild and headed towards the masquerade. Everyone was there, and he needed to learn the habits of the people he was to interact with. As he approached, screams of pain reached his ears. It seemed that the party had devolved into a fight. That seemed to be par for the course in the Alleys, but it was unfortunate that he had not gotten to observe most of the battle. Witnessing people utilizing Investiture was a major priority.

He walked towards the sounds of battle and watched the goings-on with a detached manner. As the battle raged, he took notes.

2 hours ago, Gears said:

No one's responded to me in the Scholar's Guild, so I'm just going to hop in here. 

Sorry, I was getting to it. Alleyverse posts take me a long time to write, and I've been busy wrapping up my schoolwork. 

Althea teleported behind the van and began walking down the street. She called something back to Aln, but at this distance the words were indistinct. Moments later, the Elsecaller was joined by another figure, unfamiliar, carrying a gleaming Blade. Aln tensed, worried that it was an ambush, but the figure simply began to speak to Althea, using words that were too far away for Aln to read.

Aln cautiously began to move forwards, keeping the whole scene in view. It doesn't look like she needs my help much, she told Pel. As she squinted towards the scars of division that marked the street, a flicker of movement caught the corner of her eye. It was the corpse of the guard that had recently been thrown. Except.. it wasn't a corpse. The man's arm twitched again, and she dropped to his side, hastily pouring Stormlight into the man. He had a gaping wound in his side - another minute and he surely would have died of it. Even with most of her Stormlight depleted, the man was pale and unresponsive. If left on the battlefield, he didn't stand a chance. 

"Ben," she called urgently, "would you help me carry this man to safety? He's still alive!"

@Ashbringer

You had to yell Skybreaker in front of Tyrian. This is going to go not well. And by "not well" I mean hilarious, but actually, now Tyrian wants you very, very dead.

Depending on your point of view, Tyrian probably looks like the legends of Voidbringers than a real koloss. He's essentially grayscale in skintone, hair, and clothing, with very red eyes. (Well, one ruby-red eye, one ruby-red ruby in his eye socket.)

Tyrian crouched, sickles at the ready. The Radiant didn't seem to be fooled by his attempt to ambush, and they still couldn't see each other. But just a few more steps, and she'd be within reach of an Abrasion-fueled lunge.

Then another Radiant dropped out of the sky, Shardblade blazing in the night.

Tyrian's eyes went wide with shock. Then he slapped a palm to his forehead, careful to keep his sickle away from his face. His ruby was still secure. Then Cinder popped out from his hiding place in the crook of the wall. "Is that what I..."

Then the gleaming Radiant proclaimed the deadly words, "I'm a Skybreaker, stopping this crem is kind of my job."

Tyrian sucked in as much of the dead guard's stormlight he could hold. Then he rushed at the pair, fragmented plan forgotten in an instant, moving with pure rage. Abrasion guiding his feet, he smootly returned his right sickle to his back, swung his left for the the first Radiant's midsection, and stretched for a deadly Dividing grip at the -

"SKYBREAKER!!"

:-:-:-:-:-:

"What! Yeah, coming!" Byron replied, rushing to Aln's position and trying to get a grip on the man. "If you need to get more Stormlight, I can wait here and Pulse and keep him stable while you go find more spheres and - 

Then he heard a blood-curdling screech from where Althea had gone.

Byron froze. Oh, he knew that voice. He'd forgotten it, as he'd forgotten many things. But he knew it!

"Oh no," he whispered.

Althea was in very grave danger.

"WOAH!" Brin yelled, as the fugitive emerged, yelling for him. Oh, this is going to be fun, he couldn't help but think.

It's not meant to be fun, it's your duty, Trill said in his mind.

As he saw the fugitive's hand reaching for him, Stormlight draining from his body, Brin sucked in his own Stormlight from his pack of spheres and lashed himself upwards with a laugh.

"Woo!" he exclaimed, itching for a fight. And to think he didn't want to do this.

Brandishing his Shardcutlass, he lashed himself towards the ground in front of the other Radiant, reaching down to parry his sickle's deadly blow towards her. He smiled widely, and swung deftly for the koloss-blooded fugitive Radiant.

