R J

poll
Favourite Warbreaker PoV Character

Favourite Warbreaker PoV character   26 members have voted

1. 1. Of the four narrating characters in Warbreaker, who's your favourite?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

Narrating characters, so no Nightblood, Denth or Blushweaver votes! (Also Nightblood would win)

Mine goes to Vivenna. I loved her heel faced turn. Siri had a strong beginning,  but stuff stopped happening in her chapters. Lightsong actively tried to make sure stuff didn't happen in his chapters, which was kind of fun, but I found myself skipping his chapters upon rereads. Vasher was fascinating and grumpy but I don't think we saw enough from his point-of-view to really feel as close to him as we did with the other three.

Personally, I enjoyed Lightsong's chapters the most.

I love his character and can kind of relate to him myself. Simply the way he handles the things are amazing.

Vivenna was the hardest to read for me. The naivety of her sometimes made me cringe.

Vasher was awesome but he didn't have the touch Lightsong had.

definitely lightsong for me, especially his chapters near the end of the book, which are a 1-2 punhc with one of my favorite tropes, but even before that too, he would probably win.  second would likely be Siri, for just the story of how she handles her situation, then Vasher then Vivenna.

I think Lightsong's are the most consistently entertaining. Vasher is almost always interesting, Siri's are up and down for me. Vivenna's can be really frustrating at times. I feel like I never leave a Lightsong POV unhappy.

The order for me is Lightsong, Vasher, Siri and vivenna. 

2 hours ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

Poor Siri.

Oof, yeah. I mean, I love all of them; now I just feel bad for not saying her... :P 

Vivenna’s my favorite character of the 4 because of the awesome character growth. Reading her viewpoints at the end is really satisfying because you know where she comes from. That being said, her early viewpoints are frustrating because you just want to yell at her fir being wrong. So I had to go with Lightsong for having the most well rounded viewpoints in terms of how engaged I was.

9 minutes ago, ILuvHats said:

Vivenna’s my favorite character of the 4 because of the awesome character growth. Reading her viewpoints at the end is really satisfying because you know where she comes from. That being said, her early viewpoints are frustrating because you just want to yell at her fir being wrong. So I had to go with Lightsong for having the most well rounded viewpoints in terms of how engaged I was.

I feel like siri and lightsong are almost pure growth (plus lightsong starts out fun and lighthearted and never completely loses that), and vasher is pretty much unchanged from start to end.  but vivenna has to hit rock bottom in order to grow, and the process of getting her there can be hard to read at times.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Dunkum said:

I feel like siri and lightsong are almost pure growth (plus lightsong starts out fun and lighthearted and never completely loses that), and vasher is pretty much unchanged from start to end. 

Siri’s growth is subtle, and not the most interesting IMO. My take on her development is basically that she grew more confident, and it’s basically an un-nuanced take on the coming of age story. She’s not a bad character, but I was more interested in what happened around her and to her than in her personality or growth. Lightsong’s character arc is definitely great. It’s very original, and his charisma pulls you along even when his plot line moves slower. But it’s hard to argue that Vivenna’s growth isn’t the most dramatic, and that’s what I love about her. After the Denth reveal and she hit rock bottom, I found her chapters at least as interesting as Lightsong, perhaps more so. I always love it when a character gets put through the ringer, and it was extremely cathartic because while I sympathized with her, I also felt satisfied that her self-righteous attitude was finally shattered. The early chapters were the only ones that bothered me slightly, and Vivenna’s arrogance quickly became tolerable because a lot of action occurred during her viewpoints. I never really had trouble trudging through her POVs like it sounds like you did. I was annoyed with her, but I can deal with annoying if the people around them are interesting the plot moves quickly. In fact, Shallan’s probably annoyed me more than Vivenna has.

Edited by ILuvHats

I’m going with Vasher just because I found his chapters the most entertaining and exciting to read. Though I started looking forward to the Vivenna chapters at the end as well. Once she was forced to live on the streets, she became a much more interesting character to me. 

I like all of them but Lightsong is defiantly my favorite. He is really funny and it's fun to see how he grows but does not lose his humor.

Vasher and Siri are kind of equal because I like Siri but she does almost nothing and Vasher because reluctant mentor's are really interesting to read.

I don't like Vivenna because I feel like she is really snotty the whole time.