Shinovas lack of Spren Theory

Its documented somewhere a lack of Spren in Shinova and most of us theorise the Shin have most of the lost shard blades and plates.

If we're correct in assuming the Shin do indeed have these shards, im wondering if this corelates to the lack of Spren in Shin-land?

E.g. In the cognitive realm Shinova is like the Spren Graveyard with hundreds if not thousands of dead eyes and the equivalent of shard plate dead eyes (if that's even a thing). So theres an unspoken anathema on Spren going to Shinova hence the lack of Spren..?

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, RShara said:

We don't know that there are no spren in Shinovar. We didn't see any in the one Interlude we've had there, but spren aren't always around, and one datapoint isn't really enough for confirmation.

"Nothing moved. With a start, Rysn realized she couldn’t see any spren. Not a one. No windspren, no lifespren, nothing. It was as if the entire land were slow of wit. Like a man who was born without all his brains, one who didn’t know when to protect himself, but instead just stared at the wall drooling."

This bit from Rysn's first interlude really heavily implies there are no spren in Shinovar. Thing about how prevalent the life is there. It's everywhere in abundance. No bare stone. Nothing hiding. The idea that she would see no lifespren in an environment where Life is everywhere is meant to tell us something. The line wouldn't be there if it weren't important. I've always assumed it's a side affect of soil on some level. And probably something to do with a lack of Crem, which seems like it should be noted more. I mean... Without Crem the ecosystem falls apart. And it only comes with high storms. I have to wonder if it isn't of Cultivation/related to Stormlight somehow. 

I've been working on a theory that the Dawnshards are actually epic terraforming fabrials, and Shinovar's lack of spren is part of it. I believe that the immigrating humans used some kind of gigantic Soulcasting to transform a chunk of Roshar into a human world instead- which would mean that the whole region's Spiritual Identity is now different. That's why there are no spren, and why the highstorms are so weak, and how there are human plants, animals, and the soil to support them. That place isn't Rosharan anymore, despite being right in the middle of it.

1 hour ago, earthexile said:

I've been working on a theory that the Dawnshards are actually epic terraforming fabrials, and Shinovar's lack of spren is part of it. I believe that the immigrating humans used some kind of gigantic Soulcasting to transform a chunk of Roshar into a human world instead- which would mean that the whole region's Spiritual Identity is now different. That's why there are no spren, and why the highstorms are so weak, and how there are human plants, animals, and the soil to support them. That place isn't Rosharan anymore, despite being right in the middle of it.

The highstorms are weak because they've blown over an entire continent and they're sheltered by a mountain range. It's noted that Highstorms are stronger the further east you are so Western nations just don't get hit as hard overall with Shinovar barely getting touched. That's also why they can have soil and trees that don't move. On the other hand the Everstorm has probably wrecked shop there but we haven't had the chance to see yet. That said the Terra forming thing is interesting and has potential. It's just not related to the Highstorms. 

Edited by Aminar

Shinovar is odd for a lot of reasons #rysin is right.  Where are the giant bugs for example?  The increased oxygen and less gravity is still there so bugs should get bigger and eat people.  How do they deal with the crem?  Does the highstrom not drop any?  What is going on in Shinovar can't be explained by just physical reasons(mountain range) some magic is going on.

I like the idea of spren being scared off by a ton of the dead spren being there.

Might not be related, but Szeth has bonded a high spren, yet it does not show itself to him much at all. I assumed it’s because of nightblood being around, but maybe they don’t like the Shin to see them.

Maybe long ago the spren were told to stay away from the humans in Shinovar in the physical realm. Could have been part of keeping the humans in Shinovar. “Hey magic spirits don’t show yourselves to the humans and give them any ideas about what other cool magic things they could find on Roshar.”

Or maybe the Spren are weirded out by the ecology being different from the rest of the continent.