Eternal Khol

Did Adonalsium allow Fainlife to come into existence?

Did Adonalsium plan for Fainlife?   6 members have voted

1. 1. Did Adonalsium plan for Fainlife?

• He planned for it
    • He didnt plan for it

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

did the Big A plan for Fainlife?

8 answers to this question

You are ascribing human style characteristics to an individual or force who exists beyond time or our reality.  Fanlife existed.  As such Adonalsium created it. 

9 minutes ago, Karger said:

You are ascribing human style characteristics to an individual or force who exists beyond time or our reality.  Fanlife existed.  As such Adonalsium created it. 

Never thought of it that way

2 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

Never thought of it that way

Thinking about the nature of the divine or semi-divine is a pastime that the human race has spent a lot of time on.  However it is still pretty hard to get your head around.

18 minutes ago, Karger said:

I don't think that Adonalsium was that kind of thing. The Cosmere is only one dwarf galaxy in a much larger universe.

Just now, Nameless said:

I don't think that Adonalsium was that kind of thing. The Cosmere is only one dwarf galaxy in a much larger universe.

Pod (paraphrased)

You said at the Starsight release that [Adonalsium] was intentionally preventing the spren from accessing Surges through fabrials and such pre-Shattering. Was this a passive or active effect?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

It was kind of both - the way [Adonalsium] worked was just that the way he saw the world was the way the world worked. He didn't want the spren to be able to do that, so they couldn't.

Pod (paraphrased)

So did [Adonalsium] want to die?

*makes face along with various non committal hmings*

Pod (paraphrased)

That at least gives credibility to the theory.

Yeah, it gives credibility to the theory.

Footnote: *I don't know how to describe the face - it definitely wasn't confirmation but it looked incriminating to me
American Fork High School Signing (Dec. 12, 2019)

It seems to me that the Vessels might've thought that he did, and that led or contributed to them Shattering him.

He might not have directly created it (maybe it was mostly the Nine Lords' fault) but given what we know of him and what we know from WoBs (that we won't go beyond the Cosmere, so the Fainlife probably isn't a threat that came from outside), he should've been able to do something about Fainlife.

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, R J said:

It seems to me that the Vessels might've thought that he did, and that led or contributed to them Shattering him.

But Sho Del are dependent on Skullmoss or at least they come from Skullmoss?. Why would they want to kill him for essentially creating their species?

on a side note, do you think the fact that Skullmoss is white, plays into the “color is important in the Cosmere” theme?

Edited by Eternal Khol

28 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

But Sho Del are dependent on Skullmoss or at least they come from Skullmoss?. Why would they want to kill him for essentially creating their species?

Some just wanted power

29 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

on a side note, do you think the fact that Skullmoss is white, plays into the “color is important in the Cosmere” theme?

If it does, we haven't seen it yet