Ask Rosharan A.C. Anything

Rosharan A.C.

Soooooo, I just found out about this. I doubt anyone really cares about the secrets I have stored away :ph34r:, but everyone else seems to have an AMA thread. So here is mine! I will gladly impart any knowledge for which someone asketh. Unless someone asketh for extremely personal or weird things, in which case there is a 50% chance that I will politely decline. But! Ask me/tell me anything, and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Edited by Rosharan A.C.

I don’t know yet... but I know I want to say yes to it.

Edit: But that doesn’t mean I will, so don’t get any ideas <_<. *Does the thing where you point at your eyes with two fingers and then point at the other person.*

Edited by Rosharan A.C.

If you could time travel to any year, but then never return, would you do it? What year would you go to?

What time of the day were you born at (morning, night, etc)?

Do you think the time of day you were born at affects your character?

Do you play mtg?

If the probability of event A is 1/3 and the probability of event B is 1/2, what is the probability of A or B occurring (but not both)?

How do you end parenthesis with smiley faces in a way that doesn't look weird (like I try to do here :))?

Do you have any pets?

Whom?

Edited by HeyLookItz

Why do you have fan on your account photo?

If you could choose one place to visit, where would you go?

What's your favorite color?

A.C is short name or something else?

What are your favorite ice cream?

2 hours ago, HeyLookItz said:

If you could time travel to any year, but then never return, would you do it? What year would you go to?

I don’t think that I would :P. There’s too many things in this time that I’m attached to. But if I had to, I think I’d go to 92 B.C.

What time of the day were you born at (morning, night, etc)?

Around noon, if my parents remember correctly. 

Do you think the time of day you were born at affects your character?

Not necessarily. 

Do you play mtg?

No, I do not. But I have been a little curious about it in the past.

If the probability of event A is 1/3 and the probability of event B is 1/2, what is the probability of A or B occurring (but not both)?

:blink:. 1/12?

How do you end parenthesis with smiley faces in a way that doesn't look weird (like I try to do here :))?

Well, probably add a space, or maybe substitute the parentheses with something else.

Do you have any pets?

No unfortunately, but my family is really considering getting one.

Whom?

A dog. My sister is already fixated on one name for it, but I forgot what it was. All I remember is I didn’t like it that much :P.

2 hours ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

What is the exact number of slaves Dalinar traded for Oathbringer at the end of WoK?

That is a good question. Unfortunately, I don’t know the exact number, but it’s a little over a thousand.

Edited by Rosharan A.C.

This hurts but I need to double post so I can make quote boxes :P.

5 minutes ago, Emi said:

A.C is short name or something else?

It stands for Air Conditioning. That’s my name, because I’m so cool B) (hehe, get it?). 

5 minutes ago, Emi said:

Why do you have fan on your account photo?

It is a representation of my coolness, both literally and figuratively. 

3 minutes ago, Emi said:

If you could choose one place to visit, where would you go?

That’s a good question, but I’d have to say Australia, and specifically the Great Barrier Reef. 

3 minutes ago, Emi said:

Green through and through!

4 minutes ago, Emi said:

What are your favorite ice cream?

Definitely Rolo ice cream. 

8 hours ago, Rosharan A.C. said:

That is a good question. Unfortunately, I don’t know the exact number, but it’s a little over a thousand.

I think it's 2600, I looked it up before I asked. It's something like that.

Edited by Matrim's_Dice

13 hours ago, HeyLookItz said:

4/6 or 2/3. P(A)+P(B)-P(A and B). Sorry for stealing your question.

Edited by Mist

3 minutes ago, Mist said:

4/6 or 2/3. P(A)+P(B)-P(A and B). Sorry for stealing your question.

Naw your good. I had no idea what the answer was anyway.

Green! It always has been, and it always will be!

What are the secrets you have stored away? 

What are the secrets have stored away? 

If you could meet one Sharder who’s missing from the Shard now, who would it be? 

Why did I misread Mist’s name as Mat? 

Did you think of the pickup line in your member title by yourself, or did someone suggest it to you? 

How are you?

What’s your favorite color to wear?

Who’s your favorite Cosmere character?

Do you own any books that start with the letters X, Y, or Z?

Do you prefer knobs or handles on your drawers/cupboards?

Dark, white, or milk chocolate?

What book are you currently reading?

Woah! I forgot to make myself get notifications from this thread :P.

On 5/9/2020 at 1:25 PM, AonEne said:

What are the secrets you have stored away? 

Well I can’t just tell you all of them. But here’s one: Play-doh was originally used as wallpaper cleaner.

What are the secrets have stored away? 

I am sensing a vast ocean of thoughts and ideas. Looking deeper, I feel a large chunk, which centers around... RolePlaying ;).  

If you could meet one Sharder who’s missing from the Shard now, who would it be? 

