The most terrifying character.

In terms of pure intimidation I think an Inquisitor wins. The spikes through the eyes would be very unnerving.

Scary in terms of what they’ve done, probably Rashek. The way he managed to ruin a pretty straight forward situation is terrifying. There were a million better ways but he opted for the most sadistic one he could come up with.

Scary in terms of potential, Dalinar ties with the Ire. Dalinar because he’s a Demi-Shard and the entire world hinges on his choices. The Ire because who wouldn’t be scared of an amoral splinter group of Elantrians.

Edited by SwordNimiForPresident

I feel like confronting Odium face to face would be the worst. Dalinar almost crumpled at a mere glimpse of Odium's true power, so I would have to go with that particular Shard. 

16 hours ago, Brassweaver said:

Nightblood. He's crazy intense and dangerous and i'm always anxious when he is in a scene because you never know if someone is going to be accidentally vaporized

Nightblood is so creepy. Like an evil child from movies like The Omen. Except it’s a sword that eats people.

On 09/05/2020 at 3:05 PM, SwordNimiForPresident said:

In terms of pure intimidation I think an Inquisitor wins. The spikes through the eyes would be very unnerving.

I'd argue for the Lord Ruler in this category, myself. Sure, he doesn't have the spikes through the eyes, but imagine watching someone walk out of a burning building with half of their face missing, impaled by spears, bones visible, flesh charred, and then have them look at you with an expression of "you're next". 

Any full feruchemist/allomancer Compounder has that, but IMO TLR has a sort of flair for it that makes him much more intimidating in a book. Inquisitors you kind of expect to be inhuman, what with their spikes, but Rashek cultivates a much more "Übermensch" vibe in everything he does. An Inquisitor always tends to appear more monster than man.

Different kind of intimidation, y'know?

On 5/10/2020 at 0:22 PM, Child of Hodor said:

Nightblood is so creepy. Like an evil child from movies like The Omen. Except it’s a sword that eats people.

And he's also like kinda innocent and I love him? I think he's funny and terrifying at the same time which just shows Brandon's Genius!

It depends on what sort of scary you mean. If you're just talking in terms of raw power to destroy, I'd probably have to go with Odium. I mean, he's Splintered at least 3 Shards. If we're talking about unpredictability (which I think can be pretty scary), then Szeth can be pretty terrifying; with someone like Odium, we at least roughly know the intent of his power and his goals. With Szeth, though, his actions are dictated entirely by the whims of others. The same holds for the insane Heralds such as Nale.

21 hours ago, StanLemon said:

the way he just crushes Vin when he was merely asking her who her father was is horrifying

That is my favorite TLR moment. The sheer power.

I loved how well he could read people, you really couldn’t lie to him. Living for a thousand years let him see it all

that first moment that Tevidian lied to him i was like "ooohhh..... he dead" XD

Rashek really was a divinity

Edited by Eternal Khol

Mine is Taravangian. 

Someone so set in their ways, so sure of their path, despite the deviations in their supposedly set path, should be feared.

Not feared because they're intimidating, or their insane, but because they won't accept any other possibilities. 

Taravangian terrifying because he believes he's infallible. Willing to murder, destroy, betray, and sow general chaos, the man needs to be reigned in or they're all going to damnation.

Edited by Crimson_Russ

Marsh in WoA and HoA, I mean it technically might count as Ruin, but still a single-minded killing machine with spikes through his eyes is pretty scary. 

Dalinar at Rathalas. He lost all control there and he still even strangled the leader before he went to go find Evi. 

And also Rashek, because he is just so vile and cruel. 

The Lord Ruler, the hope dampening aura, I-don't-care-I-just-got-skewered-attitude, casual backhand skull fracture. The horrors that this guy is responsible for: the skaa killed at parties, at the fountain, at the plantations, not caring about the House war or his own followers. Finding out what the Inquisitors were, then the Koloss, then finally the Kandra, which did not sink in for a while.