@Ashbringer @Sorana

Edited by BringerOfLight

The cultist walked towards Vivi and Reval didn’t move, stayed still. What good would a fight do? To start something for no reason. And then the cultist spoke.

“Tell me child, are you, as the non-believers say, invested? It is a rare gift, something to be greatful for."

Reval froze.

He turned, and stared back at the cultist. It was too much now, too many words and claims and the cultist was saying these things to Reval’s sister. Trying, trying to twist her mind and put her on his side. Trying to make her feel superior for being able to burn a storming piece of metal and gaining some magic power from it. Vivi would be able to handle it, Reval knew, would be able to pretend to be interested and wouldn’t believe it, but he also knew she was just a kid, and these things got stuck in kid’s minds. And Reval wasn’t going to let that happen.

And as if flexing this gift, this power, the world stopped, and Reval knew the man was using his Bendalloy again, slowing the world to a standstill in a gross show of power. Oh, the gall. To feel superior, to feel more than someone else. And yet, there was no denying that it was true.

The cultist was more than Reval. Reval couldn’t slow down time.

Vivi was more than Reval. Reval couldn’t shield himself from the effects of emotional Allomancy and magical detection.

It was a bitter medicine, but he had to swallow it. They both had something he hadn’t, something he would never have, that spark or soul or whatever it was that gave them powers. Walking forward, towards the cultist.

“It’s not a gift,” he stated. “It’s a tool, like any other. It’s not some divine right to do what you please.l

He walked close to the man, made sure to invade his space. “And neither is your psychotic religion,” he hissed. “So I’d suggest getting the storms out of here, before something happens.”

@Nohadon

Run first, think layer.

A solid enough tenet to follow in Max’s youth, he found that in an emergency, it almost always held up. Run first, wherever you have to. Away, forwards, towards an ally. Then think how to spin your situation into a victory. As Max raced between the crowd, pushing his way towards the location Althea broadcasted, his mind remained with the image of the Koloss-blooded man with a snarling expression. Unknown powers, Dustbringer. Powerful.

I’ll be right there, he responded, and realised the falsity of his words. If he kept running like this, obstructed by crowds and buildings and his own limitations, he was never going to make it in time, especially if Althea and the Dustbringer were running, themselves. It was a sickening realisation, a testament that sometimes, he just wouldn’t be able to help. But he ran anyway, ran until an idea struck his mind.

Outstretching a palm, the glittery-white form of Sethramir flashed in his hand, and with a firm twist of the hilt the sword transformed into a long, thin spear, and the wind itself seemed to curl around it, coaxed into movement, influenced by the legendary weapon. He held the spear down as he ran, looking towards the ground and taking a deep breath. And thrusting Sethramir down, Max felt the wind coalesce and shoot him upwards in a massive burst, the sudden rush of air extinguishing flame lanterns in a circle around him in a circle of darkness. He’d only briefly experimented with Sethramir’s wind-controlling powers, but he didn’t realise he could do this.

Feeling the air rush up past him as he rose, Max watched the buildings and lights become distant spots as he soared over him, realising that this wasn’t lashings or remotely flight, it was simply using the wind to propel him. He still needed to break his fall. Somehow. From high in the sky he could spot where Althea had said her location was, and directing Sethramir behind him, Max propelled himself in that direction, feeling as light as a twig as the wind shot him in that direction, towards that long, winding street, and the figures on it seemed to get bigger and bigger as Max plunged, his speed only increasing.

Letting out a long stream of curses, at the last second he thrust down Sethramir and a massive burst of wind erupted at his feet, throwing up a large cloud of dust and cushioning his fall, though he’d he lying if he said it hadn’t hurt. From the dust cloud he emerged, eyes wide in excitement at being so high up in the air. He waved at Althea.

“Hi!”

@Sorana @Ashbringer

Edited by I think I am here.

Okay... let's see how this goes.

Tyrian quickly drew his other sickle to slash aside the Skybreaker's blow. He growled. He hadn't really expected his deathgrip to work on a trained Radiant; it worked better when he actually had the element of suprise. So he kept his sickles between the two Radiants, then spun, trying to hit both Radiants at once. He'd keep his Allomancy as a backup in case anything got out of hand.

