Dragons.

Kelwynish

Question

OK so while listening to shard cast has (I think) answered this question I'm also interested in theories. I know of the travelor (frost) are there any other confirmed dragons on screen? If so or if not then do we have any theories on possible dragons other than frost? Thanks guys n gals :) I'm nearly positive this question has been asked but I couldn't find it. If so many apologies. 

13 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Karger said:

At least some of the vessels are also dragons. 

Not necessarily. The WoB just said that not all Vessels were human. A condition that has technically already been fulfilled. They could also only include human and Sho Del among their numbers, and no Dragons.

Brandon did specify that Yolen had three sapient species, so there could be (a) draconic Shardholder. I am in the Edgli is a dragon camp. But I don't think that it's a given that one (or some) of the Vessels are dragons 

19 minutes ago, R J said:

Not necessarily. The WoB just said that not all Vessels were human. A condition that has technically already been fulfilled. They could also only include human and Sho Del among their numbers, and no Dragons.

Brandon did specify that Yolen had three sapient species, so there could be (a) draconic Shardholder. I am in the Edgli is a dragon camp. But I don't think that it's a given that one (or some) of the Vessels are dragons 

I suppose.  We know the Sho Del have at least one shard but no dragon getting a shard seems wrong to me. 

Edited by Karger

6 hours ago, Kelwynish said:

OK so while listening to shard cast has (I think) answered this question I'm also interested in theories. I know of the travelor (frost) are there any other confirmed dragons on screen? If so or if not then do we have any theories on possible dragons other than frost?

Brandon has said that if we have seen a dragon 'onscreen' (ie, not Frost) that we would not recognize them as such. Right now, the only apparent 'tell' that someone is a dragon is their eyes have pupils rimmed with a distinctive metallic silver. That said, we don't know if it's something they can't hide or if Frost simply didn't bother to under the circumstances. And since this bit of trivia comes from The Traveler, it's not strictly canonical anyways.

3 hours ago, Weltall said:

Brandon has said that if we have seen a dragon 'onscreen' (ie, not Frost) that we would not recognize them as such. Right now, the only apparent 'tell' that someone is a dragon is their eyes have pupils rimmed with a distinctive metallic silver. That said, we don't know if it's something they can't hide or if Frost simply didn't bother to under the circumstances. And since this bit of trivia comes from The Traveler, it's not strictly canonical anyways.

With zero evidence to support it, I prefer to think that Felt is a dragon. 

19 minutes ago, Quantus said:

With zero evidence to support it, I prefer to think that Felt is a dragon. 

Felt is native Scadrian

Questioner

You know Felt?

Brandon Sanderson

Felt, I know Felt.

Questioner

Is Felt originally Scadrian?

Brandon Sanderson

Yep... You guys know about that, right? I don't think that's a big secret. But, he is, and that should be raising other questions.

Questioner

About his name? Or how he's showing up on Roshar?

Brandon Sanderson

About that and the fact that-- He should stand out more.

Orem signing (March 10, 2018)

Questioner

Felt. Was he involved with Scadrial's atium pit mercantile system?

Brandon Sanderson

Let's say, he was aware.

Questioner

How old is he? Was he born around first Era, or so?

Brandon Sanderson

Felt is a little older than that. Not a lot.

Skyward Denver signing (Nov. 15, 2018)

more definitively answered here:

Brandon Sanderson

Felt

Oh, and Felt gets a mention here. I don't know if you remember him from book one, but he was the spy who Elend sent to tail Vin one night and figure out who she truly was. He was loyal to house Venture, and Elend inherited Felt from his father when Straff fled Luthadel and left behind most of his servants and men.

A third son of a very minor nobleman, Felt is used to working for a living—something that does happen to a lot of nobility in this world, even if the ones you see most of the time are either too busy ruling, stealing, or going to war to bother with things like that.

The Hero of Ages Annotations (Sept. 17, 2009)

sorry, bud

Edited by R J

19 minutes ago, Kelwynish said:

Isn't Felt Hoid? 

No.  Felt is a worldhoper from Era 1 scadrial.  We know he served in Dalinar's army and Dalinar knows Wit.

Edited by Karger

On 5/13/2020 at 7:57 AM, R J said:

Felt is native Scadrian

just making sure, it isn't easy to change your spiritweb into a dragon... right...? Cause if it is possible, a Shard might be able to become a dragon...

5 hours ago, GoWibble said:

just making sure, it isn't easy to change your spiritweb into a dragon... right...? Cause if it is possible, a Shard might be able to become a dragon...

We don't know. It doesn't sound like it would be easy, Dragons give the impression of being hyper Invested from the way Brandon talks about them, Hoid talks about Frost and the unpublished works.

The constraints of Shardic capabilities is again something we know little about. Especially regarding Vessels' bodies.