On 7/8/2022 at 0:20 AM, Shining Silhouette said:

Are you guys more math/science or english/history people?

I like all of them, though I think I am more fond of math/science.

*Science is my fave and math coulllddd count as a branch of philosophy xD

Edited by solarcat93

Just now, Wizard Apocalypse100 said:

My friend got me into the stormlight archive and I came here to this forum site and it is soooo nerdy

oh yeah don't judge my name I needed an online name so i went to a name generator to get this thing and havent changed it ever since

anyways im in

Hey there, @solarcat93 and @Wizard Apocalypse100! Welcome to the Non-Adult Club! I feel bad for pointing this out since you're both so new, but please refrain from double posting. As Noodles pointed out, it's frowned upon. If you want to quote multiple people, you can click the + beside the quote.

12 hours ago, Wizard Apocalypse100 said:

My friend got me into the stormlight archive and I came here to this forum site and it is soooo nerdy

Yep :D We're all such nerds.

49 minutes ago, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

Im not trying to be impolite but double posting is considered bad etiquette

27 minutes ago, Robin Sedai said:

Hey there, @solarcat93 and @Wizard Apocalypse100! Welcome to the Non-Adult Club! I feel bad for pointing this out since you're both so new, but please refrain from double posting. As Noodles pointed out, it's frowned upon. If you want to quote multiple people, you can click the + beside the quote.

Woops, sorry about that, I will refrain from double posting. I believe necroposting is allowed though? I've seen people get in trouble on Minecraft fourm sites for posting on an old thread.

Edit: I will combine my previous messages.

Edited by solarcat93

1 hour ago, solarcat93 said:

Woops, sorry about that, I will refrain from double posting. I believe necroposting is allowed though? I've seen people get in trouble on Minecraft fourm sites for posting on an old thread.

If you're contributing new things to the conversation it is allowed.

14 hours ago, solarcat93 said:

I like all of them, though I think I am more fond of math/science.

Awesome! I like the theoretical sides of math/science and I love to think/read, so English is definitely in there. Hard science lab experiments annoy me because so much can go wrong.

14 hours ago, solarcat93 said:

*Science is my fave and math coulllddd count as a branch of philosophy xD

Technically? In a way? What about the mindless math solving that doesn't require any thought? Or does that count as philosophy because it's not truly mindless? The only reason it's so easy is because the thought has been repeated so many times.

17 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Awesome! I like the theoretical sides of math/science and I love to think/read, so English is definitely in there. Hard science lab experiments annoy me because so much can go wrong.

Technically? In a way? What about the mindless math solving that doesn't require any thought? Or does that count as philosophy because it's not truly mindless? The only reason it's so easy is because the thought has been repeated so many times.

Math is, for the most part, ontological when it comes to proofs and such. 

I found this article: https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/philosophy-mathematics/#:~:text=If mathematics is regarded as,and the philosophy of biology.

7 hours ago, Robin Sedai said:

ok