And then another Radiant fell out of the sky.

He didn't seem like a Skybreaker, Tyrian noted. Too... clumsy? He didn't seem as adept with Gravitation as he should have been. Still, he was probably a Windrunner and possibly a Skybreaker.

"I think this counts as out of hand," Cinder whispered. Three Radiants: one appeared to be summoning Plate, one was a Skybreaker, and the remaining was a very odd Windrunner.

Well, when in doubt, go for the greatest threat. Tyrian jumped into the air, lunging at the Skybreaker with two crossing slashes.

13 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Tyrian quickly drew his other sickle to slash aside the Skybreaker's blow. He growled. He hadn't really expected his deathgrip to work on a trained Radiant; it worked better when he actually had the element of suprise. So he kept his sickles between the two Radiants, then spun, trying to hit both Radiants at once. He'd keep his Allomancy as a backup in case anything got out of hand.

And then another Radiant fell out of the sky.

He didn't seem like a Skybreaker, Tyrian noted. Too... clumsy? He didn't seem as adept with Gravitation as he should have been. Still, he was probably a Windrunner and possibly a Skybreaker.

"I think this counts as out of hand," Cinder whispered. Three Radiants: one appeared to be summoning Plate, one was a Skybreaker, and the remaining was a very odd Windrunner.

Well, when in doubt, go for the greatest threat. Tyrian jumped into the air, lunging at the Skybreaker with two crossing slashes.

Another Radiant! Well, this day just keeps on getting better. Brin made a mental note to try not to use Division- he didn't want to execute this bloke, albeit his terrifyingness.

Trillium rambled on, giving Brin tips on his form, but Brin strategically ignored him.

The Dustbringer swept his sickles towards him. From the exclamation before, Brin figured he didn't like Skybreakers very much. He didn't take it personally.

With a woot, Brin parried the Dustbringer's blow singlehandedly, and reached to touch the Ashbringer's torso, to lash him to an adjacent wall.

@Ashbringer

Edited by BringerOfLight

Tyrian watched with partial suprise as the Skybreaker managed to block both sickles with his Blade. He wasn’t expecting it to happen, but he had planned for it, to some degree.

His sickles clashed on the blade’s surface, deflecting the blows, but Tyrian varied his blow. His right sickle cupped the blade, forcing it back while he allowed the left to glance off, sending it back into a ready position. As the Skybreaker reached out with his deadly touch, Tyrian slashed down, trying to impale the forearm as it hit his chest.

Spoiler

I think we could either do Brin dodges the sickle and doesn’t Lash me, or both attacks land. Of course, then Brin has a hook in his arm that will either drag him with me or start tearing things... up to you.

Brin lashed the Dustbringer upwards, only to find he was being yanked along. Wait. What? He took a single look at his forearm...

"AHH!" Brin screamed. His arm was impaled. His arm was impaled! Storming crem! He lashed himself upwards, and fell alongside the Dustibringer, slashing at him with his Shardcutlass and trying to yank the weapon from his arm. 

"A LITTLE HEEELLLLPP...." He called to the Radiants below as he fell up. He managed to rip the sickle out from his arm, and screamed in pain. The Stormlight was already working to heal it, and Brin lashed himself halfway down, and he stopped in the air. The Dustbringer was still lashed towards the sky, though the Stormlight wouldn't last forever.

I guess I was dragged along... this should be fun.

@Ashbringer @Sorana

Edited by BringerOfLight

Oh, you lashed him UP?

Congradulations! You just activated my Trap Card! And by trap card I mean emotionally scarring backstory.

Tyrian and the Skybreaker shot into the sky.

The sky.

Tyrian’s eyes went wide as the world spun around him. He felt the Skybreaker lurch up with him, arm trapped by his hooked blade. But Tyrian barely saw it. He barely saw the Blade coming for him, barely deflected it through his arm instead of his chest. The storm within him healed the wound, but it still cost him. Of the Stormlight he had, aside from his last resort, this battle had eaten about a quarter of it.

