Rosharan A.C.

Can you put two soul stamps on one object?

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Like the title says, I was curious if it’s possible to soulstamp something twice. If so, can you change it completely, or add some small difference? It’s been a while since I’ve read The Emporer’s Soul, so I hoped someone could help me out!

Edited by Rosharan A.C.

Why would you soulstamp something twice?  Why not just make a necessary modification to the original soulstamp or just make a new one?

:mellow:
*opens mouth, and then closes it. Looks down, contemplating for a moment.*

Well, the original thought I had was that you soul stamp some shoes and turn them into boots. Then you soulstamp them again to add spikes on the soles, so they’re climbing boots. I guess it would be easier to just make a new soulstamp and change the whole thing into climbing boots, replacing the first stamp.

... this makes more sense. 

Yah Karger's method makes sense, but in the theoretical I think not. Investure resits investure and all that.

13 minutes ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

Yah Karger's method makes sense, but in the theoretical I think not. Investure resits investure and all that.

And I think, that this is the exact problem any Forger has.

Shai started with different stamps on each trait, memory, etc. she wanted the emperor to have, and in the end, she had to combine those into only one stamp that needs to be applied.

I see where you are coming from, but i don't think it will work

1 hour ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

1 hour ago, spaidapig said:

And I think, that this is the exact problem any Forger has.

Shai started with different stamps on each trait, memory, etc. she wanted the emperor to have, and in the end, she had to combine those into only one stamp that needs to be applied.

I see where you are coming from, but i don't think it will work

Ok, thank you for the feedback!