Amazing Yet Stupid Things to Do With Breath

Karger

I recently had a fantastic yet silly idea of what to do with an extra couple thousand breath.  Give it to a horse and let it become a semisapient immortal horse!  Anyone else have a similarly brilliant idea?

Or imagine that you have really big emotional relationship with your garden

and your innocent looking plant had almoust died and you're giving it breath to survive

(that would be kind cute though):P

Edited by Emi

6 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Give a few thousand breaths to Kelsior. Teach him how they work. Watch him somehow possess an incredibly absurd set of creatures that grant him increasingly wacky abilities and presence in the physical realm...

I personally think we are going to get some kind of steampunk robo Kelseir in the future.

18 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I mean going to shadesmar and trying to awaken some beads.

I don't think the result is any different from putting breath into an object.

Hoiditthroughthegrapevine (paraphrased)

If Nightblood were in the cognitive realm and was used to stab a bead that was the cognitive representation of a castle, would the castle be destroyed in the Physical Realm?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

If you could get Nightblood into the Cognitive Realm, then yes. 

What would happen to people who were in the castle at the time? 

They wouldn't be affected (other than possibly plummeting to their death).

How about a carpet that had been in the castle for 50 years? 

No, 50 years most likely wouldn't be enough time. 

Is this like the "Ship of Theseus?" 

Yes

Oathbringer Portland signing (Nov. 16, 2017)

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

...Nightblood stabbing something and putting breath into objects are completely different.

The breath and Nightblood both effect your spiritual aspect.  Since you can also give breath to spren I see no reason why you can't give beads breath but the effect should be no different from giving it to their bodies as what you are really doing is expanding their souls.

18 hours ago, Karger said:

You can give breath to spren...

15 hours ago, Karger said:

The breath and Nightblood both effect your spiritual aspect.  Since you can also give breath to spren I see no reason why you can't give beads breath but the effect should be no different from giving it to their bodies as what you are really doing is expanding their souls.

Source? 

18 hours ago, Karger said:

But nightblood affects sentients and objects (mostly) the same, whereas breath doesn’t. Also, technically everything affects the spiritweb.

3 hours ago, R J said:

Source? 

Questioner

So, is it possible for a spren to get more Investiture? And if it does, will it kinda level up into a higher form of spren?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, it's possible. That is totally possible.

Oathbringer release party (Nov. 13, 2017)

It appears I misremembered I thought the Wob was more explicit.

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

But nightblood affects sentients and objects (mostly) the same, whereas breath doesn’t. Also, technically everything affects the spiritweb.

As a regular watcher of shardcast.  Sigh.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 10:17 PM, king of nowhere said:

the sapient pet dog then kills the guy for having him neutered, and take over the financial empire.

Several dogs exist that are millionaires. 

According to BBC News, Gunther III, a German shepherd, inherited $65 million when his owner, the late German countess Karlotta Liebenstein died in 1992. The humans who managed his doggy estate eventually invested Gunther's money and turned it into $375 million which was passed onto Gunther’s son, Gunther IV. 

Gunther IV and his team of handlers have used that money to snatch up mansions and villas all over the world (including Madonna's) and now Gunther IV is actually considered the world’s richest dog.

Awaken the vegetable garden fence to keep non-human animals from entering the garden. You'll never have to worry about losing your tomato plants again. Or we might end up with a Nightblood-fence-thing that constantly wants to "destroy vermin", and eats the soul of whatever touches it. 

On 5/27/2020 at 10:18 AM, SirWolfe said:

Awaken the vegetable garden fence to keep non-human animals from entering the garden. You'll never have to worry about losing your tomato plants again. Or we might end up with a Nightblood-fence-thing that constantly wants to "destroy vermin", and eats the soul of whatever touches it. 

That would make for some seriously good tomatoes.