The Skybreaker finally ripped his arm free, floating to a stop as Stormlight reknit his sheared muscles. A part of Tyrian grinned, creating a lopsided grimmace. An arm for an arm, at least temporarily. 

The rest of him was falling. Falling up, yes, but falling.

Falling.

Falling.

Falling.

Falling...

“Tyrian!” a voice shouted. Cinder rocketed  toward his face, a blistering sprite in the wind. “Snap out of it!”

The two came to a stop.

“Hurry! Angle toward the buildings! Use the air resistance to guide you! Like we practiced! Hurry!

The rational part of Tyrian nodded.

And together they started falling.

Falling...

Let him fall, Trill said as the Dustbringer streaked towards the buildings of Alleycity. He seemed strangely in control of his fall, but he would surely perish when he reached the ground. 

Brin sighed, and lashed himself towards the Dustbringer, lashing himself continually to follow the Dustbringer's fall. 

"I don't want the bloke to die, Trill. I don't have proper jurisdiction in Alleycity. I'll need to hand him over to the authorities. You're the one who's supposed to be reminding me of this, y'know," Brin said as they streaked towards the falling Dustbringer.

@Ashbringer

Edited by BringerOfLight

On 6/11/2020 at 1:49 PM, Ashbringer said:

"What! Yeah, coming!" Byron replied, rushing to Aln's position and trying to get a grip on the man. "If you need to get more Stormlight, I can wait here and Pulse and keep him stable while you go find more spheres and - 

Then he heard a blood-curdling screech from where Althea had gone.

Byron froze. Oh, he knew that voice. He'd forgotten it, as he'd forgotten many things. But he knew it!

"Oh no," he whispered.

Althea was in very grave danger.

Aln stared across the square at the battle. Several more figures had entered the fight, and as she watched, one of them was launched into the sky. Was that the Dustbringer? It wa hard to tell. Aln focused back in her task.

"Trust me, Ben, we won't want to be anywhere near here. I have some more Stormlight at my guild - it's this way." 

Heaving the guard's body awkwardly between them [note: this is assuming that Byron cooperates. If he doesn't, ignore this], she began leading the way through the thinning crowd, calling as she did so, "Be careful - stay away from that part of the festival. There's a convict on the loose."

@Gears My character is planning on heading back to the Scholar's Guild now, if you want to stop by. I'll try to respond more quickly this time.

@Gears @Ashbringer @mathiau

Silas walked down a bustling street, wide-brimmed hat pulled low over his face, deftly stepping between the crowds of people, nodding, winking, and making little finger gun gestures at some of them, twirling and flourishing his long coat that fell above his mid-calf boots.
"What're ya doin', ya crazy fool? There ain't no one on this street but you an' me," said a drunk lying on a bench.
"Oh, I know we're alone," Silas answered, the figures around him fading away, "but I like to do this sometimes."
"Who're ya lookin' at, son?"
"No one much, just me a few hundred times," Silas explained.
"Do I be one of ya too, boy?"
"Maybe, so I guess this won't be too much of a crime."
A startled expression came upon the drunk's face as Silas vanished and appeared next to him.
"Say, why're ya dressed like that?" the drunk asked, fear creeping into his eyes.
"Well, for two reasons. The first is that my natural villainous flair demands it, and the second is so that I can do this."
Silas whipped open his coat, and long whips of shadows shot out, wrapping around the drunk's limbs and lifting him into the air, his face right in front of Silas's. Silas smiled, and then, from the shadows of his hat, a single sharp blade shot out, cleaving the man's head open right down the bridge of his nose. 
The corpse fell to the ground, and Silas leaped up into the air, grabbing the side of a building. The Amberite armor that was concealed underneath his coat pulsed with light, and Silas Sent himself back to the van, watching the scene from a few meters away.
@tbh idk who to tag because i've been kinda absent lately so i guess people i need to tag or something

Tyrian fell.

But at least this time, Cinder had a plan. He fell, Abrasing through the air, aiming to land right on the nearest rooftop. A rooftop that was very quickly approaching. The Skybreaker was coming back, and he didn't have the ability to fight him in such open terrain. He'd have to land.

