Passworded Forums

Rushu42

Quick question: I'm able to see the forum for White Sand Prose without having a password to input, and I also don't see a place where one would enter a password in the first place. In addition, I received a copy of the Aether of Night manuscript, but I could see that forum before I got it. Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Quick question: I'm able to see the forum for White Sand Prose without having a password to input, and I also don't see a place where one would enter a password in the first place. In addition, I received a copy of the Aether of Night manuscript, but I could see that forum before I got it. Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you.

You're not missing anything.

when they first added the WhiteSand Prose and Aether forum you would have to enter the password but not anymore. They just haven’t updated the webpage and removed that part

maybe they didn’t think the stuff in them was that sensitive anymore or maybe they just wanted more people to be able to view the topics.... i dont know. Im just glad they did it

Edited by Eternal Khol

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2020 at 9:47 PM, Eternal Khol said:

maybe they didn’t think the stuff in them was that sensitive anymore or maybe they just wanted more people to be able to view the topics.... i dont know. Im just glad they did it

(Sorry, know I'm a bit late) I believe it's because they're much more easily accessible now. In the past, the only way to get them was emailing Sanderson and waiting weeks to months for a response, but now you can get White Sand from the mailing list and Aether from the request thread, so anybody who wants to can read them.

At least, I think I remember reading a post in the Aether forum explaining that.