Shallan/Veil/Radiant and Stormlight healing

Quantus

A thought occurred to me, and Im curious if there is any evidence either way.  By the end of OB the Veil and Radiant personas were very strongly established in Shallan, to the point that she was switching between them almost without control.  How deep do those alternate self images go, do you think?  If Veil is in control and she uses Stormlight to heal, do her eyes ans skin physically become darker, independent of an active Lightweaving? Would Radiant's bust actually, physically become larger (being the primary physical difference that's been mentioned) as a function of the Stormlight healing and the way it aligns your Physical with your Self-Image?  Or would the fact that she's accessing the power via Pattern (an external, nominally objective observer) and Speaking Personal Truths insulate her from those differences and keep her anchored to the "Shallan" spiritual/Platonic ideal?

Thoughts?

I don't think she ever went that far.  There is some evidence that Shallan knows that both Radiant and Veil are play entities that are just versions of her.  She admits that Veil has no knowledge that she does not have and to an extent I think it is true that Veil does not have any feelings that Shallan doesn't have so no I do not think her body would change via stormlight healing although this would be an interesting high level Lightweaving power. 

Edited by Karger

45 minutes ago, Karger said:

I don't think she ever went that far.  There is some evidence that Shallan knows that both Radiant and Veil are play entities that are just versions of her.  She admits that Veil has no knowledge that she does not have and to an extent I think it is true that Veil does not have any feelings that Shallan doesn't have so no I do not think her body would change via stormlight healing although this would be an interesting high level Lightweaving power. 

Maybe, but she was definitely getting a bit lost it in at the end of OB, between the time she was fluctuating randomly between them until Adolin pulled her out of it, to the time that all three were there holding hands but apparently Radiant had the actual body.  Granted from an outside perspective it would be pretty hard to tell the difference between her body healing itself to a new physical state and employing her solid illusions, at least until the stormlight runs out.  

As another implication, suppose she eventually absorbs/reintegrates one of the other into her core self.  Radiant seems the most likely as she's basically just a more confident adn controlled version of Shallan herself (as compared to Veil that is intended to have a wildly different look, background and upbringing). So if Shallan reaches the point in her life that she she's herself as the same controlled and confident Kngiht Radiant that she created Radiant for, I could very much see her taking on the physical traits of that Radiant persona, or at least merging them into her own.  

1 hour ago, Quantus said:

Maybe, but she was definitely getting a bit lost it in at the end of OB, between the time she was fluctuating randomly between them until Adolin pulled her out of it,

They are still "fake" since the binary English language does not have a good method for taking about different kinds of truth.  Neither Radiant nor Veil have any feelings independent of Shallan.  It just depends on which impulses she decides to act under.  Shallan at the time could not decide and became conflicted so to her it seemed like she was turning into several different people.

to the time that all three were there holding hands but apparently Radiant had the actual body.  Granted

Shallan's body was under radiant(unless you think she somehow transposed herself into one of her own illusions).

So if Shallan reaches the point in her life that she she's herself as the same controlled and confident Kngiht Radiant that she created Radiant for, I could very much see her taking on the physical traits of that Radiant persona, or at least merging them into her own.  

Except for Shallan to reach a point in her life where she is the confident Radiant that she made Radiant for she would probably have to understand that the look is just superficial. 

Another factor to consider would be Pattern's influence in the healing. I think that he would have to see her as Radiant or one of those other personas, and that would be unlikely to happen, considering how he sees them as lies.

I dont think she’d actually change body shape or skin color.

But i do think that the fact that her personas have their own spiritual nature has implications 

Questioner

Shallan's personas. How would they be viewed in the Spiritual Realm? Would they be an individual? Or would they be seen as being slightly separate?

Brandon Sanderson

They would be seen as an individual.

Oathbringer Glasgow signing (Dec. 2, 2017)

Edited by Eternal Khol