"You'll live," Cinder replied to his silent question. "You're a Radiant. You always live."

"That doesn't mean it's not going to-"

He thrust out his arms as he hit the building's roof.

And Tyrian Divided.

The world disappeared from view as Stormlight whirled around him, knitting and reknitting together his hands and face and eye, breaking the wood and stone and who-knows-what-else within the building. Down and down he went, through one floor, then the next, then the rest. Sparks and blood and rubble and dust were all left in his wake.

Finally, Tyrian came to a stop, Stormlight near exhausted, buried somewhere in the foundations of the building. He sucked in more, then erased himself a small hole to properly stand in. He looked up.

Above him, he could see a long line of holes through the building leading up to a starry sky. An orange glow came from a few of the floors - it seemed as if his Division had caught the building on fire.

Tyrian stared at the beautiful sight. Then he cleared his throat and yelled. "You win this round, Skybreaker. Here is your victory." He focused, then Divided, sending a small shower of smoke, sparks, and fire into the building, feeding the small flames.

Then he turned toward the foundations and began to burn his way through the rock.

Byron will help Aln, but he doesn't have anything to really do himself. Although Silas may decide that we're not supposed to rescue the Thug and make himself apparent. (Or maybe he could help his friend Tyrian who's in the middle of a three-on-one battle... ;))

Things happened. As usual Althea quickly lost sight of who did what, who attacked whom and she tried to follow the blows, to understand what was going on. Max arrived, as well as another Skybreaker and she suppressed a curse. She'd really, honestly hoped to solve this without.

Althea watched as the fight took to the sky, kept her eyes on the two men, trying to guess where they would land. It was easy to see, the Dustbringer was strong, erasing nearly a whole building and she changed position, moved there, grateful the she knew the city well. She found the Dustbringer moving downwards, the Skybreaker following and let go of her weapon. No use trying to intimidate anybody around here. She was probably the most harmless one around.

"Stop." She shouted and tried to get their attention. "Escape if you want to, but stop burning through the homes of innocent people."

Rubble was falling down around her and she grit her teeth. Stupid. Was she really stupid to try, or was it - she didn't follow the thought, instead soulcast the dust around them into water. It left her dripping wet, but at least she could breathe. Hopefully if would help with  some of the flames  as well. Above - they were above, far away. Focus.

Tapping a lot more her body shone for a moment when she touched her thoughts to the stone below him. Exhaling she offered it up, turned it into aluminum, not thick but wide spread. Stall him, turn him another direction. He could still escape, but hopefully without making the whole building topple over. She'd seen too much of that already. "Leave. But don't destroy the foundation. There are innocents above you."

@Ashbringer

Edited by Sorana

Aln felt a surge of relief when she finally sighted the familiar, darkened structure of the guild ahead. Facing away from it, she couldn't see what was happening in the fight. For a moment she felt guilty for running away, for abandoning the others to their fate. But, no that was ridiculous. It was hardly as if she could have helped apprehend the criminal. They didn't even need healing; her observations pegged them all as other Radiants. And besides, there was a man who obviously needed help directly in front of her. It was pointless to feel guilty when she had obviously made the rational choice. Completely pointless.

Aln pushed away her thoughts and tried the door with her elbow. It creaked open silently, revealing a deserted room. Of course, she thought in irritation. Because why would anything go well tonight? Perhaps it was her own fault for asking that girl to watch an empty library during a festival. Still, she could at least have locked up behind her when she left. Aln shouldered her way inside, awkwardly holding the door long enough for the three of them to enter. She deposited the unconscious guard gingerly in an armchair, and pulled the cover off of the nearest lamp. It was securely locked, of course; Aln kept the majority of the guild's funds in the wall fixtures, and theft would be inconvenient, to say the least. The stormlight paid no heed to the barrier, however, as she enhaled it and resumed healing the man before her.

@Ashbringer

Shall we move to the Scholar's Guild thread, or is there anything that Byron needs to do here?

Sorana, I think Tyrian is in the foundation. He didn’t so much flatten the building as bore a big hole through the center and through however many floors it has. It should be structurally sound.

Well, for now. It’s also on fire.

