High Imperial Academy

Channelknight Fadran

Lesson Number One: Basic Grammar and Speech Types.

In High Imperial, there area few important things to note.

1: Whatever you're saying in High Imperial is implied to having yourself as a subject. You can specify a different subject.

2: Everything you say in High Imperial is in the past tense.

3: All verbs in High Imperial are to be written in gerund form. "Thinking," "Issing," and (of course) "Wassing."

So there you go. Lesson number one.

Merlin and Invocation are here to learn as well! What a perfect segue to begin the next lesson.

Lesson Number Two: "Wassing"

The word "wassing" is by far the most important word in all of High Imperial. Translated roughly to english, it means something among the lines of "was doing." Because everything said in High Imperial is said in the past tense (Rule Two of High Imperial), the term "was" basically means "am." The word "doing" is, of course, a gerund verb, but still means the same thing. "Was doing," in short, translates to "am doing." "Wassing the teaching of High Imperial" means "Am doing the teaching of High Imperial."

If you're attentive, you'll realize that you never describe yourself as doing the action in that sentence. "Am doing" rather than "I am doing." This is because Rule One of High Imperial: "Whatever you're saying in High Imperial is implied to having yourself as a subject."

So there you go. Lesson number Two. Use your Wassings wisely.

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Lesson Three (and welcome AonEne!): Sentence Structure in High Imperial.

Basic sentences in english need two basic things: A subject and a verb. In the sentence "I am teaching High Imperial," the subject is "I" and the action is "teaching." This sentence could actually stand alone without me telling you what I'm teaching. "I am teaching" could work.

Sentence structure in High Imperial is the same. You need a subject and a verb. The funny part about High Imperial is that you don't actually need to specify a subject if that subject is yourself (First Rule of High Imperial). All you need to do is specify a verb.

At first glance, the word "Wassing" seems to be verb of most sentences. However, in english this would be "I was doing/I am doing," which isn't quite a sentence. In fact, if you translated that into High Imperial, your sentence would actually only be the word "wassing." You need to specify another action in order to create a proper sentence in High Imperial. The sentence "I am teaching High Imperial" is "Wassing the teaching of High Imperial." The subject is "I" (not specified) and the action is "teaching." High Imperial provides context, but isn't necessary.

The direct translation of "wassing the teaching of High Imperial" is "I was doing the teaching of High Imperial." The best way to translate High Imperial into a sentence you would use in real life is to simplify it as much as you can. "I was doing" is also "I am doing." The words "doing the" simply provide a segway between the word "am" and the word "teaching," but in English, no such segway is required, so you can take them out. "I am teaching of High Imperial." The word "of" makes a lot of sense to have in High Imperial, but not in English, so feel free to take that one out. "I am teaching High Imperial."

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

*raises hand* Um, um, teacher, you spelled segue wrong on your presentation. :P 

*Is salty teacher* You talkin' back to me? Missy, I know you won't like a visit to the Principal's Office, would you? Hm? Hm? How about I write to your parents and tell them you've been misbehaving? Hm? Hm?

In all seriousness, though... what word did I spell wrong?

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

*Is salty teacher* You talkin' back to me? Missy, I know you won't like a visit to the Principal's Office, would you? Hm? Hm? How about I write to your parents and tell them you've been misbehaving? Hm? Hm?

In all seriousness, though... what word did I spell wrong?

(“Segway” is actually segue. I know, it’s weird.) 

ACK NO PLEASE DON’T SEND ME TO THE OFFICE 

Wasing the much of appreciating the this. Back when time was being the having, running the games of adventuring on tops of tables. Wasing the writing of wording for NPC name of Chanowitz on the weeks. Doing the practicing of the this with frequenting giving the skill.

Wasing the making of perfecting when doing the practicing of the this. Thems doing the teaching should doing the assigning of the working whens at the home.

:)

3 minutes ago, Tellingdwar said:

Wasing the much of appreciating the this. Back when time was being the having, running the games of adventuring on tops of tables. Wasing the writing of wording for NPC name of Chanowitz on the weeks. Doing the practicing of the this with frequenting giving the skill.

Wasing the making of perfecting when doing the practicing of the this. Thems doing the teaching should doing the assigning of the working whens at the home.

:)

Wow. Just wow. Very impressed.