That’s a good question. Probably @Ethan_Sedai. I know he’s on a mission right now, but it would be cool to see what he’s doing and maybe say hi.

Why did I misread Mist’s name as Mat? 

Because Mat is a powerful name with lots of meaning. Your brain likely wanted an excuse to use it.

Did you think of the pickup line in your member title by yourself, or did someone suggest it to you? 

:lol: I think I originally heard it from my older brother one time. I wish I could say I came up with it myself :P.

On 5/9/2020 at 7:53 PM, Rebecca said:

How are you?

I’m doing spectacular! Today was a pretty good day.

What’s your favorite color to wear?

Probably a smoky gray. Although, for a long time I mostly more blue-ish stuff.

Who’s your favorite Cosmere character?

I might have to say Adolin.

Do you own any books that start with the letters X, Y, or Z?

Sadly no! I looked through all of mine, and then even the bookshelves in my house, and all I could find were a few that started with W.

Do you prefer knobs or handles on your drawers/cupboards?

On drawers and cupboards, I definitely prefer handles. 

Dark, white, or milk chocolate?

Milk chocolate. All. The way. White chocolate is okay sometimes, and dark chocolate is kind of gross, although I can tolerate it when I need to.

What book are you currently reading?

Currently I’m trying to get back into Knife of Dreams from the Wheel of Time. I also recently started a book called Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi, but I lost interest during the middle of it.

On 5/11/2020 at 9:52 PM, Nameless said:

Do you play PC games?

I wish! My family technically has a P.C., but it’s so old that it doesn’t even work anymore. The last P.C. game I played was Minecraft. I miss those days. I also remember playing wizards 101 for like, ever. That was a good game.

On 5/11/2020 at 9:52 PM, Nameless said:

What's your favorite non-Sanderson book character?

I’ll definitely have to say Bilbo Baggins. The Hobbit has always been one of my favorites.

Edit: that should do it. My knowledge has been imparted.

Edited by Rosharan A.C.

Just now, The_Archivist said:

What do you think of the Alleyverse so far?

Well, I’m still adding the last touches to my character, so I haven’t joined just yet. But I’m really excited :D. It seems cool to have a whole world inside the 17th shard. I really want to hone my RP skills, I just hope I don’t get drawn into something too big. I don’t think I’d be able to keep up :P.

• 3 weeks later...

Given the choice between $10,000 now or $5 every week for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

Oddly enough, pineapples have begun raining from the sky. What do you use as an umbrella?

What’s your favorite band/musical artist?

What’s your favorite song?

What’s your favorite instrument to listen to?

5 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Given the choice between $10,000 now or $5 every week for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

Oddly enough, pineapples have begun raining from the sky. What do you use as an umbrella?

What’s your favorite band/musical artist?

What’s your favorite song?

What’s your favorite instrument to listen to?

After doing the math, I think I’d go with $10,000. Frankly, with that much money right now, I could invest in things that would give me more than $5 a week, and I could buy some new socks and D&D books without having to wait.

Good question. My first thought is some kind of slicing implement, so that the pineapples would be ready to eat after they fall on me.

That’s a hard one, but I might have to say Queen.

Currently, Don’t Go Breaking My Heart, by Elton John.

Also a hard one. I think either the piano or the violin.

Do you have any weird habits?

What is/was your favorite part of quarantine?

What is/was your least favorite part of quarantine?

Do you like pandas?

Based on the alignment of the rain clouds with the sun, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much does a unicorn hoof cost in New Zealand?

26 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Do you have any weird habits?

What is/was your favorite part of quarantine?

What is/was your least favorite part of quarantine?

Do you like pandas?

Based on the alignment of the rain clouds with the sun, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much does a unicorn hoof cost in New Zealand?

Hmmm. I’ll let you judge how weird they are, but here’s a few: I cannot resist dancing at least a little when any type of music starts playing, I always end up washing my hands at least three times while I get ready for bed, and quite often, probably more than a dozen times a day, I’ll find myself tapping/patting out a random beat.

My favorite part has probably been spending so much time with my family. It’s funny to think about how much more we’re together now, despite the fact that we’ve always been in the same home.

My least favorite part has probably been not being able to hang out with friends. Me, Truthless, and our other friend just started playing D&D when the quarantine began, which is kind of a bummer. We’re making the best of it, but I look forward to when we can start playing in person. 

Of course! They’re not my favorite animal or anything, but they are still one of life’s greatest mammals, along with koalas and platypuses. 

Well the answer is obviously between 5.93 and 7.26, should the rain cloud to sun alignment coincide with any pop culture reference, or a 3 if the alignment results in any type of coruscation. Of course, that’s not taking into account the natural tectonic movement around New Zealand, nor the musical tastes of the unicorn who provided the hoof. 

Edited by Rosharan A.C.