As long as Silas doesn’t deside to follow us Byron should be good to move to the guild.

Edited by Ashbringer

The battle took to the skies, and then to a building, and then it was just Max watching in awe as the Dustbringer fell through the roof, and kept on falling, level after level. Almost immediately he ran, thrust out Sethramir but the gust of wind only intensified the flames that were dancing around, didn’t blow them away as he’d thought on first glance. He’d only make the situation worse if he tried to fight fire with wind.

So he instead cut a square hole in the wall and entered the building, crouching near a hole in the floor and staring down that dark, dark pit, the hole that led all the way to the foundation of the building. Like the den to some monster. This Dustbringer was strong. That image Althea sent to him remains fresh in his mind’s eye: a bloodthirsty kolossblooded with eyes red as rubies. Max knew, perhaps better than anyone, that red eyes were no indication of evilness or villainy, but this Dustbringer practically radiated (pun unintended, he thought to himself) danger.

But even monsters could be tamed. Dismissing Sethramir, Max extended a hand, tapping his nicrosilminds and sending a wave of emotional Allomancy at the Dustbringer. Soothing would have been more effective at reducing anger, but Max was no Soother, and so he Rioted hopelessness, despair and submission in the hope it would outshine the rage.

@Ashbringer

Context for Max’s abilities: because of his metalminds his Allomancy is enhanced, so imagine the Rioting to much, much stronger than emotional Allomancy usually is, but with about the subtlety of a freight train :P

Suddenly the rock below Tyrian gained a shiny quality, and his Division-powered tunneling suddenly halted. Tyrian froze, then pounded on the wall in frustration. It was metal, now. Probably aluminum, a metal his abilities could not affect, for some reason.

Tyrian went back into his smoky pit and looked up to see the Elsecaller standing above, watching, yelling something about innocence. Well, she was hardly innocent, she-

What had she done?

Cinder flew and sat in the air next to him. "She does have a point. You didn't need to bore a hole through an apartment complex."

"I didn't have much choice. And don't you dare say 'there's always a choice'. There's not, and-"

Tyrian felt a sharp pain in his back. He slammed himself into the metal wall. What was the point of all of this? He could either fight the Radiants like the duels mans, in which he had his two metal aluminum sickles against three Shardbearers. He could use Division, but so could the Skybreaker, and who knows what powers - why was he even thinking about this? He was just frustrated, this was all hopless, those people could be Feruchemists, Allomancers, Voidbinders - 

Allomancers

Tyrian tried to rack his brain. Wasn't there some way for Allomancy to affect people's thoughts? Did it really matter? He couldn't fight it, whatever it was, just like he couldn't fight the Radiants. But at the same time, his anger and Stormlight propelled him to move, to act. It felt like it was tearing his spirit apart.

"AHHH!" Tyrian screeched, throwing himself at the ground of his pit, trying to dig further in any direction, to get somewhere, anywhere.

"Where ARE YOU!"

@bees? @Sorana @I think I am here.

Spoiler

Achievement Unlocked: Make the Monster have an Existential Crisis!

Edited by Ashbringer

19 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

"AHHH!" Tyrian screeched, throwing himself at the ground of his pit, trying to dig further into the ground, to get somewhere, anywhere.

He can go to the sides, only not  farther down, in case you missed that part. He's not trapped.

Anyway I hope this post makes you understand why she did what she did. ^_^ 

Fire.

Althea took another breath, eyes searching the ceiling again to find the orange glow above her, imagined to hear a panicked scream from above. Or maybe it was there, maybe there were people screaming, calling out for help. For a help that might take a long time to come, especially on this night.

Smoke, the stench of burning apartments filled her lungs and a shiver ran along her spine,  her hands tightening into fists. Sephtis grinned at her again, walked through the streets of a burning city, lifting hand every now and then, and every single time a building started to burn, screams filled the air nearly drowned out by the sounds of buildings crumbling beneath their own weight. The air was hot, so hot it scorched her skin, hurt her lungs and only stormlight stopped her from suffocating, her lungs nothing but a charred black mass.

