Amazing Yet Stupid Things to Do With Breath

Karger

2 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

I imagine it'd be something like the Library of Babel on the internet here on earth; randomly generated text that could, in theory, spell something meaningful, but probably won't.

An infinite number of awakened papers writing for an infinite amount of time would eventually write out the complete works of shakespear...  :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Shard of Reading said:

What is the library of babel?

It's a website that uses math to generate text predictably but randomly; you can search for your name and find whenever those letters happen to line up, for example. Gimme a minute and I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Yep here it is: https://libraryofbabel.info/

Edited by Halyo_Alex
found the link

2 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

It's a website that uses math to generate text predictably but randomly; you can search for your name and find whenever those letters happen to line up, for example. Gimme a minute and I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Yep here it is: https://libraryofbabel.info/

That's cool. I'll have to spend some time figuring out what it does.

23 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

That's cool. I'll have to spend some time figuring out what it does.

It does have an "about" page. :)

Edit: Ok after checking out the subreddit (the "forum" linked in the main page) I found a conlang for translating the random text into actual english sentences.

This is actually super clever. You could even reverse this and type coherent english thoughts in the "random text language" of the Library anywhere, as a sort of encryption.

Edited by Halyo_Alex
Found a Conlang to translate the random text

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's all great...

But we need to Awaken Wayne's hat. We're going to make it super "lucky" and do random stuff that'll confuse the heck out of him. Another idea: we give Wayne a defensive Nightblood hat that talks to him and people around him. The command, I think, would be similar to, "become as a shield for Wayne's head".

7 hours ago, Njvodin said:

Or we could Awaken Marasi's handbag to never have what she wants unless she directly looks at it

like if you're moving your hand around in the bag, trying to feel around for something, the items in the bag move around, unless you stare directly at it

Haah! That's great :) 

She'd have to relearn the skill "searching your handbag" at the Constabulary.

A man made of rope- "Collect breath." (Type IV)

the Cosmere shudders as a cloth man runs around stealing any souls it can, determined to not stop until all breath belongs to it. 

*Becomes the vessel of Endowment via soul stealing*

Rope man-1.png.png

Edited by Omi the Counselor
added rope man picture

Using Peacegiver the Blessed's treasure of breaths to spread Veganism throughout the Cosmere by creating an army of Awakened Vegetables.

Skirmishers: Awakened rutabagas wielding celery bows (the xylem fibers used as bowstring) firing dried enoki mushroom arrows. 

Heavy Infantry: Awakened Eggplants armored in plate mail made from the bracts of artichokes, wielding asparagus spears. 

Heavy Cavalry: Awakened cruxiate vegetable knights (broccoli and cauliflower) armed with carrot lances mounted on awakened horseradishes. 

Shock troops: Awakened flowers from The Devil's Hand tree, riding atop awakened Bhudda's Hand Citron fruits throwing age cured hard and spikey rambutan fruit. Kind of like Hannibal's elephants, omnivores won't know what hit 'em. 

Pictures of the components of the shock troops spoilered below. 

Spoiler

Flower from the Devil's Hand Tree

20201105_130453.thumb.jpg.da266ecbd3a1e83fd39ff61920a49be1.jpg

Bhudda's Hand Citron Fruit

20201105_130539.jpg.b59c8a12e7d2902edf4b0d17d7a40293.jpg

Rambutan fruit

Fresh-Rambutan-1.jpg.4d154f364c37837653b820372ea284b6.jpg

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine