• 0
Eternal Khol

Did Adonalsium allow Fainlife to come into existence?

Did Adonalsium plan for Fainlife?   6 members have voted

  1. 1. Did Adonalsium plan for Fainlife?

    • He planned for it
      6
    • He didnt plan for it
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

did the Big A plan for Fainlife?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

  • 0

You are ascribing human style characteristics to an individual or force who exists beyond time or our reality.  Fanlife existed.  As such Adonalsium created it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 minutes ago, Karger said:

You are ascribing human style characteristics to an individual or force who exists beyond time or our reality.  Fanlife existed.  As such Adonalsium created it. 

Never thought of it that way

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

Never thought of it that way

Thinking about the nature of the divine or semi-divine is a pastime that the human race has spent a lot of time on.  However it is still pretty hard to get your head around.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 minutes ago, Karger said:

You are ascribing human style characteristics to an individual or force who exists beyond time or our reality.  Fanlife existed.  As such Adonalsium created it. 

I don't think that Adonalsium was that kind of thing. The Cosmere is only one dwarf galaxy in a much larger universe.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, Nameless said:

I don't think that Adonalsium was that kind of thing. The Cosmere is only one dwarf galaxy in a much larger universe.

Quote

Pod (paraphrased)

You said at the Starsight release that [Adonalsium] was intentionally preventing the spren from accessing Surges through fabrials and such pre-Shattering. Was this a passive or active effect?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

It was kind of both - the way [Adonalsium] worked was just that the way he saw the world was the way the world worked. He didn't want the spren to be able to do that, so they couldn't.

Pod (paraphrased)

So did [Adonalsium] want to die?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

*makes face along with various non committal hmings*

Pod (paraphrased)

That at least gives credibility to the theory.

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Yeah, it gives credibility to the theory.

Footnote: *I don't know how to describe the face - it definitely wasn't confirmation but it looked incriminating to me
American Fork High School Signing (Dec. 12, 2019)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

It seems to me that the Vessels might've thought that he did, and that led or contributed to them Shattering him.

He might not have directly created it (maybe it was mostly the Nine Lords' fault) but given what we know of him and what we know from WoBs (that we won't go beyond the Cosmere, so the Fainlife probably isn't a threat that came from outside), he should've been able to do something about Fainlife.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, R J said:

It seems to me that the Vessels might've thought that he did, and that led or contributed to them Shattering him.

But Sho Del are dependent on Skullmoss or at least they come from Skullmoss?. Why would they want to kill him for essentially creating their species?

on a side note, do you think the fact that Skullmoss is white, plays into the “color is important in the Cosmere” theme?

Edited by Eternal Khol
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
28 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

But Sho Del are dependent on Skullmoss or at least they come from Skullmoss?. Why would they want to kill him for essentially creating their species?

Some just wanted power

29 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

on a side note, do you think the fact that Skullmoss is white, plays into the “color is important in the Cosmere” theme?

If it does, we haven't seen it yet

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.