She tried to breathe, but the air was so hot, no, it was warm, tasted like fire, but it wasn't burning her throat. Her throat constricted when she closed her eyes, tried to calmly breathe in an out, but only managed a gasp for sir, heart beating too quickly. Fear gripped her tight, memories vivid in front of her eyes, so vivid she had trouble to know what was real and what had happened years ago. A sob escaped her lips, as her eyes rested on his figure again, hands shaking so badly she pressed them against her legs in a vain attempt to steady them.

The woman's eyes were dark, full of fear and pain, her new face, the face she had stolen from his memories, his fear his pain -

"Where ARE YOU!"

Althea flinched back from the hole, his reaction made no sense, he knew where she was. But he'd stayed, throwing his body around like a trapped animal, only that he wasn't trapped. He could leave, head through the stone, but he stayed.

Tears dropped down on her knees, joined the water around her when she remembered calling out, following, unable to prevent the destruction, unable to get him to stop to listen. Pain constricted her chest as she rang for air again, tried to sort it all apart, to separate this building from so many others. First there had been fire and destruction, then it would crumble to the ground, drag all these lives into death. It was the same, always the same, an endless circle and here she was again, in another burning building unable to stop, to prevent any of this from happening.

Her way was nothing but a list of failures, she should take up a weapon, kill him, spill his blood. It would protect, it would save countless others, all for the price of one live. One for so many others. But she hadn't killed Sephtis. She had watched to many die, only to help him, had payed the price. There was a way. There had to be way, a possibility everybody could live with.

Staring down into the hole she found her own conviction crumble, just like the building would. Her tears had left clean streaks on her cheeks and she was still looking down, trying and failing to come up with something good. Again. He wasn't listening and she didn't know enough about him to understand why he was acting like that. She had no clues, no data, only failure and pain, the shadow of fear making her muscles hard and her heart stumble through its beat.

Her hands shook when she lifted one of them, brushed a loose strand out of her face wishing he would listen, wishing he had given her a chance to reply. But he hadn't. And now, now it was too late to change anything. He would never listen, not now, not if he sounded like this. Because she knew. Back in Oasis, when Max -

She looked up, found him on the ground close to her, weaponless as well. Max. It explained so much, set the man's reaction into a larger frame and she shivvered again, when she knew, when she really, really understood what he was feeling. Pain, despair, loneliness, strong so strong that she'd clawed at her face, hurt her eyes, that she'd done nothing but scream, her mind nothing more than a chaotic maelstrom of emotions, ripping herself apart.

"Stop." She whispered, hoped that he would hear, her voice hoarse from the smoke, from crying.

Pressing her hand against the stone, the dirt underneath the foundation she exhaled again, opened a path for him, one leading away from the building. He would kill again and these lives, all of them, they would stain her hands red, a deep dark red, adding to the lives of those she'd never been able to save.

"Just leave." She repeated, unable to hide the shaking of her voice and layed on the ground. Leave. She knew it wasn't wise to let him go, only knew that his scream his despair resonated within her chest, the hopelessness calling forth another city another place, another man who was deaf to her words. They all were. None had listened, had been willing to talk things out, to find a different way, one they could all follow.

But right here and now, there was his scream, mixing with her own, ripping apart the walls she had build, the steps she had taken. Control. It was all about control, a sliver, a tiny part of herself still thinking, analyzing, realizing that she was about to loose it completely, that she was tethering on that edge again. Focus. She only needed to focus for a second, a heartbeat. A wild, erratic, panicked heartbeat.

The stone followed her suggestion, opened a path for him to go, a possibility. Because she knew. Because she would have wanted a path as well.

@Ashbringer

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana
found a typo

Changed it around. I thought it was the other way around in this case. I figured you/Althea wouldn’t leave him bottled up in there - then I would have had to look up aluminum’s melting point...

Also ITIAH, for reference, the Riot was mostly successful - he’s very convinced that fighting you three is a hopeless endevor, but he’s too frustrated/angry to give up entirely. At this point he mostly wants out of this whole situation, although he may come back to retaliate once he gets out of Riot range and puzzles out what happened.

Also a rather amusing note: Tyrian is going to (probably) end up a full Hemalurgic construct. So Max could probably take control of him completely then... :P