The problem with the phrase 'best day' is what it is referring to, I think, for Taravangian's case. If 'best day' means 'smartest day' which works with the title/subject of genius, then Brandon is way smart but also really inconsiderate. That's not very good, though I could see this being the case for some certain cliffhanger endings that are quite rude....

On the other hand, if 'best day' means 'most compassionate day' then Brandon is incredibly caring and overall a good person but is, literally, an idiot. This is obviously not true.

So it's complicated. I agree with @R J, there are implications.

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2020 at 6:07 PM, AonEne said:

I didn’t say he was Taravangian, just referred to his intelligence. Brandon is not evil. :P 

Is Taravangian evil? Everything he does is for a "greater good". Not that I totally subscribe to that school of thought. I'm just saying Jasnah probably would have worked with him (so long as her family wouldn't be harmed).

3 hours ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

Is Taravangian evil? Everything he does is for a "greater good". Not that I totally subscribe to that school of thought. I'm just saying Jasnah probably would have worked with him (so long as her family wouldn't be harmed).

Mmm, that’s fair. I was more speaking in general, I didn’t mean to get into a Taravangian’s morality discussion - I apologize :P