Rock's shard's

Cope97

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 3:01 PM, Aminar said:

That's fine. My point is entirely that until he swears a 2nd oath he could be any order. It seems silly to think all of Bridge 4 will attract Honor Spren, squires or no. Personally, as cool as Windrunners are, there's a lot of orders to explore and Rock joining a different Order gives him a potentially more interesting progression. Especially given how Bondsmith's do this whole leading/bringing people together without as much violence, but possibly with stew, thing. Being Bondsmith material is certainly rarer than Windrunner. And given some of the speculation in other threads about the Sibling being related to the Stones... Rock and the Stonespren. Too good.

My hunch is that off screen he did swear the second oath to save Kaladin. I know common theory is stormlight doesn't necessarily grant strength increases, but maybe he did some adhesion gravitation trickery to make the bow lighter then it normally would be (even intuitively). And Also my crackpot theory was assuming he would get his novella as brandon mentioned. I think he is definitely windrunner material in the sense that he definitely is protecting his loved ones (bridge four + family), and it seems fitting he would speak some ideall relating to "even if I have to fight". Because windrunner ideals seem to be increasingly about a compromise needed in order to protect. 

20 hours ago, Category5 said:

My hunch is that off screen he did swear the second oath to save Kaladin. I know common theory is stormlight doesn't necessarily grant strength increases, but maybe he did some adhesion gravitation trickery to make the bow lighter then it normally would be (even intuitively). And Also my crackpot theory was assuming he would get his novella as brandon mentioned. I think he is definitely windrunner material in the sense that he definitely is protecting his loved ones (bridge four + family), and it seems fitting he would speak some ideall relating to "even if I have to fight". Because windrunner ideals seem to be increasingly about a compromise needed in order to protect. 

We haven't even seen him swear the first Oath yet. I can't see the Oath not being sworn at least partially on screen. Think about the way Teft was handled. 

On 6/21/2020 at 9:07 AM, Aminar said:

We haven't even seen him swear the first Oath yet. I can't see the Oath not being sworn at least partially on screen. Think about the way Teft was handled. 

Point taken. I suppose it could be the first oath. The on-screen stuff could be handled in the novella, in the prologue even. Idk we'll see lol. 

On 6/21/2020 at 6:07 AM, Aminar said:

He swore the first oath in OB chapter 37? Do you mean the "I will protect those who can not protect themselves" ? 

11 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Also why do people think that squires can just be any order?

It mainly has to do with the below, but I doubt it was a common occurrence.

Storm Cellar

Do squires always bond the spren of their Knight's order? Or can they attract a different type of spren?

Also, was it normal for someone to serve their whole life as a squire?

Brandon Sanderson

They can attract a different spren

It was indeed normal, depending on the order and the person.  

23 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Even those I hate.

That's the third Ideal.

- Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination
- I will protect those who cannot protect themselves
- I will protect those I hate

Still a bit confused about why Lopen became a "full Windrunner" after only the second Ideal. I assume it has to do with him having a Spren already maybe? and there being an order of Windrunner unlike when Kaladin was becoming a knight? I also wonder if Lopen has his shardblade as we never see Teft swear the second oath so Idk if he got the whole frosty glyph thing like Lopen got after the second or like Kaladin got after the third.  

I kind of got sidetracked.

2 hours ago, Illwei said:

That's the third Ideal.

- Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination
- I will protect those who cannot protect themselves
- I will protect those I hate

And? That's the one that Teft made.

3 hours ago, Illwei said:

Still a bit confused about why Lopen became a "full Windrunner" after only the second Ideal. I assume it has to do with him having a Spren already maybe? and there being an order of Windrunner unlike when Kaladin was becoming a knight? I also wonder if Lopen has his shardblade as we never see Teft swear the second oath so Idk if he got the whole frosty glyph thing like Lopen got after the second or like Kaladin got after the third.  

I kind of got sidetracked.

I thought he did get to the third, I'll have to check next time I get my hands on Oathbringer.

5 minutes ago, Frustration said:

And? That's the one that Teft made.

I thought he did get to the third, I'll have to check next time I get my hands on Oathbringer.

I was responding to a post saying that Rock never swore the first Ideal, saying that he did and what he didn't say was the "I will protect those who cannot protect themselves" . you then responded saying "even those I hate", which I took for you correcting me saying that that was the second Ideal. Sorry if I misunderstood that?

Teft swore that, as the Third Ideal giving him his shardblade which allowed them to get to Thaylen City, not as the Second Ideal. I assume he swore that off screen.

54 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Teft swore that, as the Third Ideal giving him his shardblade which allowed them to get to Thaylen City, not as the Second Ideal. I assume he swore that off screen.

I was thinking that Lopen was on three.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

I was thinking that Lopen was on three.

He is not he just swore ideal two.  I wonder what his ideal three is going to be.  His Royal Majesty Lopen I of Alethkar is far too noble to ever hate anyone.

Edited by Karger